What's new

protest in NY against indian diplomat

guys .. this is going offtopic slowly...
Issue is did Indian authority overreacted to the incident, and could they handle it differently?
I think yes they could have done it better but its upto americans to take the next step.
They might recall some embassy staff or reduce engagement.
Not too bad for an election bound govt. A freeze on the relation which was going nowhere since bush jr left office.

And that is the worst that can happen. New admin will take charge in 2014 in delhi, things can improve then, or we can wait for obama to go.

guys .. this is going offtopic slowly...
Issue is did Indian authority overreacted to the incident, and could they handle it differently?
I think yes they could have done it better but its upto americans to take the next step.
They might recall some embassy staff or reduce engagement.
Not too bad for an election bound govt. A freeze on the relation which was going nowhere since bush jr left office.

And that is the worst that can happen. New admin will take charge in 2014 in delhi, things can improve then, or we can wait for obama to go.

I don't believe India has over-reacted. This is just a reaction to America's over-reaction over the allegations of civil offence against Khobragade. It's not like we are treating the American diplomats badly like they did with ours, we are just taking away their special privileges we has given them to put them on par with other diplomats in this country. I think the response has been very measured. Just that the American ego is a little hurt.

I don't believe India has over-reacted. This is just a reaction to America's over-reaction over the allegations of civil offence against Khobragade. It's not like we are treating the American diplomats badly like they did with ours, we are just taking away their special privileges we has given them to put them on par with other diplomats in this country. I think the response has been very measured. Just that the American ego is a little hurt.
I still cant digest the barricade being removed. I much prefer tit for tat action on a random american diplomat(pretty sure there are a few who break Indian law) than potentially putting whole embassy in danger.

I still cant digest the barricade being removed. I much prefer tit for tat action on a random american diplomat(pretty sure there are a few who break Indian law) than potentially putting whole embassy in danger.

Removing the barricades don't put the embassy in danger. They were extra protective measures not the standard.

@hinduguy, the whole point was, there wont be no special privilege for US in India.. The stripping of identity card and barricade removal was pointing to that.. They are going to be treated as any other diplomats who are residing in our country.. As for terrorists attack, its not only US who is a victim of terrorism.. So many countries were victims of terrorism and Indian government is pledged for the security of the diplomats.. The question raised by India is simple.. Why should we give special privileges to a country who cannot even respect the diplomats of our's.. Its a two way street mate..

Yeah and that's why most of the population in your jails happens to be black. Please the police and governmental treatment of blacks in America is well documented. You can evade it as much as you want but the rest of the world knows it. Thanks globalisation for it.

As for Indians and blacks moving to America , you are generalising that everybody wants to move there. Shows your intellectual capability and racist tendency. Let's end it right there.

Sorry none of these one liners are going to cut it.

I didn't post any one-liners. You should learn what the words you use mean before using them.

Most of the jail population is Black because they commit most crimes. Period. That's it. If you're going to commit 10x as many crimes as Whites, you should have 10x the per capita prison population.

American strip search is nothing. In India,
She would have been rape searched. All Americans should boycott those 3 to 4
Indian products in the US.

American strip search is nothing. In India,
She would have been rape searched. All Americans should boycott those 3 to 4
Indian products in the US.

I am surprised that you know what rape is, given that you legitimize it in your mother china. legitimacy perhaps because of the shame of Nanking...

I am surprised that you know what rape is, given that you legitimize it in your mother china. legitimacy perhaps because of the shame of Nanking...

Ahahahaha. Weak. Clean up in Aisle 3 Sanjay.

US fully plans to ignore these Indian morons. Everybody knows India is the gang rape capitol of the world. Nobody cares about your hypocrisy and championship for the dignity of women when you'll just rape her back home.

Ahahahaha. Weak. Clean up in Aisle 3 Sanjay.

US fully plans to ignore these Indian morons. Everybody knows India is the gang rape capitol of the world. Nobody cares about your hypocrisy and championship for the dignity of women when you'll just rape her back home.

Aww come Dum Ghai, everybody knows that China makes laws to legitimize rape so that it does not stop your no1 export to the world - massage parlors.

Jay.. I can understand why some are upset by this. Why do you think I waited so long to comment, because I wanted to absorb as much facts about it as I could. Thats why I said I was trying to understand the other side of this. You don't see me making belligerent nationalist over the top posts about it like some though. I could just as easily get into pissing matches with some of these huffers & puffers, but what good would that accomplish? That's not why I come to this forum. it's good you're trying to keep an even keel over all this, as am I.

More pragmatic than nationalism, high value individuals with access to state secrets will not be allowed into your system. If she is prosecuted and jailed, I can give you a guarantee that 6 months down the line she'll get reduced sentence in exchange for information. That, obviously, will be pushed back by GOI.

Back
Top Bottom