What's new

protest in NY against indian diplomat

Something was lost in translation obviously.
Nobody was denying the existence of slavery in the US.

then what do you want to prove by posting SATI.. There is no more sati practice in india anymore.
people like you only want o troll nothing more.

then what do you want to prove by posting SATI.. There is no more sati practice in india anymore.
people like you only want o troll nothing more.

Oh brother...you understand that you're practically accusing me for your failure of understanding a simple discussion ?:lol:

Oh brother...you understand that you're practically accusing me for your failure of understanding a simple discussion ?:lol:

I am not.
Sati was a practice which is Obsolete in india now. So what the usefulness of it in this thread.
U are just derailing the thread with ur BS.:pop:

Indeed! You won't see Americans burning Indian flags and stoning Indian businesses here. I expected this kind of behavior from other countries, not 'civilized' India. Up until now, I've been mostly silent on this issue. Preferring to be logical and rational about it. Attempting to try and take a step back & understand the other side and not act like a typical hyper-nationalist with knee jerk reactions.

Extremely disappointed in some of the belligerent comments here from some Indians. I honestly expected better...

Where did you see us burning flags?

I am not.
Sati was a practice which is Obsolete in india now. So what the usefulness of it in this thread.
U are just derailing the thread with ur BS.:pop:

:lol: Ok,read the post i've quoted and understand the context in wich i've wrote that post.

Indeed! You won't see Americans burning Indian flags and stoning Indian businesses here. I expected this kind of behavior from other countries, not 'civilized' India. Up until now, I've been mostly silent on this issue. Preferring to be logical and rational about it. Attempting to try and take a step back & understand the other side and not act like a typical hyper-nationalist with knee jerk reactions.

Extremely disappointed in some of the belligerent comments here from some Indians. I honestly expected better...

Kal, the comments are based on cultural aspect of the "strip search" upon a woman... it is knee jerk, but that is where it a coming from. This lady committed fraud no doubt about it...but to be strip searched is the bane of the issue. Should we have exercised the option afforded to many citizens of ROR when arrested ... this issue would not been so enflamed.

here is what I posted earlier

1. What it boils down to is that the women committed an unlawful act- Can't find anyone who disagrees she did not do so. Just how the outcome was handed.

2. She was indeed given a lot of leeway in the arrest process, she was not handcuffed on the scene, she was allowed 2 hrs of using her cellphone at the scene of arrest- something that is not allowed for any american citizen or anyone in the US

3. She did not have full diplomatic immunity. this was further confirmed by India's move to designate her AFTER the arrest as a Consular under the ' group' that now gets near complete immunity

4. She did lie on her application and have the maid attest to getting $4500 a month in wages. Which again I did not see anyone dispute.

The dispute I have been reading from Indians / India is the wage she got + room + meals is a lot per indian standards. But that is a moot point and does not make the written and signed to wages legal.

5. The issue Indians are having is with is the strip search. This I figure is due to cultural norms of how they treat own ' female' criminals in India. But again I am not sure if they in India do not follow the same safety features. It is done in the US, both for protecting the guards and for protecting the defendant. ( imagine if she had hung her self because they missed some article of clothing?)

6. I don't get why the maid is not the issue frankly... it is ridiculous to pay her circa $3 / hour even if she gets room and abording. This against labor laws here.

On the american side- the screw up was : again I think it all boils down to the " strip search" part...had she been arrested,booked and released - this would not have been such a big issue.

Within our laws there is a right to release the person on own recognizance (ROR), also known as an own recognizance (OR) or personal recognizance (PR), is a written promise signed by the defendant promising that they will show up for future court appearances and not engage in illegal activity while out on an ROR.

This means, after booking without necessarily " housing them in a jail unit" i.e. person arrested is in a cell but never goes to through the process of having to change into prison clothes thus avoiding any need for a strip search.

However that is up to the discretion of the arresting officers/ jail unit they take the person to.

Last edited:
When was the last slave held legally by a White man? 150 years ago.

When was the last slave held by an Indian? Right now

Blacks are still slaves of whites in America. Yeah I know you have a black president but let's cut the crap , the government is overwhelmingly white. Everybody knows the police treatment of blacks in America.

Also, us Indians are not known to be the people who wiped out an entire race of people just in the greed of some land unlike ... .

America should be the last country to preach human rights to anybody.

Blacks are still slaves of whites in America. Yeah I know you have a white president but let's cut the crap , the government is overwhelmingly white. Everybody knows the police treatment of blacks in America.

Also, us Indians are not knows to be the people who wiped out an entire race of people just in the greed of some land unlike ... .

America should be the last country to preach human rights to anybody.

This is the most retarded thing I have ever read.

@KAL-EL, you should understand our position too.. We are not supporting her.. We are supporting the post she holds.. Whatever she had done, she is a diplomat representing our country.. Her position holds some weight. We are protesting the manner in which she was arrested and treated.. Do you think US wont react like this when one of your diplomat get arrested here in India.. Apart from that, DA's office issuing statements against Indian legal system which was not at all appreciated and evacuating a person who was under trial in India.. What possible explanation can you give for this kind of action.. Or do you think rule and laws are only happening in US?

Americans should realise, the problem is not so much with the arrest and prosecution as it is with the strip search and alleged cavity search and being put in jail with common criminals.

Consular immunity and the nature of offence which is purely civil should have prevented this kind of treatment. Indians are taking this as symbolic of how the common American thinks of Indians no matter what the government may talk of us.

America does not value it's relations with India. Plain and simple . I am saying this not because of the arrest and prosecution but the way the woman diplomat was handled.She is representative of the country for god's sake.

If this is 'standard procedure' in America even for an alleged civil offence , then that would be very sad for a so called free and developed country.

Back
Top Bottom