What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

Sharing relevant excerpt from the link below...

Pakistan’s fifth-gen fighter
At the moment the design and development department is working on a fifth-generation fighter, known as Azm. The project is being conceptualised and preliminary designs are ongoing. “There will come a time when we will review it for its cost effectiveness, and what capabilities can be fused into the project, it will have to be something essential for a next-gen fighter,” he said.

Once Azm is past the preliminary design stage, detailed design will follow before prototyping the initial concept and working towards the final concept. “It will be improved over the three phases with each lasting around two years. In each phase the aircraft could evolve, even its future operating capability (FOC) could see improvements,” he added.

The PAF anticipates that the fifth generation fighter will fly in 2028, but as the PAC chairman explained: “If a partner joins us with new expertise, then that date might alter. We are working in a very focused manner and engaging with international partners to see what they can offer.”

Obviously, the PAC and PAF has learnt a lot from developing and then building the Sino-Pak JF-17 Thunder with the Chinese, and AVIC (Aviation Industry in China) in particular. Fourteen years ago, the PAF hadn’t even started to build fighters. “It’s been a valuable experience, particularly for attracting people here that have diverse [knowledge] within various specialties – design, structures, avionics, integration. We have built over 100 JF-17s that are operationally employed today,” he said.

Read my post again .... I question the relationship between Turkey and the illegal state of israel. Not you and the illegal state of israel!

1- Israel is not an illegal country, recognized by the UN.
2- If invade Israel in Palestine is the reason question the relations between Turkey and Israel, I tell whether a right, such as querying of a citizen of this relationship is found in the same bed with a country that persecuted illegally in East Turkistan. I guess your intelligence can perceive that.

1- Israel is not an illegal country, recognized by the UN.
2- If invade Israel in Palestine is the reason question the relations between Turkey and Israel, I tell whether a right, such as querying of a citizen of this relationship is found in the same bed with a country that persecuted illegally in East Turkistan. I guess your intelligence can perceive that.

You have derailed the thread quite enough, my friend. Back on topic please.

Oh and by the way .... israel is an illegal state, any real Muslim would tell you that.

It was reported by bloomberg two days ago
what was reported by Bloomberg and what is reported by this Haqeeqat TV guy is two different things .....

Bro I understand his method of creating sensational u-tube videos he mostly used open source reports and give certain spin and angle to spice thing much .... so in my opinion one should ignore his analysis presented as facts

what was reported by Bloomberg and what is reported by this Haqeeqat TV guy is two different things .....

Bro I understand his method of creating sensational u-tube videos he mostly used open source reports and give certain spin and angle to spice thing much .... so in my opinion one should ignore his analysis presented as facts

This is a business opportunity for defense enthusiast who has deep knowledge to set up credible analysis in YT.

First off, I haven't taken any of what you said, personally. Secondly, being human blessed with free will and a brain to use it, learning any language or any other subject, is entirely dependent on the person who has the courage to do so.

Finally, I would suggest that you study more and analyze what you read with critical thinking devoid of patriotism, nationalism (that is of course, if you're a Muslim). Lecturing about Muslims of Turkestan being treated in China, and Pakistan's relationship with China by someone who is Turkish ... is like the pot calling the kettle, black!

You think I don't see the smoke and mirror duplicity of Turkey? Where there is a whole lot of bluster and noise on Palestine. Yet when one looks at actual statistics, Turkey's diplomatic, trade and tourism relationship with the illegal state of israel, is at an all time high.

Get your priorities in order first, before lecturing others about what is and what is not. For there still those who possess the ability to see through the duplicitous guise some wear to deceive the world.
Dear, they dont like Arabs at large(historic reasons) so they dont fancy ummah style state where arabs play a key role, their tendency is more towards building strong trade and security links with former turkic states. Pakistan is important to them because Pakistan is geo strategic when it comes to central asia.

Last edited:

even that report was by Faseeh Mangi
so you can imagine the degree of actual substance is low.
Turkey will not join Pakistan-China joint program(atleast in near future) because Turkey doesn't have political leverage to do so..It cant risk getting sanctioned as a NATO member when its already getting its S400 deal ratified which it was able to sneak through during Trump era when NATO-US rift was all time high and Trump-Putin love affair was all over the news. They cancelled a missile defense system deal with the Chinese in 2015 due to pressure from US and EU not just that they embarrassed Chinese by releasing this news at G20 summit.. That was a purchase not even a joint program, so what are people here thinking of that Turkey really does independent actions regardless of geo political situation. no it doesn't, just like other countries it also has limitations and real politique prevails. Even Pakistan was able to commence the DRUZBAH joint exercise with Russia and the Mi35 heli purchase during Trumps time, every state makes its move in the time and place of its choosing.
@MastanKhan

Last edited:
You have derailed the thread quite enough, my friend. Back on topic please.

Oh and by the way .... israel is an illegal state, any real Muslim would tell you that.
Leave him, his kind is helpless.

It could be VFX in Vietnam. And I think the Vietnamese model is more advanced than the Turkish model. You know, our East Asian nations have an overwhelming technological advantage over West Asia.

This is misplaced assumption. Forget about VFX but TFX could be much better then all of China's J20S AND J31's.. Chinese arms haven't really performed anywhere or in any arena. There is no reputation just hype without testing. Atleast Turkey produces top class quality military equipment that is acknowledged in legit combats and respected by military experts everywhere

I have no information about what I am talking about and I do not need research. So the idea I have is absolutely correct.
242c94.jpg

The topic is AZM, however it is devastated by numerous nonsense that is independent of the subject and contains stupid stereotypes abt to other countries.

I will advise our friends here to avoid measuring contest & not to derail AZM topic in a sense to downplay other nation. I regret to say but I will have to enforce permanent thread ban.

Regards,

I will advise our friends here to avoid measuring contest & not to derail AZM topic in a sense to downplay other nation. I regret to say but I will have to enforce permanent thread ban.

Regards,
Sir. AZM also needs to pass wind tunnel tests. So the discussion is not off topic. Any successful fighter must pass the wind tunnel test(Then take off). But we all know. Not every country can build wind tunnels...

I feel this project azm is another truck ki bati. The level of technology that goes into the development of a 5th gen fighter is truly unprecedented and cutting edge. Highly industrious and developed rich nations find it very hard and here we are, we cant manufacture basic stuff, have a below avg industrial base, non existent software base, non existent R&D base and we are giving timelines for prototypes lolz.
In the end it will be the FC31 or the TFX. So why waste time and resources for azm? Or may be its always been the plan and azm is just a smoke screen.

Sir. AZM also needs to pass wind tunnel tests. So the discussion is not off topic. Any successful fighter must pass the wind tunnel test(Then take off). But we all know. Not every country can build wind tunnels...

I don't think AZM will surpass any defined law of science so whether it does in Turkey or China or at home or mars, I will suggest that we shall wait instead of downplaying others like it has to be happening in a day or two. There is a long journey ahead my friend. Who knows which country is going to have an advanced set-up for aviation by 2028-30? I just raised one of my eyebrow while I was typing the last sentence.
I feel this project azm is another truck ki bati. The level of technology that goes into the development of a 5th gen fighter is truly unprecedented and cutting edge. Highly industrious and developed rich nations find it very hard and here we are, we cant manufacture basic stuff, have a below avg industrial base, non existent software base, non existent R&D base and we are giving timelines for prototypes lolz.
In the end it will be the FC31 or the TFX. So why waste time and resources for azm? Or may be its always been the plan and azm is just a smoke screen.

I don't wish for you but they way you are feeling, I will suggest to take some time & rest to feel better.

Back
Top Bottom