What's new

Prophet Mohammad (Pbuh) movie will be released on August 26th

Muslims should really get over the no-images rule. Back then, there was a ruling against pictures so it doesn't turn into idol-worshipping but in 2015, if an actor plays Prophet Mohammad, is everyone going to start worshipping them?

We Muslims follow rulings from 1500 years back without knowing the reason behind it and just want to copy it exactly in today's world.

Anyway, this film doesn't show the Prophets face but we really should stop with all this ridiculous sensitivity that causes our children to know more about Batman's life than Prophet Mohammads's life.

Let me show you some example in today's world

A temple for Sonia Gandhi, MGR, Rajnikanth, Amitabh Bachchan, Khushboo and others | Deccan Chronicle

Amitabh Bachahan's sandals worshipped by fans at his 'temple' | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Hero-worship scales new heights in India - Al Jazeera English

When Allah that law, he knows batter then us which thing is right for us

No one is worshipping an actor as a replacement for the prophet he has played.
Jim Caviezel played Jesus Christ in "Passion of Christ". Is he Jim Caviezel now worshipped at all the churches all around the world?

Those examples are all from Hindu culture which is the unique culture of South Asia and Indian subcontinent. Iranian culture is different.

Look at this article,
Iran: Sunni Muslims condemn biopic 'Muhammad' film

And pay attention to this part,
""The actor who plays this role may later play a criminal, and viewers may associate these characters with criminality," Abdel Dayyem Nosair, an adviser to the head of Al-Azhar told AFP News."

What idiot thinks this? If a person published the Quran in his publishing company, and after a few years became a whoremonger, does it affect the Quran???

Does a sensible person watch the film, and then 10 years later he watches the actor in an criminal act and think, "Okay, now I will stop to become a Muslim"?!

Islam needs a ideological revolution to put kick out all the backward mentality out of its mainstream.

Look at this article,

""The actor who plays this role may later play a criminal, and viewers may associate these characters with criminality," Abdel Dayyem Nosair, an adviser to the head of Al-Azhar told AFP News."

What idiot thinks this? If a person published the Quran in his publishing company, and after a few years became a whoremonger, does it affect the Quran???

Does a sensible person watch the film, and then 10 years later he watches the actor in an criminal act and think, "Okay, now I will stop to become a Muslim"?!

Islam needs a ideological revolution to put kick out all the backward mentality out of its mainstream.

That is coming from Al-Azhar whose enmity with Iran is well known. It is really not a religious argument but a political one. They can't make a film like this and they are jealous of Iran, hence their behavior.

And you are correct on the need for ideological revolution. Printing press had also been declared haram by Muslim scholars, universally. Printing Quran in a printing press was considered the ultimate unforgivable great sin deserving punishment of death. Things have changed now. Similarly things will continue to change.

Those who resist this change, will only harm themselves and their communities. Those leading this change will benefit enormously.

That's weird question!

Posters of Prophet that show is face are prohibited, same as movies. As you see in the poster, the face of Prophet even as a baby is covered with light and not shown. So he is not going to be shown in the movie.
I think that law was for times when people started worshiping the pictures they painted or put in their homes. We really need ijtehad (Islamic debate) now more than ever. As times change Islamic rules and jurisprudence is likely to change as well.

That is coming from Al-Azhar whose enmity with Iran is well known. It is really not a religious argument but a political one. They can't make a film like this and they are jealous of Iran, hence their behavior.

And you are correct on the need for ideological revolution. Printing press had also been declared haram by Muslim scholars, universally. Printing Quran in a printing press was considered the ultimate unforgivable great sin deserving punishment of death. Things have changed now. Similarly things will continue to change.

Those who resist this change, will only harm themselves and their communities. Those leading this change will benefit enormously.
I agree with you. Heavy reforms are needed in Islamic countries. And promotion of ideas like democracy and freedom.

I have a question. It's out of curiosity. I didn't get a proper answer during all my time in the middle east. Is there a reaon as to why the Prophets Face is not to be depicted anywhere. If I remember correctly, there are descriptions of it though in scriptures.

On another note.. I can't believe some of the replies here.. Such cave men mentality and retardation..

Whats up buddy. So not sure if you got a clear answer to your question, but the reason is in Holy Quran it states not to ever show portrait or statue of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) face or any other prophets, because Holy Quran was the last scripture sent to mankind after Jesus Christ and in Islam Muslims believe Jesus Christ was a prophet too. But in the Christian community most of the Christian says Jesus is the son of God hence he is a God and Christians now worships his picture or have his statues in the churches so in a way people worships Jesus not God. Allah says he is the only one to worship and he has no picture nor idol. You bow down in front of nobody but Allah subhanatallah and worship him only. So when some one makes pictures of a important person or idol, overtime it derails the person to worship the picture of the person instead of Allah subhanatallah. I hope that helps. Sorry if i confused ya

Look at this article,

Stupidity has no limit, does it? Even if one has a senior role in Al-Azhar.

These idiots don't think that first, the prophet's face is not shown in this movie and just scream out of desperation like a broken record, since this movie is produced in Iran.

Second, even if the prophet's face as a baby was shown, if a Muslim is stupid enough to associate an actor with Prophet himself, wouldn't it be better for Islam to be cleansed from such a stupid and deranged person?

I think that law was for times when people started worshiping the pictures they painted or put in their homes. We really need ijtehad (Islamic debate) now more than ever. As times change Islamic rules and jurisprudence is likely to change as well.

Indeed. I think all these stupid comments from the so called 'scholars' are only because the movie is from Iran, while everyone knows the prophet's face is not shown in the move.

Whats up buddy. So not sure if you got a clear answer to your question, but the reason is in Holy Quran it states not to ever show portrait or statue of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) face or any other prophets, because Holy Quran was the last scripture sent to mankind after Jesus Christ and in Islam Muslims believe Jesus Christ was a prophet too. But in the Christian community most of the Christian says Jesus is the son of God hence he is a God and Christians now worships his picture or have his statues in the churches so in a way people worships Jesus not God. Allah says he is the only one to worship and he has no picture nor idol. You bow down in front of nobody but Allah subhanatallah and worship him only. So when some one makes pictures of a important person or idol, overtime it derails the person to worship the picture of the person instead of Allah subhanatallah. I hope that helps. Sorry if i confused ya

It's interesting that if you think about it, in today's world, by banning it, Muslims have fallen into the trap that the Prophet was trying to prevent.

Prophet Mohammad was trying to stop future generations turning him into an idol, and have the focus only be on God. But by showing so much sensitivity to Mohammad, Muslims have inadvertently turned him into an object of worship, the very thing Mohammad was trying to prevent.

Those examples are all from Hindu culture which is the unique culture of South Asia and Indian subcontinent. Iranian culture is different.

Islamic law is not based on culture but on human nature. I can give you even western example as well.

It is apparently according to what Muhammad, himself, has said.
You heard that from his mouth or you've been told?.

My friend many of what we know about Islam it's not more than some one else idea for instance the Khalifa Omer this guy were and still equal to the Prophet PBUH in sunnis scholars view so he has the right to them to manipulate or making laws that are considered legit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom