What's new

PTI | Imran Khan's Political Desk.

Yeh kia muamla hai k apko PML N ,Q ,PPP se hi loag mil rhe hain ??? kisi aam pakistani k liye ab PTI main kia hai ???????

as far as I am able to understand, what PTI has thus far achieved is shaking the status quo, and awakening of the sleeping majority.

the process to find new power houses, shall be once educational system is turned around and reaches everybody. for now greece the old bolts and get them to deliver with clean and visionary top leadership with IK as its head, like Malaysia did.

I was used to be the biggest supporter of Musharaf , I always thought he was a good man who met unfortunate circumstances ,
I supported him even when Lawyers moments was on peak.
I supported him when he put a ban on media
I supported Lal Masjid Operation.

However , once he ran of from the country he became nothing different from the Corrupt politicians , Same Game with a different Name .

Sorry General Sahib , You had your Chance & you wasted it .

Sir,

I would say the same things that you mentioned---but would refrain from condemning him like you did in the end----that was the part of the deal that was made that he would go out of the country so as to give free hand to ppp and Nawaz---.

Going out of the country was not intentional---.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

A few facts, please point out if even one of these points isn't true:

1 - Musharraf, when the Americans requested, did the NRO and "forgave" murder and corruption cases, allowing these sociopaths to return. Before Musharraf did that, Zardari & co could not even travel to Pakistan, as he would have been taken straight to jail because of pending murder cases against him. Court cases had progressed so far that Zardari was desperately claiming he was a mental patient, to save himself from the Swiss court proceedings. Musharraf did this NRO, which was inexcusable, and ran away after letting these people come in.

2 - "Missing people". Whenever the US needed to parade people around to show how they were successfully capturing "terrorists" in this "War on Terror", Musharraf supplied them. Average Pakistanis, people like Dr. Aafia Siddiqi who was kidnapped along with her three little children. Musharraf even admitted to this in his book, saying that Pakistan got money "giving"(selling) these people to the US to fill up Guantanamo.

3 - Cowardly deals with the US. It was recently reported that the Pakistanis were considering charging the US for all these supplies they moved through Pakistan. Somehow, this question "never came up" for nearly ten years while the US wrecked our national highway and moved all these supplies without paying a penny. It was shameful to sell Pakistan like this, not only lying down in front of them on the supply transit, but also on the "drone attacks" killing Pakistani men, women, and children in the north, blackmailing and humiliating Pakistan as a terrorist state internationally and plotting to sabotage our nukes(they built quiet a case against us in their media - that these nukes were on the verge of falling into Muslim terrorist hands and that the world should relieve us of these to maintain peace), and all the while the US did this to us, Musharraf bent backwards doing everything he could to please his US masters.

The people at the top rightnow have damaged Pakistan tremendously, and they are to blame for that. And Musharraf bares the blame for enabling these corrupt murderers to return and plunder some more.

Sir,

Aafia Siddiqi was no innocent woman----you may have other reasons---but she should not be the one.

Shafqat-Cheema switch hints at PTI recast
Zulqernain Tahir | Metropolitan > Lahore | From the Newspaper
(6 hours ago) TodayLAHORE, Dec 13:

Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf chairman Imran Khan on Tuesday replaced the party’s central information secretary Omar Sarfraz Cheema with new entrant former senator Shafqat Mahmood — in a move that could turn out to be prelude to a recasting of the PTI. Mr Khan later explained all party offices were “temporary” and “there has been no controversy or heartburning over the replacement of Mr Cheema.”

The party’s new central information secretary, Mr. Shafqat Mehmood, had joined the PTI recently. He worked as a minister in the caretaker government of Miraj Khalid and is a former civil servant and a well known columnist.

Mr Mahmood’s appointment came on a day when PTI snatched an important Lahore-based politician, Karamat Khokhar, from the PPP. Khokhar was one of the highest vote getters on a PPP ticket in Lahore in the 2008 election and is an uncle of Zaheer Abbas Khokhar, the winner of an NA seat from Lahore in 2002 who later joined the Patriots faction of the PPP. Mr Zaheer Abbas had joined the PTI some time ago and had taken on a PML-N candidate in a Punjab Assembly by-election.

Some PTI office holders Dawn talked to explained the change from Mr Cheema to Mr Mahmood as a proof of the party’s best-man-for-job policy. Some others with affiliation to the PTI said while they had some reservations, the changes were necessary to fulfil the needs of an expanding and ambitious political entity.

Mr Omar Cheema, who held the office of the information secretary of the PTI for three years or so, bowed to the party chairman’s decision without protest. “I accept the party’s decision. I will remain a PTI worker and will work wholeheartedly for strengthening the party,” he told Dawn by telephone.

A law graduate, Mr Cheema has been associated with the PTI since 1996. He also remained the personal staff officer to Mr Khan for about two years and sits on the party’s central executive committee. In the case of a party that has expanded in leaps and bounds in recent weeks, the switch to a more well-known Shafqat Mahmood was inevitably seen as an indicator of a major reshuffle.

A senior party member told Dawn that since Mr Khan is now attracting many prominent politicians to his cause, some other PTI office-bearers may also give way to their more celebrated replacements soon. He went on to identify PTI secretary-general Arif Alavi as the next possible victim of the new policy that aims to confirm the PTI’s credentials as a mainstream party with plenty of famous names on its side.

