What's new

PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate.

Heck I'm going tomorrow. Here is an opportunity to discard all sense of tune and melody along with everything I know about music, and indulge myself in such classics as "Ne Heeray!" and "Saali". ..along with the timeless "Asan de jana Billo de Ghar". Morerover, TuQ has also arranged Qawwali so essentially Pakistan's main government boulevard is the scene of intense quasi-pop/classical spiritual music convention. Forget woodstock, this is the new hippism and I for one am going tomorrow and taking a dollop of some of the magical weed along to smoke and share with the babes there( a friend of mine is indulging in this as we speak). This is a partayy and I intend to join it.

P.s.. I heard there may be some political activism out there but who cares.. YOLO!

Exactly...Junaid Jamshed is also coming!

There aren't many concerts in Isloo, but these Jalsas provide an event for some live music!

Aaj I went there...mahol on tha,,,Asan tay jana, billo day ghar!

I'm pretty sure khakis have spread these predictions around (who can be danday wali sarkar but a general?) there is another making rounds (Nojawanoun kee hakomat) which also points to khaki officers taking charge :lol:

Alright, so what is this guys trying to say: Eventually a military govt which would make Pakistan self-reliant and using Danda to keep order? Well, General Zia was one and at least in his early days he was not so reliant on foreign aid. He sure as hell used the Danda AND Flogging a lot. And he is considered the most despised leader of Pakistan. I am a witness to those 'Islamic' punishments of public floggings and public hangings (though I turned my head away whenever I happened to be riding by--I had enough sense even as a teen ager to realize the vulgarity of that).

So what is he talking about in simple words?

I'm pretty sure khakis have spread these predictions around (who can be danday wali sarkar but a general?) there is another making rounds (Nojawanoun kee hakomat) which also points to khaki officers taking charge :lol:

These predictions were made 10-15 years ago. ;)

Old one but it is pretty consistent, A caretaker government would come and then elections would be conducted which would be more of a selection than election and after that Sukoon hi Sukoon :P

Alright, so what is this guys trying to say: Eventually a military govt which would make Pakistan self-reliant and using Danda to keep order? Well, General Zia was one and at least in his early days he was not so reliant on foreign aid. He sure as hell used the Danda AND Flogging a lot. And he is considered the most despised leader of Pakistan. I am a witness to those 'Islamic' punishments of public floggings and public hangings (though I turned my head away whenever I happened to be riding by--I had enough sense even as a teen ager to realize the vulgarity of that).

Pakistan would achieve it's glory days in a decade when sarkar would come to rule :P

These predictions were made 10-15 years ago. ;)

Old one but it is pretty consistent, A caretaker government would come and then elections would be conducted which would be more of a selection than election and after that Sukoon hi Sukoon :P

Pakistan would achieve it's glory days in a decade when sarkar would come to rule :P
You seriously didn't got it I mean predictions

This idiot standing on pak flag
image.jpg

Maintenance of Momentum is a principle of war. Has IK-TUQ's march lost the momentum?

He actually doesn't say military government (but it most probably is). Keeping in view different versions there is rumored to be some guy (who will have a beard by most accounts) with green eyes who will come to power when things will be totally out of control. He will brutally crush down any resistance and will be extremely ruthless in dealing with anti-sate elements. By most accounts Zia was the man (there is no date given and this green eyed Messiah story is making rounds since the 60's.)

This thing has become such a big farce that it's not even funny because of the kind of damage it's causing to Pakistan's economy. Here is a person, Imran khan, who's held the entire country's economy hostage because he can't part with his ego and vanity.

He gathers, lets go by PTI figures, 25k people and decides to overthrow an elected gov't which he doesn't like. We all know how easy it is for any veteran political party in Pakistan to gather a crowd with such numbers, much bigger as a matter of fact. Every political analyst and columnist in the country has pretty much voiced the same opinion that it'll be a very dangerous trend set to topple any elected gov't by any opposition party.

Basically the formula is this, try to win the election, if you can't then wait a few months, cry rigging of massive proportion took place, then gather your party workers and supporters and threaten to oust the Prime Minister. This could very well happen to any elected political party in the future, even PTI.

Now why Imran is so keen on continuing this farce of a protest; I'm not too sure. But as Pakistani we know who and what this man is, where he comes from and his past and probably we can guess as to why he's doing what he's doing.

