What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

Didn't Pakistan gain any stealth knowhow from the US Blackhawk helicopter that crashed during the Abbottabad raid?

Pakistan let China see crashed U.S. "stealth" copter
such insight needed many months or years to understand the technology not just few days.
I dont think there was any time for such analysis or insight,. Americans were more worried about the tail rotter of the helicopter and the entire wreckage was handed back to them in very short time.

I had a dream last night that a friend of mine sent me pictures of Azm's FGFA demonstrator first test flight lol. It had the basic planform of the YF-23 but wasn't the YF-23.

Haqeeqat TV: Pakistani Naujawan ko khwab main Azm nazar agaya! kya Pakistan nay Azm bana liya hai?
Good that dream ended quickly as it did. Otherwise, you might have stuck around long enough to see an Air Commodore say, "AZM doesn't need to be 5th generation..." It's very traumatic.

Good that dream ended quickly as it did. Otherwise, you might have stuck around long enough to see an Air Commodore say, "AZM doesn't need to be 5th generation..." It's very traumatic.
Spotted Azm prototype at Wright Patterson Air Force Base Museum yesterday (exclusive pix):
1601821054118.png

1601821080102.png

Some stupid or idiots are making fun of Project Azm, By posting images of YF-23 as PAF fifth-gen fighter.
For their kind information that every country gets knowledge from others.
Even the USA and USSR copied many german projects or simply steal their secret projects.
Chinese are the biggest copycat Russian and western projects.
Also, Western countries, Israel, Endia, China, and Russia spied Americans.
No doubt YF-23 was one of the best fifth-gen fighter far better than F-22 in many ways.
So PAF is trying to making a fighter like this than what is wrong.
Even we get or steal American technology for our AZM project than there is nothing wrong.

Is that the actual YF-23 prototype? It's small (considering the engines it was using). I guess it makes sense it was a demonstrator, i.e., it wasn't meant to carry a big payload.
Yup it's one of the two actual prototypes. However, I am pretty sure it has been "sanitized" of any tech (stealth-coatings, panel lines removed, etc). It's pretty big actually compared to other aircraft (unusually long).

Some stupid or idiots are making fun of Project Azm, By posting images of YF-23 as PAF fifth-gen fighter.
For their kind information that every country gets knowledge from others.
Even the USA and USSR copied many german projects or simply steal their secret projects.
Chinese are the biggest copycat Russian and western projects.
Also, Western countries, Israel, Endia, China, and Russia spied Americans.
No doubt YF-23 was one of the best fifth-gen fighter far better than F-22 in many ways.
So PAF is trying to making a fighter like this than what is wrong.
Even we get or steal American technology for our AZM project than there is nothing wrong.
Calm down and please don't debase yourself with name calling. Nobody's making fun of anything. I've written about how the YF-23 can be very helpful to Azm in several places. I am merely keeping the thread alive with some light-hearted banter. Still, if I have so thoroughly offended you that you choose to call me "stupid" and "idiot", then I am sorry.

If Project Azm does happen, PAF will have to build a lot of new hardened shelters as most of the current ones are only for single engine fighters. Another consideration for Azm's success or failure i think.
twin engine will increase the wingspan and length only by few feet...all HASs are of standard size and can accomodate any twin engine fighter.

Calm down and please don't debase yourself with name calling. Nobody's making fun of anything. I've written about how the YF-23 can be very helpful to Azm in several places. I am merely keeping the thread alive with some light-hearted banter. Still, if I have so thoroughly offended you that you choose to call me "stupid" and "idiot", then I am sorry.

I really like your idea of a mini-f-23. I personally would love such a stealth aircraft. However, my "dream" would be for a single engine - WS-15 equiped design rather than a twin engine. Costs / less complexity / lower maintenance / rapid operational turnover / etc make that more sensible for me.

A watered-down Azm would be better than no Azm. The FCS of such a plane would be very interesting. Basically mirror the FCS of the J-20, minus the canards.

What are you talking about?It’s a well established fact China had access to the Israeli Lavi project which was a copy of the F-16. Pakistan had zero involvement with the J-10. Please stop peddling unsubstantiated and false claims.

Why China Looked To Israel's Lavi Jet For Its J-10 'Vigorous Dragon'

However, in the mid-1990s, U.S. newspapers began reporting that intelligence agencies were concerned about continued Israeli technology transfers to China—including some components given to Israel by the United States.

This included allegations that Israel had transferred Lavi technology for China’s program to develop a fourth-generation jet fighter. The Chengdu Aircraft Corporation had begun work on the J-10 in 1988 under engineer Song Wecong, who can be seen next to a Lavi in thisphoto (fourth from the right).

In his book Lavi: the United States, Israel and a Controversial Fighter, John W. Golan wrote:

Israeli involvement in the J-10 appears to have begun at around the same time that China first opened diplomatic relations with Israel in January 1992 . . . Israeli contractors were engaged to provide the aerodynamic and structural outlines for the J-10. The Israeli influences on the J-10’s design are unmistakable: a close-coupled, canard-delta arrangement; a single-engine fighter featuring a ventral engine inlet; twin ventral strakes; and an area-ruled fuselage.
The J-10 is basically the 1970s J-9, which was terminated in 1980, combined with some design features/technology of the Lavi. The resemblance to the F-16 is superficial ... the US giving the F-16 design/technology.
1.jpeg

twin engine will increase the wingspan and length only by few feet...all HASs are of standard size and can accomodate any twin engine fighter.

Azm will be a twin fin design, like the Tempest, YF23 / J20.. those planes cannot fit into PAFs hardened shelters as they are all design for single tail fins.

Back
Top Bottom