What's new

PTI | Imran Khan's Political Desk.

BbyxOPGIgAAk2Vt.jpg:large

Is that true

Govt refuses PTI’s magic mile show
ZULQERNAIN TAHIR

Published 2013-12-18 07:57:24
LAHORE: Citing security reasons, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz government on Tuesday rejected the request of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf to hold its Dec 22 rally against economic ills on The Mall.

It has offered an alternate venue -- Nasser Bagh -- to the PTI for its ‘show’.

The PTI, on the other hand, has expressed its resolve to rally on The Mall come what may.“We have rejected the request of the PTI to hold a rally on The Mall because of security concerns. The law-enforcement agencies have told the government that it is not advisable for the PTI to hold a rally on The Mall as it may endanger the lives of its participants,” District Coordination Officer (Lahore) Dr Ahmed Javed Qazi told Dawn.

“The City District Government of Lahore (CDGL) has offered the PTI to hold the rally within the boundary walls of Nasser Bagh as the police will secure this place,” he said.

Asked whether imposition of the section 144 on The Mall was the reason to reject the PTI request, Dr Qazi said: “There has been no imposition of section 144 on The Mall as such. However, the government only allows those protest demonstrations, which are not vulnerable to threats.”

Earlier, the Lahore High Court had ordered the government to ensure uninterrupted business activities on The Mall during protest demonstrations. The government often allows some groups especially politico-religious entities to hold rallies there. None other than Law Minister Rana Sanaullah and other PML-N legislators had violated the ban on section 144 last year by taking out a rally on The Mall.

Rejection of the PTI request seems to have come in the backdrop of concerns expressed by Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali that Imran Khan’s party is building up momentum for midterm polls.

Federal Information and Broadcasting Minister Pervaiz Rashid had already expressed the government’s ‘uneasiness’ with regard to the PTI’s rally, suggesting it should rather hold its rally at a ‘bigger’ venue like Minar-i-Pakistan. “The PTI should better hold its rally on the spacious lawns of Minar-i-Pakistan to prove that it is still sustaining its popularity,” he said.

But the PTI says it does not want to fulfill the wish of Pervaiz Rashid as it had held the biggest ever rallies there in the past.

Opposition Leader in Punjab Assembly Mahmoodur Rasheed told Dawn that no other venue, except The Mall, was acceptable to his party. “We will go ahead with our protest plan come what may,” he said.

The PTI activists, he said, were not afraid of arrests and would reach The Mall on Sunday (Dec 22) and register their protest against price-hike.” He said there was hardly any business activity on The Mall on Sunday therefore the government had no justification to deny permission.

“Holding rallies and demonstrations against the government’s policies is a constitutional and democratic right of every citizen and the government cannot deny it,” he said, and warned if the government used force to stop the PTI rally, it would be responsible for any untoward incident.

Govt refuses PTI’s magic mile show - DAWN.COM

Anda di asi de tasi !

when we roll, govts fall !!

And where does he talks about breaking Pakistan like East Pakistan? Shame on Express News for twisting words and spreading lies.

Stop posting these random tweets from random people, we have all sort of tweets available out there so if we'll start posting gazillion of tweets against MQM daily then you'll have worse nightmares every other nights. Share something constructive or at least post valuable criticism. These cocky tweets won't serve anything.

Just because those 2 alleged contract killers happen to belong to KPK makes it related to PTI? C'mon spare us from this crap. KPK has estimated population of around 22,000,000 individuals, not everyone is PTI official or representative.

Last edited:
And where does he talks about breaking Pakistan like East Pakistan? Shame on Express News for twisting words and spreading lies.
Line 3,4,5 I hope you can read and understand urdu proficiently....

yeah saw saad rigger crying...
he is from my halqa ..on voting day i visited three polling satations ... let the results come ..but i am just worried about one thing ..pmln may have used ordinary ink on stocked votes ..so they may fall in unverifiable votes category

he is from my halqa ..on voting day i visited three polling satations ... let the results come ..but i am just worried about one thing ..pmln may have used ordinary ink on stocked votes ..so they may fall in unverifiable votes category

yes but it will still make our point clear, the election is discredited, pmln got it through rigging !

Line 3,4,5 I hope you can read and understand urdu proficiently....

lol, let me help you with what is written on line 3,4,5:

"Due to unjust actions of Federal govt in past 60 years, we have faced Fall of Dhaka and if situation remains the same and govt will not learn a lesson then things will become worse in future."

Where is the threat to break Pakistan, KPK more specifically? Have you read how morons in Express News published same story yesterday??

yes but it will still make our point clear, the election is discredited, pmln got it through rigging !
well l;ets see ... shiekh ul islam Dr tahir ul qadari saab :P b wapis ay rahayin hain ... pehlay PP ka jeena haram kya tha ab pmln ka karyain gay

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom