What's new

PTI signals conditional return to National Assembly

LOL. This is possibly the first time someone has called me a optimist on PDF, after being called the eternal pessimist for over a decade! :D

Actually, I remain the realist I always have been. IK was never going to be the messiah that his followers still believe. Yes, things are bad, as you describe them, but please give it some time. By the time next elections come around, much of the adjustments needed will have been made in a way that will keep the show on the road. The recent change in government, shocking as it may have been to the majority here, is simply not the end of the world, as some here who have lost their minds, seem to think.
Well every bird changes its feathers once in a while so you are no different Mr Vcheng. I know you are a realist but perhaps there is a misconception of what our relative realities are. You think of elections next year and I see the country descending into chaos much becore this. You talk of necessary adjustment having been made but I cannot see the monetary basis of it. I have a reality of my own and for once I do not see the picture as rosy as you do.
A

Last edited:
Well every bird changes its feathers once in a while so you are no different Mr Vcheng. I know you are a realist but perhaps there is a misconception of what our relative realities are. You think of electikns next year and I see the country descending into chaos. You talk of necessary adjustment having been made but I cannot see the basis of it. I have a reality of my own and for once I do not see the picture as rosy as you do.
A

Fair enough. I am sure we can discuss events as they unfold. Let us first of all see what the current campaign by IK achieves in terms of forcing the announcement of the date of elections, and whether it entails any chaos that cannot be contained. Please note that I said adjustments "WILL have been made", and not "have been made", so of course you cannot see them - yet, but they will become evident by the time the electoral process is well underway.

Fair enough. I am sure we can discuss events as they unfold. Let us first of all see what the current campaign by IK achieves in terms of forcing the announcement of the date of elections, and whether it entails any chaos that cannot be contained. Please note that I said adjustments "WILL have been made", and not "have been made", so of course you cannot see them - yet, but they will become evident by the time the electoral process is well underway.
The problem with IK is that any confrontation will lead to chaos which he does not want. This is the very essence of the difference between him and the other leaders. Like you I think his jalsas will not have much of an effect on forcing the PMLN into elections. Coalitions in Pakistan as elsewhere are fickle so a breakoff might topple the government. Elections are not going to favour PMLN so they wont go into them willingly. Beyond this I cant see much of a future for this bunch of crooks. But happy to wait and watch how this plays out.
A

The problem with IK is that any confrontation will lead to chaos which he does not want. This is the very essence of the difference between him and the other leaders. Like you I think his jalsas will not have much of an effect on forcing the PMLN into elections. Coalitions in Pakistan as elsewhere are fickle so a breakoff might topple the government. Elections are not going to favour PMLN so they wont go into them willingly. Beyond this I cant see much of a future for this bunch of crooks. But happy to wait and watch how this plays out.
A

Agreed. For now, I am content in waiting to see when and how the next elections unfold. That will determine the next steps for all parties concerned.

Back
Top Bottom