What's new

Proposed new provinces for Pakistan, "need of the hour"?

1971 was all political. The leading political party in East Pakistan actually won the elections (the population of East Pakistan was more than West Pakistan at that time) and West Pakistanis rigged the elections so Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and his PPP could come to power. This caused the East Pakistanis to rise up against the West Pakistanis then East Pakistan became Bangladesh.

That was the cause of 1971. The Bhutto family and their allies caused a lot of harm to Pakistan.

The MQM is trying to make inroads into the voter base in other provinces, and the issue of new provinces is probably one of the few ways in which they can stand out and garner support, if they are opposed by the established parties.

If, however, the established parties end up directly or indirectly supporting the MQM position of creating more provinces, that breaks up the ANP and PML-N vote bank in Punjab and K-P, which benefits the MQM-PPP alliance, and potentially still allows the MQM to make inroads into Southern Punjab and the Hazara parts of K-P.

Political rhetoric and grandstanding to appeal to certain sections of the electorate is all this is ...

Why do people get their panties up in a bunch when new provinces are being talked about? More provinces equals better administration. But idiots cry about more provinces equals division lmao, heck our next door neighbour would be more divided but are they? If that was the case America would be the most divided country in the world. A country of 180 million has only 4 provinces, a big shame.

There should be only two provinces in pakistan.
1- North Pakistan = KP+Pujab
2- South Pakistan = Sindh+Balochistan
or
West Pakistan =KP+Balochistan
East Pakistan= Punjab+Sindh

Pakistan don't need any new province. If they can't manage the province then Desolve them all. Introduce City/District Governments. Those are are elected remain in their own area (not at Islamabad or any provincial HQ). Pakistan really can't afford more division, infact all the names such as Punjab, KPK, Sindh, and Baluchistan should be changed to something else so ethnicity get removed from even the name.

That really a nonsense started by PPP and other parties. They only care about their own pockets nothing else.

Why do people get their panties up in a bunch when new provinces are being talked about? More provinces equals better administration. But idiots cry about more provinces equals division lmao, heck our next door neighbour would be more divided but are they? If that was the case America would be the most divided country in the world. A country of 180 million has only 4 provinces, a big shame.

Check indian province and there population. That's just a pointless arguments.

on the top of that, if any city thing the government isn't being fair, then they should only blame themselves.. Since they elected the people who just run away to Islamabad or other provincial centers rather then working for their own people.

Whether Punjab should be divided or not i dont know

What i do know is the only reason the Gunja Brothers will oppose it because it will cut their "Kingdom of Punjab" in Half

make 2000 provinces no issues as long as they are not made on language base but rather administrative bases! making south punjab a province is a good move but making it as a serayki province is wrong!

i think we need to rename sindh,balochistan,pakhthunkwa & punjab!! no language based provinces should remain in pakistan.

they need to set a yard stick a rule for provinces , i.e every 3 core population will have a separate province , and all of the country resource to be distributed equal between them , every citizen and also province in this way will be equal in front of federation and will increase social justice.

i think we need to rename sindh,balochistan,pakhthunkwa & punjab!! no language based provinces should remain in pakistan.

Sector A = Sindh
Sector B = Balochistan
Sector C = Punjab
Sector D = Khyber Pukhtoon

New Problem
Who gets to be A and who gets to be D :sick:

Sector A = Sindh
Sector B = Balochistan
Sector C = Punjab
Sector D = Khyber Pukhtoon

New Problem
Who gets to be A and who gets to be D :sick:

Major city name will be ok like Karachi Sukkur , Bahawalpur , Multan , Lahore ,Hazara ETC

why does MQM gets it pants in the knot when the saraikey province includes a part of sindh today i red his statements that was all break all the other provinces but not sindh stupid idiot..... i know the southern part of punjab is not developed if you want to make it then not on ethnic base....... i am on game of making fata a province too but on admin base

Large provinces are not a issue but administration of the province is an issue! look at KPK, its pretty small yet is it good governed? The problem appeared when stupid PPP leaders changed the name of NWFP into KPK, so hazara also started same. Pakistan has like 26+ language, and every language is spoken differently in different places.

I can bet, even after have more provinces things will remain same. It is our leaders who mess things up. not the size of the province.

Pakistan don't need any new province. If they can't manage the province then Desolve them all. Introduce City/District Governments. Those are are elected remain in their own area (not at Islamabad or any provincial HQ). Pakistan really can't afford more division, infact all the names such as Punjab, KPK, Sindh, and Baluchistan should be changed to something else so ethnicity get removed from even the name.

That really a nonsense started by PPP and other parties. They only care about their own pockets nothing else.

Check indian province and there population. That's just a pointless arguments.

on the top of that, if any city thing the government isn't being fair, then they should only blame themselves.. Since they elected the people who just run away to Islamabad or other provincial centers rather then working for their own people.

I agree with the second argument.

Problem with a new province is that, there will always be some political players that stand to lose and others gain. bitterness among the political class will spoil environment for technocrats and intelligentsia.

Do not go for new divisions unless there's an absolute necessity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom