What's new

PSLV C22 blasts off with IRNSS-1A

I wont throw a party yet... :D
The satellite is still on its way to intended orbit...
Isnt it a geo stationary? That means its actual orbit is at 35,000 Km..
But rockets launch it at a much lower orbit..
Then using earth's gravity and onboard rocket motors its manoevered into geostationary orbit..
This operation taked some days and the satellite will consume half of the liquid fuel in its fuel tanks..
The process does involve some riskd...

Mission will be accomplished when ISRO declared the satellite ....settled in geostationary orbit and only then it will start working...

_deleted_ (pl. see http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/261615-pslv-c22-blasts-off-irnss-1a-6.html#post4475525)

Hey whats with this MAP. Is that a map of India??

you no need bother about this map. kashmir is part of india,but some *** had mentioned half region of kashmir in different color :cuckoo:. The primary thing you need to consider that new satellite will cover more range in the entire south-west asia and south-east asia. :cheers: :victory:

indian-regional-navigational-satellite-system-irnss.jpg

IRNSS-working.jpg

Inside_IRNSS_1499475a.jpg

image_gallery

Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System is India’s own regional navigation satellite system to provide accurate real-time positioning & timing services over India and region extending to 1500 Km around India. It offers two services Standard Positioning Service (SPS) and Restricted Service (RS) with encryption. The fully deployed IRNSS system consist of 3 satellites in GEO orbit and 4 satellites in GSO orbit, approximately 36,000 km altitude above earth surface. Each satellite is configured around I1K bus and is continuously monitored & maintained by ground segment.

Each satellite has two payloads viz. Navigation payload and CDMA Ranging payload in addition with retro-reflector. The payload generates navigation signals at L5 and S-band. The design of the payload makes the IRNSS system inter-operable and compatible with GPS and Galileo.

Type/Applications: Navigation

Orbit Location: 55°E Geo

Mission Life: 12 Years

Equipments: L5 & S-band Navigation payload

C-band Ranging Payload

Frequency:

C-band: U/L: 6700 – 6725 MHz (RHCP) D/L: 3400 – 3425 MHz (LHCP)

L5-band: D/L: 1176.45 MHz (BW-24 MHz) (RHCP)

S-band: D/L: 2492.028 MHz (BW-16.5 MHz) (RHCP)

Coverage: Primary service area around Indian mainland

PSLV can't put satellites in Geo stationary orbits, that job is left for more powerful GSLV. PSLV however is one of the most reliable systems, ISRO's Workhorse.

PSLV also put satellites in Geo stationary orbits but it takes less payload compared to GSLV . CV Version is upgraded version of PSLV who can put Geo satellites on geo stationary orbit but it is less economical then GSLV because heavy satellites is more economical than light satelights for geo stationary orbits .

The C22 mission outline began with the ignition of the first stage. Half a second later, the first pair of boosters also ignited, with the second pair igniting two tenths of a second after that. The PSLV lifted off from its launch pad and began its climb towards orbit. Twenty five seconds into the flight, the third pair of strapon boosters ignited.

The strapon motors have a burn time of around 69.5 seconds, so seventy seconds after launch the first pair were jettisoned. The second pair followed suit a tenth of a second later. A minute and 32 seconds after liftoff, the air-lit solids also separated.

Why is the PSLV launch sequence so complicated ?

PSLV can't put satellites in Geo stationary orbits, that job is left for more powerful GSLV. PSLV however is one of the most reliable systems, ISRO's Workhorse.

Based on payload weight, PSLV can put satellites either in GTO or GSO. PSLV C22 put the 1554kg satellite into precise GTO. The satellite will then be raised to GeoSynchronous Orbit using its onboard thrusters and fuel..

Its complicated because its 'Rocket Science'

Just asking, I am not a rocket scientist. Other rocket boasters are ignited and jettison together. India also should have attached a video on the rocket to record the separation of each stage. There was nothing much to see in the launch.

PSLV C22 is India’s second orbital launch this year, following February’s successful deployment of the SARAL satellite and several secondary payloads. India’s next scheduled launch is expected to occur in the first week of August, when the GSLV Mk.II will fly its second demonstration mission. This will be the first GSLV launch since two back-to-back failures in 2010.

The next PSLV launch is scheduled for October with the Mangalyaan spacecraft bound for Mars.

Wow that is 4 launches in one year. India usually launches only 2 rockets a year. Are they sure about it ?

PSLV also put satellites in Geo stationary orbits but it takes less payload compared to GSLV . CV Version is upgraded version of PSLV who can put Geo satellites on geo stationary orbit but it is less economical then GSLV because heavy satellites is more economical than light satelights for geo stationary orbits .

GSLV has a very high failure rate..PSLV has been more reliable and successful.

I think PSLV muct have injected the satellite at altitude of 200KM odd,in a highly eliptical orbit..
Then onboard motors will be used for the final Geo stationary orbit..

6543723-0-large.jpg

I think PSLV muct have injected the satellite at altitude of 200KM odd,in a highly eliptical orbit..

There are total 7 GSLV launches with 2 complete successes and 1 partial success. GSLV is still in developmental phase. Every failure is a lesson in the learning process, before we perfect the technology.

Total launches: 7 (6 Mk.I, 1 Mk.II)
Successes: 2 (Mk.I)
Failures: 4 (3 Mk.I, 1 Mk.II)
Partial failures: 1 (Mk.I)

Comparing GSLV & PSLV is like comparing apple & orange . GSLV is thousand time more complicated then PSLV . GSLV is in development stage. ISRO is developing GSLV MKIII which is totaly new vehicle unlike his name & it is game changer for ISRO

:yahoo::yahoo: congrats ISRO...you do a great service to the nation...keep em coming and let our detractors burn
58hzg.gif

CONGRATS BJP FOR ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL SPACE PROJECTS. (Of course congrats scientists for so ably delivering us another project!) :D

Back
Top Bottom