Imran has always had a huge ego problem. Look into his past and one can clearly find many occasions where his cricketing decisions cost Pak team many easy winnable matches, and that's only because he didn't wanna listen to other cricket legends in the team around him. I believe NFP wrote an interesting piece about that 2-3 years ago.

Imran has always been narcissistic. His playboy past combined with his looks are a clear indication. This self absorbed person jumps into politics and sees a crowd of tens of thousands people standing before him chanting his name and his narcissism multiplies manifold. That, combined with his huge ego and you have created the perfect self-centered and conceited individual who is utterly incapable of listening to reason.

His current selfish standoff with the gov't and his cheap language against the PM has left me no choice but to say that Imran is a bully. He's selfish, he's arrogant, he's a egotistical maniac. Heck, one can easily run of adjectives to describe this maniac who's currently on the loose and is threatening the entire nation.

God, I hope the gov't takes strict and punitive measures against him. I hope they sue his arrogant *** to oblivion over the damage he's caused to the country's economy. Make him and his party pay every rupee the gov't lost. I have lost patience with this guy and this so called protest. Its dragged on too long. And I believe a huge proportion of people are also loosing patience with every passing moment.

Pakistan's political path: Two steps back | The Economist

IMRAN KHAN, a former star cricketer turned politician, is overly fond of cricketing metaphors. For the past six days he has delivered speeches peppered with corny references to the sport, to cheers from the thousands of followers he has protesting on the streets of Pakistan’s capital.

Unfortunately for his own role in the metaphor between sport and politics, Mr Khan lacks a certain basic level of respect for the umpire. Having failed to win last year’s election Mr Khan, the leader of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party (PTI), is determined to have the result overturned. He makes his case on claims of massive “electoral match-fixing”—which have not been supported by independent observers.

Undeterred, over the past week Mr Khan led a slow-moving convoy from Lahore to Islamabad. He and his procession crawled along their 300km course without picking up the kind of throngs he had been hoping to find. In Islamabad Mr Khan’s stalwarts began a long sit-in on one of the capital’s long avenues. They heard their hero repeat his demand for the resignation of prime minister, Nawaz Sharif, who leads the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and controls an overwhelming majority in parliament.

Pakistan’s commentariat was unimpressed, with many pundits declaring the whole thing a flop because Mr Khan failed to get anywhere near the 1m people he had rashly predicted. While the crowd has ebbed and flowed as the monsoon rains have come and gone, it is generally thought to have peaked in size at around 20,000. Whatever the numbers, he has been outdone by Tahir ul-Qadri, a Canada-based cleric with a devoted following. Mr ul-Qadri is running a parallel demonstration demanding a revolution that will lead to an entirely new political order. In their aims the crowds have much in common, but their comparison in numbers is not flattering to the leader who claims to have won a national election.

Mr Khan will probably remain a national hero to many Pakistanis regardless of their politics. But he has attracted an unusual degree of public scorn after using his pulpit on Sunday night to call for a taxation strike. In a country where tax evasion is already rampant, he suggested Mr Sharif could be forced to step down within just 48 hours, if only enough people refused to pay their taxes and utility bills.

The political drama has proved a great distraction from other crises besetting the nation. On August 14th commando teams of Pakistani Taliban fighters attacked two separate military installations in the restive province of Baluchistan, killing 13 security forces. On August 18th the new government of India, led by Narendra Modi, signalled a tough new line when it cancelled high-level talks that had been planned between the two countries. The Indians were protesting against a meeting that Pakistan’s high commissioner had with Kashmiri separatists in New Delhi.

Mr Sharif is apparently unwilling to help Mr Khan back down from his extreme demands. And so the PTI leader doubled down, announcing that all of his party’s 34 parliamentarians would quit their seats in protest. The PTI members of the country’s four provincial assemblies will also resign—but not those in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, where the party controls the government—which is prompting accusations of hypocrisy.

To increase the pressure on the streets, Mr Khan ordered his youthful supporters to push into Islamabad’s sensitive “Red Zone” of government buildings and embassies. By the early hours of Wednesday morning, August 20th, thousands of Mr Khan’s and Mr Qadri’s supporters had removed barricades, pushed past police and camped themselves directly in front of the parliament building, with the two leaders repeating their demands for the removal of Mr Sharif.

While it still looks unlikely they will get their wish, the standoff has created perfect conditions for the army to reassert its traditional role, wielding the same power which Mr Sharif has used his first year in power to try and reduce. The fact that the army, which until Wednesday had remained silent on the matter, rushed to call for “patience” from all the “stakeholders” involved in the dispute has led many to conclude the whole affair was secretly orchestrated by the generals.

