What's new

PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate.

This was SMQ plan? I doubt these pea-brained people had any plan except to disrupt the economy to the point of getting some concessions. Anyway, even SMQ is better than Imran Khan, however, as even the PTI-ians would telly you, PTI minus IK is nothing. It is a different matter that PTI WITH Imran is also nothing now, especially if the KPK assembly switches the coalition.

SMQ is a smart fox. His body language had been troubling me. Why was he not anxious? He has a key position and from there seems to be exerting controlling influence. If he was not one of the biggest jagirdar pirs, I would actually be cheering him. There are a few people in PTI who know what is going on. They are smart people and I think they are waiting for IK to take a fall.

IK's personality has made PTI what it is. But the way he is making decisions shows that he can not take it forward. He is autocratic and over-confident. There is open rebellion in the party just because of this. I smile each time PTI people call NS a badshah. That he is indeed, but IK is no less so.

IK is the face of a phenomenon, which would still be there if IK were to go. There is a great deal of dissatisfaction and angst among our educated middle class. This is what feeds PTI. These people are often not aware about national politics, since they have not bothered to study it. They seem simple and fanatical - that is true, but if they do not get disillusioned, they will play a more positive part in future (I hope).

That is why it is important for IK to take the lead in creating a Parliamentary Election Reform Committee with the strong support that he has (had?) to ensure that the next elections are better than the ones before. That is the proper way to improve the system.

thats half of the truth, full truth comes along with ACCOUNTABILITY of those who rigged elections in 2013.

Agreed.... Situation could have been dealt far more effectively and peacefully had the government adopted preemptive talk, in fact I have been saying this since the start of the march on this very forum.

But if I am not mistaken government has already agreed to act on all demands except the demand of resignation. If the demand of resignation was only there for pressure tactic purpose could you please now help me understand the purpose behind the continuation of this dharna, given PTI has achieved what it intended?

they can agree to anything to get away from this situation, resignation is the only leverage PTI now has for face saving..plus an independent inquiry cannot be held against a person who is sitting at the top office of the government.

thats half of the truth, full truth comes along with ACCOUNTABILITY of those who rigged elections in 2013.

Accountability will never be achieved through the use of street hooliganism. The proper way is to improve the system step by step like I have suggested before. Have we not seen what these periodic paroxysms of "Ehteshab Ho Gaa!" actually do in terms of political victimization and not much else so many times already?

they can agree to anything to get away from this situation, resignation is the only leverage PTI now has for face saving...

Says it all. Maybe you can do a post-mortem and tell us as to why PTI has to do 'face saving'?

Sharif Family very strong they can buy out judges, terrorists, criminals and the corrupt people of Pakistan. They have lot of haram money.

Says it all. Maybe you can do a post-mortem and tell us as to why PTI has to do 'face saving'?

because resignation became the focal point..

Accountability will never be achieved through the use of street hooliganism. The proper way is to improve the system step by step like I have suggested before. Have we not seen what these periodic paroxysms of "Ehteshab Ho Gaa!" actually do in terms of political victimization and not much else so many times already?

you got to start it somewhere, when crooks are on top and cronies using democracy/law for their cover, you got to knock them out !

you got to start it somewhere, when crooks are on top and cronies using democracy/law for their cover, you got to knock them out !

So how is this trying to "knock them out" working out so far? :D

Seriously though, nations and their institutions are built slowly over decades, slowly and steadily, by improving whatever can be done and never going back in the other direction. If IK's intent is to do what is right for Pakistan, he would wrap up this silly tantrum and go sit in the Parliament where he belongs. If it is just a naked grab for power simply because he did not win the election, then go at it by all means like a common thief, but only on a grander scale.

@Syed.Ali.Haider this might give a fatal heart attack :laughcry: so watch at your own risk :P

for the rest of us, its who we are, its our way of life... treat to my friends @Jazzbot @Akheilos @AstanoshKhan @Marshmallow @pkuser2k12 @Bilal. @Fahad Khan 2 @A.Rafay and all the rest of who believe in change.. :pakistan:

So how is this trying to "knock them out" working out so far? :D

Seriously though, nations and their institutions are built slowly over decades, slowly and steadily, by improving whatever can be done and never going back in the other direction. If IK's intent is to do what is right for Pakistan, he would wrap up this silly tantrum and go sit in the Parliament where he belongs. If it is just a naked grab for power simply because he did not win the election, then go at it by all means like a common thief, but only on a grander scale.

we are going in the wrong direction. there is no way crooks at the top going to let you have reforms while they sitting on the top.. its a hard path but the only path to move forward.. we had better institutionalized when we took over from the british, things deteriorated since then...falling to pit is not moving in right direction... hello, shake up, get electric shocks or whatever makes you make the hell up... but wake up !

@Syed.Ali.Haider this might give a fatal heart attack so watch at your own risk

It will take more than a slick advert to kill me Sir. :D

Well, stuff like this kept the dollars flowing from abroad into PTI coffers for a while, so they are good in that sense.

Bv8UwcIIEAEuXUU.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom