What's new

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “Buddhist Diplomacy”

Many buddhists worship hindu gods...buddha himself believed in brahman...HOWEVER according to him, worshiping alone is not enough to achieve moksha.

What you have learned is western version of buddhism. If you wanna really study buddha, i suggest you study Theravāda, the oldest school of thought in buddhism.

I don't believe in anything religion or non religion

Is it true that India is currently undergoing a major Buddhist revival, particularly among "dalits"?

Yes and No.

Yes in a sense that Buddhism had undergone major revival, particularly among "dalits" , But only in one state of India . No in a sense that it is not adding numbers for past 20 years.

The reason for Buddhism not being as in India able to take root in India is same as the one of the many causes which cause it's disappearance, that is that Buddhism is very very similar to Hinduism. Most of Buddhist shrine in India are maintained by Brahmins, and vaishnava sect of Hinduism considers Buddha as reincarnation of Vishnu. Buddha himself lived and died as a Kshatriya Hindu.He took the title of Chakravartin taken up by victorious Kings.Thus it is very difficult to cause interconversions between Hindus and Buddhists.

Last edited:
Yes and No.

Yes in a sense that Buddhism had undergone major revival, particularly among "dalits" , But only in one state of India . No in a sense that it is not adding numbers for past 20 years.

The reason for Buddhism not being as in India able to take root in India is same as the one of the many causes which cause it's disappearance, that is that Buddhism is very very similar to Hinduism. Most of Buddhist shrine in India are maintained by Brahmins, and vaishnava sect of Hinduism considers Buddha as reincarnation of Vishnu. Buddha himself lived and died as a Kshatriya Hindu.He took the title of Chakravartin taken up by victorious Kings.Thus it is very difficult to cause interconversions between Hindus and Buddhists.

Is there a conversion?? I am a devot hindu and reveer Buddha ... there is no clash that I see.

Buddhism originated from Nepal, has nothing to do with india. stop stealing modi.

good NaMo our dear leader great strategy, we should improve our relations with Myanmar,Thailand & specially Vietnam :D

Idiot Midget, Where is Bodhi tree ? Where Buddha got enlightened ? Where i BOdh gaya. Are you Chinese Programmed to immediately respond in this manner ?
stupid moronic clown. where is your gandhiji got enlightened about non-violent movement? should we say this movement originated from south africa?

stupid moronic clown. where is your gandhiji got enlightened about non-violent movement? should we say this movement originated from south africa?
Midget Gandhi was not enlightened one. You may worship him if you want. Only cockroaches like u can compare Gandhi and buddha

yes,non violence of Gandhi originated in south Africa.

Buddha was born in todays Nepal. obviously in those days there were no countries. in fact nation state o today came up only in 17th century.
where ever he mayhave been born he attained enlightenment in gays, in todays Bihar. tomorrow if Bihar becomes part of Pakistan, you cannot say Buddhism emerged in Pakistan. in fact ut was killed in Pakistan.

.... where is your gandhiji got enlightened about non-violent movement? should we say this movement originated from south africa?

Actually that wouldn't be completely wrong. Gandhi did hone his ideas in South Africa and continued to improve it after he returned to India.

As for Buddha, though he was born in what is now Nepal, he lived and preached in what is now India.

Midget Gandhi was not enlightened one. You may worship him if you want. Only cockroaches like u can compare Gandhi and buddha
ya, a nation of cockroaches whopship this gandhiji like a god cause he be begged freedom from british. for me he is just a laughstock.

ya, a nation of cockroaches whopship this gandhiji like a god cause he be begged freedom from britisch. for me he is just a laughstock.
ok.. no problem. if Gandhi makes you laugh , then laugh pigtaker.

Back
Top Bottom