The military establishment has been anxious to regain its authority over foreign and defence policy, which was once unquestioned. The generals have been at loggerheads over Mr Sharif’s impassioned desire for warmer relations with India; Pakistan’s overgrown army exists largely to confront the giant neighbour. It is also unclear whether the army can tolerate Mr Sharif’s wish to drop the country’s decades-old policy of interfering in Afghanistan.

Whether or not Mr Sharif survives, coup-prone Pakistan’s strides towards greater democracy have been severely damaged. The 2013 election was historic for being the first time the country had ever experienced the peaceful transition of power after a democratically elected government survived its full five-year term for the first time. It only made it that long because Mr Sharif’s PML-N, then in opposition, refused to use street power to bring it down early.

It is not only Pakistan’s recent progress that is at stake. Given the evidence of growing public discontent with his haphazard campaign, Mr Khan also risks undermining his own chances of building on last year’s electoral success. In choosing to play what he has described as his “final match” against Mr Sharif, Mr Khan could end up losing everything he built for himself too.

@Chak Bamu @MalikBrother @Jzaib @orangzaib

foreign paid media! noora paid media! economist spreading propaganda!

PTI die hard fans will still not believe how badly this march is failing. Any Pakiatani news websites I quoted, they'd accuse them all. Now let's see what they've to say about the economist. Also guardian posted similar article.
well if u have accepted their demands economy would be fine .. if u would have have murderer 14 people in model town .. there would have been no protest. If u would have accepted the demands which u accpeted on last day , things would be better .,, how Noon leagues can stop us from long march when they did it as well . hypocrates and slaves have no answer for it

well if u have accepted their demands economy would be fine .. if u would have have murderer 14 people in model town .. there would have been no protest. If u would have accepted the demands which u accpeted on last day , things would be better .,, how Noon leagues can stop us from long march when they did it as well . hypocrates and slaves have no answer for it

So you would follow a mentally retarded leader (TWO in this case), instead of going to the court and your genius minds don't comprehend common sense that violence and putting an entire city at gun point is destructive to people, to its citizens and to its economy.
You are still supporting open terrorism and treason and that's your agenda. You can continue with it as people who follow so called leaders like Hitlers are abusive themselves. But no matter what the outcome may be, here's a fact, both of these idiots are out of Pakistan's politics, they've been disowned by the same country who's system and the constitution they violated. Their political career's gone and done. You may want to find another leader to latch onto.....

So you would follow a mentally retarded leader (TWO in this case), instead of going to the court and your genius minds don't comprehend common sense that violence and putting an entire city at gun point is destructive to people, to its citizens and to its economy.
You are still supporting open terrorism and treason and that's your agenda. You can continue with it as people who follow so called leaders like Hitlers are abusive themselves. But no matter what the outcome may be, here's a fact, both of these idiots are out of Pakistan's politics, they've been disowned by the same country who's system and the constitution they violated. Their political career's gone and done. You may want to find another leader to latch onto.....
1. dont use courts .. courts said register FIR still it is not registered. why ?
2. dont have double standards, if shahabaz sharif wouldnt have murdered people in model town PTI had delayed the protest and so does qadari.
3. supreme court disagrees with u . protest is the right of people PMLN have done that so now they have problem with it .
4. They are using same language as PMLN used against zardari and mqm but pmln slaves turned blind eye to it

donpt punish nation for 14 people

how many people have died so far in kpk? is it not provincial responsibility to protect them? or u forget hundreds of people dying today for the sake of 14 people that died months ago?

how many people have died so far in kpk? is it not provincial responsibility to protect them? or u forget hundreds of people dying today for the sake of 14 people that died months ago?
my dear its not matter of 14 people it is matter of principle, which is missing in Pakistani politicians since long. Such retaliation was needed long ago, which did not happen. The more it is delayed more violent it will become and people like MNS may end up into fate like Qaddafi.

bro in kpk they were killed by terrorist, army and police is doing operation against them . why u have so flawed answers .
when people dnt give justice that is when they come on street .. how can any muslim have this logic .. just bcoz they are ur leaders they can kill anyone? murder is a murder , pmln is trying everythng to distort the investigation .. so they should resign till investigation . as it is nawaz sharif that is why u dnt care about 14 dead 80 + shot.

Back
Top Bottom