“Marvi Memon has been promised the secretary-general’s slot and the announcement to this effect may come during the Dec 25 public rally in Karachi,” the PTI member said. “In time all the important positions in the party would go to important people.” The not-too-pleased PTI member who didn’t want to be named is not the only one who has been frustrated by Mr Khan’s acceptance of old horses into the PTI and the pomp and ceremony with which they have been welcomed. There is evidence that tension within the ranks is rising and only on Monday the old workers of the PTI clashed with the supporters of KPK minister Pervez Khattak in Islamabad hours before Mr Khattak was scheduled to declare his allegiance to Mr Imran Khan.

“Why should the PTI be lavishing important party posts on new entrants even if they happen to carry the heavyweight tags?

They should be welcomed in the party without any such promise,” a PTI office-bearer in Lahore said. “The old office-bearers are naturally disappointed. They invested so much of their time and energy to strengthen the party and now when the party is popular political heavyweights have dropped in to lay a claim on the cherry.”
Shafqat-Cheema switch hints at PTI recast | Provinces | DAWN.COM

Kudos to IK for converting PTI in to PMLQ/PPP/PMLN/ANP in a very short span of time after 30/10..!!

as far as I am able to understand, what PTI has thus far achieved is shaking the status quo, and awakening of the sleeping majority.

the process to find new power houses, shall be once educational system is turned around and reaches everybody. for now greece the old bolts and get them to deliver with clean and visionary top leadership with IK as its head, like Malaysia did.

Khuaaab suhaaaney :)

for now greece the old bolts and get them to deliver with clean and visionary top leadership with IK as its head, like Malaysia did.

Wrong...IK is bringing new faces in his party and soon "old bolts" like you will be replaced with new one i.e. Shafqat Mehmood>Omar Sarfraz Cheema...!! Be Ready to vacate your seat for the new comer...!! Its time to Ctrl+Alt+Del..!!

This was the whole mission of establishment,Well it's far for reality An't easy as it use to be!!!!!!!!

rumours on twitter that he is thinking to land in Karachi, and join MQM.

He's going to address a gathering on the 30th Dec about 'Sub Say Pehlay Pakistan' using a £5 calling card from the UK - just like Altaf Hussein.

Musharraf you were admired by the people of Pakistan, but unfortunately you screwed up in the last years of your governance - and you've become another 'Chala Hua Kartoos'. Good luck to you.

PTI does not need the NARCISSISTIC Mor_ _ s like Musharraf. It is time for Mush to hang his political hat for good.

For me its right decision......Right man for the Right job........Shafqat Mehmood is far more credible and competent then Omer Cheema.....he can serve the party better from that position as he is far more accepted and accomplished figure in the media circles....Another aspect of meritocracy in this decision is that Shafqat Mehmood is not a professional or veteran politician either..... who pose an image of an unbeatable electable!

On the other hand one definitely feels for Omer.....but winning the match through right players is more important then playing a match through amature friendly lot...... Its also exhibits the character of Mr. Cheema and the core team....... who wholeheartedly accepts the party decisions and are loyal to their cause and not some position.....If that's the spirit.....then success surely wont be far off!

Adios!

Failed man? excuse me, us ka zamanay may yea loot mar nahi hoti tha jo ab ho raha hai.

Hahaha. Joke.

So can you tell us where the 10$ billion US Aid money has gone? Why did load shedding start during the end of his regime, railway engines gone bad? Why was Shahbaz Base and Shamsi base sold? How did Chak Shahzad palace came into existence? Why is he still getting 300,000$ per lecture in the US where his son is a US national?

Come on. you can come up with a better one..

And I dont think IK is stupid enough to merge with Mushy.. that would be the end of IK and his credibility.

And I dont think IK is stupid enough to merge with Mushy.. that would be the end of IK and his credibility.

He said it in the very beginning that alliance with Musharraf is only possible if he comes to Pakistan and appear against the court for the crimes he has incurred during his governance.

BTW, honestly speaking, why we people have this tendency of wasting our time on tried and tested people. Musharraf is a history, get on with your lives and bring in new enthusiastic people.

Yup. That's sums it up: Why would IK need a thoroughly discredited Musharraf? Especially now when IK's star is rising? What does Musharraf offer in return? Musharraf's best chance was soft-coup where the military would engineer yet another 'democratic' setup but that's not happening.
It is best Musharraf stays out of Pakistan--for his own PHYSICAL SAFETY.
BTW, I don't call Musharraf a 'traitor' or even financially corrupt. Far, far from it. But Musharraf was a dictator who ran Pakistan like a bank: Do 'clean business' and all will be fine. He, like all previous dictators, forgot that running a county is not like running a bank. To run a country you need POLITICS. You need to be nuanced. You need to accommodate much of conflicting push and pulls to formulate complex policies.
If only it required 'clean hands' to run a complex country like Pakistan then Abdul Sattar Edhi would have been the best.

Anyway, Mr. Musharraf: Please don't ever go back to Pakistan. You have not even a 5% chance to be the next leader and probably over 90% chance of either being killed or jailed within your first 30 days inside Pakistan.

Another reason of this switch may be some mistakes Cheema made in the Live-TV shows recently. He appeared out of depth and at a time when others are trying to target PTI, it is better to have an experienced and wise head at the post.

Yaa..more credible and competent should be the answer now as he got the job already no matter what PTI follower think about it anywas…so its better to toe the party line here….but the one would ask what are the charges against him in the first place, where he shows incompetence and lacks credibilty in all those previous years?? Suddenly the Axe falls and the person is history.....than fundamental question is does a person who already serves in various govts., be more loyal to PTI and its ideals compares to the old folk who builds it from scratch??

Parties needs this loyalty in crunching times where huge ones like PPP, PMLN divided in pieces by one way or another in seconds.

Matches could be wined by priced players but not the tournaments…!!

Back
Top Bottom