What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

And if you remove the engine then I think a lot of other systems can be developed in Pakistan if we want to

I am curious to know what those systems are that u think we can produce? Flight control systems? Other softwares? Radars? Sensors? Missiles? Materials?

It’s not about approach it’s about backwards educational system which produce workers not enterprisers and our ppl who always afraid of new things and our older generation who were always afraid of unknown worry .
Can't argue with the truth bro

I am curious to know what those systems are that u think we can produce? Flight control systems? Other softwares? Radars? Sensors? Missiles? Materials?

We have made nuclear. We have made missiles. We have made tanks. We have made UAVs. What we don't know we can try to reverse engineer those things. At least India is trying to make a lot of things and they have a space program too. Everyone has to start at some point and it doesn't matter to me what those components are, may our share be of screws, wiring looms, landing gears or tyres - anything, attempt counts. Budget would be a constraint, nothing much else. There are plenty of Pakistanis abroad that can help bring in technical knowledge where we don't have it. China and Turkey can always help and as I said, they should be a joint venture to reduce cost of future projects.

Note: I did ask him about Project AZM he completely avoided the topic and and asked him again honestly didn't show much interest in it or much enthusiasm.
@PakFactor I am right to assume that the person you talked to is either not an engineer or not a US educated engineer?

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) not surprised. I just hope the new chief, with his technical and research appointments, is kind to AvRID during his tenure. Maybe then, AvRID will be too big to fail?

@PakFactor I am right to assume that the person you talked to is either not an engineer or not a US educated engineer?

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) not surprised. I just hope the new chief, with his technical and research appointments, is kind to AvRID during his tenure. Maybe then, AvRID will be too big to fail?
Yeah, as I said earlier, I think the NGFA/FGFA will ultimately roll into some other country's program -- either China or Turkey.

As for AvRID in of itself, it's tough to say at the moment.

If they can at least keep it as a skunkworks department, then there's always a chance (5, 10 or 15 years later) that it'll spearhead a major program in the future once it has the expertise and infrastructure.

In the mean time, AvRID could come up with smaller projects, e.g., SOWs, AAMs, ECM, or even a loyal wingman UAV?

Last edited:
I wonder if the same people look at the pic of a supercar and go, "this is actually what we should have in our garage", then realize what their salary and bank balance are and the reason their ride is a banged-up suzuki mehran. How dumb and oblivious to hard facts of real life are most Pakistanis?

Pakistani GDP should have looked like $800 billion but we get what we are.

Last edited:
I wonder if the same people look at the pic of a supercar and go, "this is actually what we should have in our garage", then realize what their salary and bank balance are and the reason their ride is a banged-up suzuki mehran. How fucking dumb and oblivious to hard facts of real life are most Pakistanis?
We are all on the same page the Shiekh Chillee was definitely a Pakistani citizen

I didn't see this news being discussed:

US congratulates Pakistani students after they beat MIT, Stanford in aeronautics contest

wins.jpg

Some people keep undermining our talent, brains and potential!
Pessimism kills more dreams than anything! We need to appreciate our talent and promote it too.

Last edited:
I didn't see this news being discussed:

US congratulates Pakistani students after they beat MIT, Stanford in aeronautics contest

wins.jpg

Some people keep undermining our talent, brains and potential!
Pessimism kills more dreams than anything! We need to appreciate our talent and promote it too.
No we don’t - plenty of brilliant minds and talent but what is undermining them leads many of the organizations that could use this talent. This talent then looks for Jobs overseas or immigrated because of the undermining by those sitting is certain positions who then also keep crying about not getting good resources.

With Pakistani cities at the bottom of the livability index and good talent find it will never be rewarded in the system unless it works for itself - why should it continue to toil away for a generally thankless and apathetic population?

No we don’t - plenty of brilliant minds and talent but what is undermining them leads many of the organizations that could use this talent. This talent then looks for Jobs overseas or immigrated because of the undermining by those sitting is certain positions who then also keep crying about not getting good resources.

With Pakistani cities at the bottom of the livability index and good talent find it will never be rewarded in the system unless it works for itself - why should it continue to toil away for a generally thankless and apathetic population?

Hence we need money routed to private industry than government run, which are inefficient.
Need to set up a Special Economic Zone for private businesses where our Universities like NUST, etc., can keep talent into it.

Hence we need money routed to private industry than government run, which are inefficient.
Need to set up a Special Economic Zone for private businesses where our Universities like NUST, etc., can keep talent into it.
That is what the AZM project was really about - and there is a lot of young talent participating. Many are being cultivated and those that can understand and tolerate the system are and will continue to make big impacts.

Nothing goes to waste even in a proverbially rotten system such as Pakistan’s. There are plenty of honest, intelligent and hardworking people in all walks of life - within state structure and in private sectors that are the primary reason Pakistan still exists. Their shoulders burdened and knotted with stress but they keep smiling as best as they can and go on. Frankly the rest of Pakistan should offer Shukrana nafls every day just because these people exist.

Azm did not begin with ACM Aman - I heard it from the first team back in the late 2010s when the J-20 images were still being hidden away. But the requirements were refined and refined until what is now being sent as RFPs on components from sources abroad and internal. PCB boards being ordered to specifications and designs done in Pakistan.

why not merge some military tech to civilian tech to earn extra revenue for example mil night vision can be downgraded to civilian tech and be sold to hunters, farmers, security.

Back
Top Bottom