What's new

PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate.

The result: TUQ has immerged the more powerful. Crowd puller and organizational capacity better than IK. TUQ to be watched for future.

Political affiliation is a different thing. People are fighting with each other on these LOTEERAS which is actually ridiculous....

Point is from past 6 years + 1.5 years Government bought massive loans in fact five times more than the required and dependent Pakistan on IMF. Did you income or anything increased the way inflation increased? Big NO!
Both parties did back-door agreements and fool public continuously. Not a single Pakistan raise his voice. When IK start dharha and within just 2 days Pakistan have lost 3.2 billion $ in short “Sab ko Pakistan yaad agaya hey foran”.

If you asked any voter of these two parties PPP and PML-N they hardly come-up with some sensible answer. 99.9% speechless, bashing or want to change the direction of debate when you ask these two important questions:
- Aap ke halat kitni badli hey?
- Aap kay leader nay apni manifesto may jo kaha tha uspe unhonay kitna amal kya hey?

In Past 7 years... record bhata khoori, target killing across Pakistan, 55,000 Pakistanis died, More than 1.5 trillion $ Loss, Kidnapping for ransom @ higher level, Rape cases 50 times in percentage than the past as per own government stats, Loan reached at double %, Never initiate single Audit, inflation, GST, Corruption at maximum level... From PIA, Train to OGDC, each and every organization almost lost and so on... in these past 7 years kise ko Mulk ke gerat and Pakistaniyat yaad nahe aye…

Just example: A Law minster is caught on TV receiving bribe on behalf of CM. A so called democracy jahan journlist ko life threats diye ja rahay hain from government, a country where Court passed order for launch FIR against current on rule CM and PM..

This country deserved this situation. People love to follow corrupt leaders and give justifications about the on-going 7 years of so called democracy.

Yaar, I've had enough. The only thing that could make me come back now, is a serious shift of policy and way of thinking, elected leadership, no more one man show of IK.

Today the things he said, I was watching his speech on ARY, and right there my PMLN supporter friend, I said to him in plain words, I am not a supporter anymore, to hell with PTI if this their change.

Their calls for anarchy will no doubt mess Pakistan up, Middle East and Arab spring.

Don't get me started on Qadri either, I feel sorry for him, he is soiling his name and his organization and his life's work, he should go home and have some rest and for God sake let those poor women, children and elderly go home. They need not fear Gullu Butt types as they should fear the death and misery bought by these marches.

It took a while, but today the scales officially tipped.

p.s. who's the somkin' broad in your pp?

Morena Baccarin. And dude the broad term actually is derivative of a "piece of meat" :woot:

Seriously my noora friends are breathing a sigh of relief. :(

So civil disobedience leads to electrcity being cut of pakistanis. or no payment of taxes leads to failure of police salaries and salries and medication at Jinnah Hospitals all over paksitan.

How does this affect NAWAZ?

secondly, If it is a long term thing i can understand but just 2 days? In two days i have no bills coming or taxes due. So how can it affect by jsut 2 days?

Finally a bankrupt nation cannot pay for its imports of oil or any type of import in its local currency.

A bankcrupt nation becomes SOMALIA. all these hardly affect NOON leauge!

please let's not get carried away in love of Imran.

PTI rally participants dejected by Imran’s call
Waseem Abbasi
Monday, August 18, 2014

ISLAMABAD: While the crowd was fairly decent at the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) rally on Sunday evening, dejected people started leaving in droves after Imran Khan’s call for civil disobedience even before the conclusion of his speech.

The atmosphere was charged when the PTI chief began his speech with thousands of men, women and children dancing in anticipation of a big announcement promised by Khan earlier in the day. Majority of the crowd belonged to the twin cities as the people came to the festive rally in a holiday mood on the weekend.

However, as the speech progressed and Khan announced that after 12 hours of thinking, he had decided not to storm the Red Zone and instead launch a civil disobedience campaign, the crowd started to disperse in disappointment.

Talking to The News, the participants expressed dissatisfaction at the strategy of their leader, saying the call was not practical and it would further compound their sufferings.“This is not what I have come here for; I thought he will announce a plan through which we can get rid of loadshedding, price-hike and other problems, but his plan is not practical,” said 40-year-old Dilshad Ahmad, who came to the PTI rally, along with three members of his family, from Attock.

“How can I live without paying electricity and gas bills? Obviously, the relevant companies will disconnect my supply, and I will have to live without electricity and gas, which is impossible,” he added.

Ahmad said he used to come daily from Attock along with his wife, daughter and son to attend the rally, but he was dejected with the latest call by his leader.“I love Imran Khan as he is an honest politician, but what is the point of organising this entire show if we cannot achieve our objectives,” he said.

Another man Adil Khoro, who belongs to Sindh, feared that the strategy adopted by the PTI chief would fail to pressurise the government as it would not be possible for his followers to launch the civil disobedience.

“Civil disobedience is not an easy task as the people will have to practically cut their ties with every public department, including government schools, colleges, hospitals, banks and all other institutions,” Adil said.

Adil, who came to attend the rally along with his friend Asim Abro, said the move announced by the PTI chief will put more pressure on party workers than the government.He said the party chief should have announced the dissolution of his KP government and resignation from the National Assembly to put the government under real pressure.

Interestingly, some of the local participants of the rally told The News that they were not voters of the PTI but had come to witness the festive environment in the rally on their official holiday.Although, the PTI chief remained at the rally after his speech, the gathering visibly reduced after the “big announcement”.
PTI rally participants dejected by Imran’s call - thenews.com.pk

IK has lost the battle. The sooner we accept it the better.

While it won't hurt him in a long run, it surely is embarrassing for him right now :lol:
You are mistaken, IK disrupted the negotiations between IMF and Ishaq Dar in Dubai with its cleverly timed "Civil Disobedience" card and forced the government to come to negotiations table.

