What's new

PTI stopping NATO trucks from entering Afghanistan is illegal, declares PHC

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) declared the stopping of trucks from entering Afghanistan by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) workers to be illegal, Express News reported on Tuesday.

The court said that the government should safeguard the right of freedom of movement along with other human rights.

On December 17, a trader had filed a writ petition at PHC challenging the blocking of Nato supply lines by members of PTI, the major coalition party.

The petition was filed by Haji Lal Muhammad through his lawyer Shah Nawaz Khan. Muhammad is a businessman who exports various items, including rice, to Afghanistan.

He had filed the petition under Article 199 of the Constitution of Pakistan.

PTI protests

The protests started on November 23 after the Hangu drone strike at a madrassa on November 21 that had killed six people including members of the Haqqani network and injured at least eight others.

PTI Chairman Imran Khan had stepped up his rhetoric since a drone attack that killed the leader of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan Hakimullah Mehsud on November 1.

Imran had urged the government to halt trucks travelling through Pakistan with supplies for Nato forces in Afghanistan. But the government had shown no appetite for the move, leaving PTI activists to take matters into their own hands.

PTI supporters armed with clubs set up checkpoints on roads in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) and forcibly searched trucks for Nato supplies being an inconvenience for Afghan transit trade as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Protesting and denying access, two very different things my friend.

Protest can lead to blockage, there is no where said that it cannot... grievance should be addressed, not declaring it illegal.

Still better than them fanatic Ganjaz..........

Those fanatical Ganjaz are performing mighty better than the 90 Day Naya Pakistanis ! :coffee:

Those fanatical Ganjaz are saying the right things whereas the same can't be said about those Bearded Buffoons that are in alliance with making Naya Pakistan a reality ! :(

It is because of those fanatical Ganjaz that you've got a Naya Pakistan which is increasingly looking like a Gaya Pakistan in KPK & a Baluch Nationalist Leadership in Baluchistan despite being easily able to tell either to take a hike ! :o:

And its those fanatical Ganjaz who are backing the Army when the Naya Pakistan looks increasingly like Ameer-ul-Momin Maulana Fazlullah's Best Man at the giving away of Pakistan ! o_O

So a little credit where its due ! :crazy:

@Armstrong aur mera eternal panga hai...... I represent Khan, he represents Gangaz! :mad:

I vote for Khan as did my entire family & most in my extended family ! :crazy:

But Khan & the PTI have been a massive.....massive disappointment that lives from Dharna to Dharna - KPK mein 90 days aeiii aur gaiii & I can't see any perceptible difference in my 2-3 visits to Peshawar since last year ! :unsure:

And his ludicrous policy on the War On Terror & the TTP is nauseating !

Never ever say anything bad about Maulana Diesel.... he is a decent soul :whistle:........ now shut your trap and go get your daily dosage of Ganjaz on TV....... have you visited the preps for "largest human flag"....... you better go before he fines you PKR1,500.00.... :mad:

Those fanatical Ganjaz are performing mighty better than the 90 Day Naya Pakistanis ! :coffee:

Those fanatical Ganjaz are saying the right things whereas the same can't be said about those Bearded Buffoons that are in alliance with making Naya Pakistan a reality ! :(

It is because of those fanatical Ganjaz that you've got a Naya Pakistan which is increasingly looking like a Gaya Pakistan in KPK & a Baluch Nationalist Leadership in Baluchistan despite being easily able to tell either to take a hike ! :o:

And its those fanatical Ganjaz who are backing the Army when the Naya Pakistan looks increasingly like Ameer-ul-Momin Maulana Fazlullah's Best Man at the giving away of Pakistan ! o_O

So a little credit where its due ! :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom