What's new

PTI eyeing to replace Opp Leader

Patriots

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) sounds optimistic that it would soon secure support of PML-Q and MQM to replace Syed Khursheed Shah as Leader of Opposition in the National Assembly.
According to party sources, negotiations with PML-Q were at a final stage while contacts with MQM would be established during the forthcoming National Assembly session.
The sources said that PTI senior leader Assad Ummer has been assigned the tasks to cultivate the MQM, while talks with PML-Q are already underway.
The move comes apparently after PTI was annoyed with Khursheed for not taking its leadership on board on the issue of appointment of NAB chairman.
Other parties, including the Awami Muslim League (AML) and the Jamaat-e-Islami (JI), have pledged their support to PTI in this regard. AML chief Sheikh Rashid said that Khursheed Shah has failed to deliver, and that he is siding with the government on important issues. “I’ll not only support PTI’s move but also convince other colleagues to vote for changing the incumbent opposition leader in the National Assembly,” said Rashid.
Prof. Ibrahim of JI also pledged to support PTI, saying his party will also convince his party members to vote for PTI in the National Assembly. “We will support PTI at all forums of politics,” he said.
Clause 39-A of Chapter Five of Rules of Procedure of National Assembly reads: “A notice signed by a majority of the members of the opposition may be given to the Secretary showing that the leader of the opposition has lost the support of the majority of the members of the opposition. Such notice shall be accompanied by the nomination of a proposed new leader of the opposition signed by a majority of the members of the opposition.”
Khursheed Shah who belongs to PPPP was notified as Leader of Opposition in National Assembly after it emerged as largest opposition party in the House, but his position is now being challenged by PTI has gained more seats in the recent bye-elections.
PPP with 45 seats enjoys the support of PML-Q (2 seats) and Awami National Party (2 seats), making a total of 49.
PTI has 35 seats and is aligned with JI (4 seats), AML (1 seat), Qaumi Watan Party (Sherpao) (1 seat), Awami Jamhuri Ittehad Pakistan (1 seat), All Pakistan Muslim League (1 seat) and two independent seats, Jamshed Dasti from Muzaffargarh and Zain Elahi from Attock - making a total of 45.
PTI needs 50 seats to gain a majority of opposition seats in the NA. For this, PTI is hopeful of winning the support of four independent seats from the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) to equal PPP’s count.
“We will persuade MQM which enjoys 24 seats in National Assembly. If we succeed in wooing the MQM, there will be a real tough opposition in the National Assembly,” a senior PTI leader told The Nation on Friday.

PTI eyeing to replace Opp Leader

Who is King – Makers :lol::lol::lol:

Sheikh Rasheed contacts to Baber Ghauri to extend his support for candidature as opposition leader ........

Sheikh Rasheed contacts to Baber Ghauri to extend his support for candidature as opposition leader ........

so finally PTI is playing dirty and making sheda taali(i don't know what the heck it means) the opposition leader

wasn't immy bhai saying that god never make him plitician like SR?

anyways PTI can do what ever but MQM will never vote snake SR or dumb immy bhai

MQM should never get allied or provide any support to TTP terrorist sympathizers

MQM should never get allied or provide any support to TTP terrorist sympathizers
@W.11
Don't worry..... MQM is king of U turn......:laughcry:
You people even voted for PMLN candidate for presidential election.... You licked the foot of every Ruling party....
Even few months ago MQM died hard supporters were making rant, MQM can't vote for PMLN..... blah Blah...................... phir b PMLN k candidate ko vote dy aay...:omghaha: :omghaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
so finally PTI is playing dirty and making sheda taali(i don't know what the heck it means) the opposition leader

I don't agree ... MQM must support to SR rather than PPP ... Infact snake is PPP if MQM will support to them for OP leader then they must bite back to MQM ..........

@W.11
Don't worry..... MQM is king of U turn......:laughcry:
You people even voted for PMLN candidate for presidential election.... You licked the foot of every Ruling party....
Even few months ago MQM died hard supporters were making rant, MQM can't vote for PMLN..... blah Blah...................... phir b PMLN k candidate ko vote dy aay...:omghaha: :omghaha:

yes they came to 90, will imran :omghaha:

Fast questions, may be a slip of tongue.... Even he went there, Aim was to stop terrorism..
Lol, whole video is cut...
If i show you full videos of Nawaz sharif , his fake promises , attack on supreme court, Reception on Nine zero....you will pee in your pants.... Trust me :lol:

Fast questions, may be a slip of tongue.... Even he went there, Aim was to stop terrorism..
Lol, whole video is cut...
If i show you full videos of Nawaz sharif , his fake promises , attack on supreme court, Reception on Nine zero....Believe me, you will pee in your pants....:lol:

388389_10151320949571373_261973051_n.jpg

Fake or twisted story.... Where is speech when he said "Altaf hussain is patriot"..... Imran already denied this statement about altaf in above video posted by Cb4.
Another failed attempt :omghaha:

yes everything is fake, there is no cure of ignorance

Though its very hard to assume that MQM will support PTI backed candidate for opposition leader but I still believe if it SR as candidate then he may get MQM support cause he never spoke bad about MQM therefore I don't consider MQM support for SR an impossible preposition and probably thats why Mr Khan is not the candidate. I don't see Mr Shah any different than Moulana Diesel as opposition leader in pre PPP government assembly since PPP is hand in glove with government (at least I assume so). If SR will be leader of opposition we will possibly see some life in NA and PML(N) will not feel comfortable so an opportunity for MQM to get a better deal anyway either by supporting or not supporting.

Back
Top Bottom