A meeting between a committee representing the government and PTI leadership will take place today soon.

عمران خان کےسول نافرمانی کےاعلان کومستردکرتےہیں،صدر آل کراچی انڈسٹریل الائنس
کراچی:عمران خان کے اعلان پر ٹیکس اور بل دینا بند نہیں کرینگے،چیرمین اپٹما”

BvT9yAxCEAMbcyW.jpg

A BRILLIANT MOVE BY Imran Khan, CAN BRING NAWAZ SHARIF ON HIS KNEES

Imran Khan in his speech on 17th August 2014 called for nationwide civil disobedience in Pakistan and urged his supporters to stop paying taxes and utility bills in order to bring the Government of Nawaz Sharif onto its knees. As soon as Imran Khan announced the civil disobedience movement, analysts and journalists around the country went crazy and termed it as the biggest blunder of Imran's political career.

However, almost all of these intellectuals have failed to see the case that Imran Khan has built for his mass movement. In order to explain the rationale for the movement, one needs to first understand the concept of Odious Debt.

Odious Debt:

In international law, Odious Debt or illegitimate debt is defined as:
National debt incurred by a regime for purposes that do not serve the best interests of the nation. According to International Law, such a debt is not enforceable upon the state and are considered as personal debts of the regime/government that incurred these debts. In some respects, the concept is analogous to the invalidity of contracts signed under coercion.
The concept of Odious Debt was formalized by Alexander Nahum Sack, a Russian Legal Theorist. The basis of Sack's legal formalization were precedents such as the repudiation of Mexican debts incurred by Emperor Maximillian's regime and the denial by the United States of Cuban liability for debts incurred by the Spanish Colonial regime.

According to Sack:
When a despotic/dictatorial regime contracts a debt, not for the needs or in the interests of the state, but rather to strengthen itself, to suppress a popular insurrection, etc, this debt is odious for the people of the entire state. This debt does not bind the nation; it is a debt of the regime, a personal debt contracted by the ruler, and consequently it falls with the demise of the regime. The reason why these odious debts cannot attach to the territory of the state is that they do not fulfil one of the conditions determining the lawfulness of State debts, namely that State debts must be incurred, and the proceeds used, for the needs and in the interests of the State. Odious debts, contracted and utilised for purposes which, to the lenders' knowledge, are contrary to the needs and the interests of the nation, are not binding on the nation – when it succeeds in overthrowing the government that contracted them – unless the debt is within the limits of real advantages that these debts might have afforded. The lenders have committed a hostile act against the people, they cannot expect a nation which has freed itself of a despotic regime to assume these odious debts, which are the personal debts of the ruler.
Ecuador Debt WriteOff in 2008:

In 2008 Rafael Correa, President of the Republic of Ecuador, declared that much of Ecuador's $3.9 billion in foreign debt was illegitimate odious debt that was contracted by corrupt and despotic prior regimes. Ecuador managed to successfully reduce the price of foreign debt letters significantly before it paid off the remaining debt.

Imran Khan's Masterclass Against Nawaz Sharif That The Entire Nation Failed To Understand:

As soon as Imran Khan announced his Civil Disobedience movement the entire opposition and twitterati erupted into a tirade of jokes asking questions such as, how would PTI supporters not pay GST on milk, bread and other groceries. Or that if they wont pay the utility bills the utility services would be disconnected and so on.However, none of these so-called intellectuals were able to understand that what this Civil Disobedience movement is aiming to do is declare Nawaz regime a dictatorial regime and hence render all foreign debts that the regime would contract as unenforceable. As, I have already explained that a debt becomes illegitimate if a) the regime that contracts it is despotic and/or dictatorial and b) it was not spent on the betterment of the nation.

The entire long march is based on the premise that Nawaz Sharif and his party rigged the 2013 General elections and hence the regime is dictatorial and illegitimate. Before announcing the Civil Disobedience movement Imran Khan went into elaborate details of how the Sharif has previously used foreign debt to fill his coffers. What Imran was trying to do here was to establish a case that the foreign debts which this regime would incur would not be spent on the nation but would rather be laundered out of the country to power the business of the Sharif dynasty.

In simpler words Imran has told the entire world and specially the foreign lenders aka (IMF, World Bank and Asian Development Bank) that any loans incurred by the Sharif regime would not be enforceable on the future governments of Pakistan. To make it abundantly clear to our intellectual elite, Imran is telling the foreign lenders that if he ever came to power, he wont pay back the loans that the Sharif regime would borrow. This means that the foreign lenders has only one option left before them and that is to decline all future loans to the Sharif regime. Since, the Sharif regime relies heavily on foreign lending to finance its budget, the move would cripple the government and will bring it down to its knees without any bloodletting on the streets.

I once read a quotation that Brilliance hits a target that no one can hit, Genius hits a target that no one can see.

Imran's masterstroke against Sharif is such an act of genius that the entire nation is unable to see the target that it has hit. All that PTI and its horde of social media jihadi's now need to do is explain this to the entire nation that:

Since, we consider the Sharif regime as illegitimate, all foreign debts that it would incur would be illegitimate odious debt and hence would not be paid by the future Pakistani governments.

RESULTS

IMF team cancels visit to Pakistan

Mehtab HaiderMonday, August 18, 2014

ISLAMABAD: In the wake of the ongoing marches in the federal capital led by PTI and PAT, the IMF has cancelled its visit of Pakistan to conclude the ongoing review talks under the $6.67 billion Extended Fund Facility (EFF), it is learnt.

Come on PTIANS fight back, don't leave your command!
It's war not a, conference of rightiousness!
Winners write,s history!
Lossers end up losted in that!

Back
Top Bottom