BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
ENEWS_logo.gif
kotarot_news_ot.gif

world-news.gif

Producer of anti-Islam film offers no regrets
Alleged filmmaker behind movie that sparked riots across Arab world says he feels guilty over deaths but urges viewers to watch entire film before judging. Man has been identified as Egyptian Copt, convicted drug fellon, ABC reports

Ynet
Latest Update: 09.14.12, 18:29 / Israel News

A man who claims to be the producer of an anti-Islam film that has sparked protests across the Arab world and in several Muslim-majority countries says he has no regrets about making the film.

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, a 55-year-old Egyptian Copt living in California, told an American Arabic-language radio station, Radio Sawa, that he was “saddened” and felt “guilty” over the violence, which resulted in the deaths of Chris Stevens, the US ambassador to Libya, and three other Americans in an attack on the US embassy in Benghazi, but felt no remorse.

“No, I do not regret the film,” Nakoula added. “I am saddened by the killing of the ambassador but I do not regret making it.

“I am the one who leaked the 14 minutes and put it on the internet and I am thinking about releasing the full film (entitled ‘Innocence of Muslims’). Nobody manipulated my film.”

Asked if he felt guilty that the violence is being directed against US citizens, Nakoula said: “Yes, I feel guilty. America has nothing to do with this subject and is suffering the consequences of a film that has nothing to do with it.”

He continued: “I had published a book in 1994 (on Islam) and it impressed certain parties who asked me if I could turn this book into a movie and this is what I did.

“I have a message for the whole world and not for Muslims. I hope that you watch the movie in full before you judge it.”

He described himself as “an Arab thinker interested in Islamic affairs.”

'Nakoula is a convicted drug felon'
New details regarding the filmmaker, whose identity has been shrouded in mystery, emerged overnight Friday. ABC News' website said that the film was written, produced and directed by a convicted drug manufacturer and scam artist who has told authorities he actually wrote the script in federal prison.

According to the report, authorities identified Nakoula, an Egyptian Copt who resides in Cerritos, California, as the filmmaker, and said that he admitted his role in the movie after seeking help from law enforcement in dealing with death threats he has received since the release of the film.

Authorities told ABC News that Nakoula told them he and his son, Abanob Basseley, 21, were responsible for producing the movie which, he reportedly said, cost between $50,000 and $60,000 and was shot in a little over 12 days.

Authorities say he claimed the money for the movie came from his wife's family in Egypt.

Using the false name Sam Bacile, Nakoula had told reporters earlier this week that he was an "Israeli Jew," that the film had cost about $5,000,000, and that the money had come from wealthy Jewish friends.

Now he is "scared to death," authorities told ABC News, and fearful that harm could come to his wife and other family members.

On Thursday, it was reported that the film's cast and crew claimed they had been misled by the director.

he will end up living in horror in his remaining life.

and that's a good end.

What happens to him in this life is immaterial and just nothing compared to what waits him after he passes away....
Reminds me of the monks who wielded phony miracles to rally masses of soldiery in Crusader times. His attempt at rallying the Western masses to bigotry has failed utterly; ironically it has only succeeded in the Muslim World. Is that a sign of Western progress or Western decay?

This moron will enjoy life just as the author of Satanic verses does.. These idiots thrive on publicity.. And Muslims of the world have played right into his hands..
They indeed have. This person and movie should have been ignored. The killing of the US ambassador by any Islamic standards is a massive wrong and haraam (in our own parlance).

...The killing of the US ambassador by any Islamic standards is a massive wrong and haraam (in our own parlance).
Have you read of how the Caliph greeted the ambassadors bearing annual tribute from Byzantium? It was a festival day every year!

Now the Western countries doling out "aid" are told they are scum instead. It seems nothing is as poisonous to the Muslim Mind as the memory and desire for power.

can we let it go, move on, maybe there are more pressing issues for us than worry about producers well being

Someone should produce a movie on holocaust and then we will see where do these lectures on tolerance and freedom speech go!

maybe you didnt catch up yet but he is not a jew

maybe you didnt catch up yet but he is not a jew

Actually if you look at the current mindset, Christians and Jews refer to themselves as 'one'. There is something called 'Judaeo-Christian'. This certainly the case because they get along so well. As far as the filmaker is concerned, he was born jew. Either way, he can't change his blood.

Actually if you look at the current mindset, Christians and Jews refer to themselves as 'one'. There is something called 'Judaeo-Christian'. This certainly the case because they get along so well. As far as the filmaker is concerned, he was born jew. Either way, he can't change his blood.

which implies all converted muslims are not really muslims? They are really whatever religion they were born into..

which implies all converted muslims are not really muslims? They are really whatever religion they were born into..

Don't pick and choose words to change the theme here! Read my whole post.I'm taking about the relation between Judaism and Christianity and how the followers are annoted as one. Leave Islam aside.

Back
Top Bottom