What's new

Prime Minister Imran Khan address to the nation

If IK loses this NCM, it will be big slap on the face of Establishment. We all know that nothing happens without the approval of Army. I guess Army General are more concerned about free trips and free shopping for their wives in USA then future of Pakistan, but the worst thing is that they are willing to work with Corrupt mafia. Shaheen Sabhai said that truth that army getting involve in this is like "Army na apna mou kala karlia".

MQM 3 requirements/demand (MQM offices, missing person and cases) are under Establishment control and IK government has nothing to do with this.

Establishment is behind all games and crimes in our country.
Creating MQM to counter jaye sindh tehrek
Creating MQM-H to counter MQM
Created PSP to counter MQM
Supported PMLQ to counter PMLN
They supported criminals and corruption in Pakistan
They allowed corrupt mafia to destroy institutions.
Now they want Civil war in Pakistan.
Haq vs Batil

You can add supported religious groups against the separatists. The same religious groups then went out of control and foreign agencies exploited them against Pakistan. It lead to 150B economic loss, cost thousands of lives. The establishment is afraid of patriotic people because the retired ones will not be able to keep their properties in foreign lands. Isnt this treachery?

We love Pakistan armed forces but these retired sellout need to be dealt with. No person from higher position should be able to buy properties in foreign land, this is so state secrets can be protected. I wouldn't surprised if they are sold at auctions.

Last edited:
If the letter is real then Ik should kick out American ambassador from Pakistan and bring back his ambassador from USA. Will he do that?
There is no "letter". Pakistani Ambassador to the US was summoned by a 2 bit deputy undersecretary of state and read the riot act. Claiming that Pak-Us relationship has deteriorated to point of no return and if Imran stays in power things will get real bad. Whenever official meetings are held, detail of it are written down. This is called taking "Minutes of the meetings". Pak Ambassador sent those back to Foreign Office. The issue is that US officials had prior knowledge of this no confidence motion (1 day prior). And their various official at US embassy have met with members of the opposition (for no reason at all).

I also respected Amjad Shoaib a lot but what he said in this was very disappointing to hear
He has said in similar way before. There is a class of army officers which believes in lowering their gaze like a shy damsel when they see USA.

Is there an English version subtitle/translation?

Imran Khan tells Pakistan: Will not resign, will fight traitors till the end​

Imran said those asking for his resignation should know that even as a cricketer, he would always fight till the end. That attitude, Imran said, has not changed.
Pakistan PM Imran Khan address to nation updates gcw

Author

Team Newsable
Islamabad, First Published Mar 31, 2022, 9:04 PM IST
Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday addressed the country ahead of the no-confidence motion against his government and reiterated that he will not resign from his post. Speaking to the citizens, Imran said those asking for his resignation should know that even as a cricketer, he would always fight till the end. That attitude, Imran said, has not changed.
He said, "Some people are asking me to resign. Even as a cricketer, people knew I would always fight till the end. People now know that the people who switched sides have sold their soul. I still have hope. I appeal to those sitting on the other side. People will not forget and forgive you. People will say that you ran down the country, opposed its independent foreign policy." He further said that if people think the conspiracy would succeed, he ensured that he would oppose them. The Pakistan PM further urged citizens to remember the faces of these traitors.
Khan further said, "America... some nation... sent us a message that was not just against the prime minister but against the people of Pakistan. They already knew that Opposition was rallying against the government." He said the message stated that the anger against Pakistan will subside and will be forgiven if Imran Khan loses the no-confidence vote, otherwise it will face consequences.
He added, "There was no reasoning given. They said Imran decided arbitrarily to visit Russia when it was planned by the administration. They said that relations with Pakistan cannot improve till Imran Khan is Prime Minister."
He said, "On Sunday, the verdict will come on which way this country is headed. Will it be governed by those who have serious corruption cases against them? They are blaming me for the ills of Pakistan. Did Pakistan's suffering start in the last thee and a half years? Was it not the case in their tenure?"
Also Read | 'There is no safe passage': Opposition warns Imran Khan as he hangs on to Pakistan PM's chair
Talking about his visit to Russia, he said, "Other nations can engage with Russia. But they have a problem with Imran Khan going to Russia. There are stooges here who want Imran goes and they can take my place." He questioned, "Can these stooges, who have corruption cases worth crores of rupees against them since 30 years and who have two BBC documentaries stating their corruption, be allowed to be in power in Pakistan."
He further said, "The foreign country knows in-depth about each of these three people. 400 drone attacks happened during their tenure in power. They kept quiet. Not once did they spoke up. This is why that country prefers them over me." He said Shehbaz Sharif or his brother (Nawaz) has never stood up for Pakistan and that's because they (foreign country) know where all their ill-gotten wealth is.
Slamming the West further, he said the US has used Pakistan as per their convenience. Khan further said the assistance they provided, the lives that were lost but no other US ally suffered the losses that Pakistan did as lives of 80,000 Pakistani forces were lost.
Also Read | Who is Shehbaz Sharif, the man who could be Pakistan's new PM?
"Pakistan gave no credit for its contributions (in war on terror). US claimed 'double standards' of Pakistan's foreign policy that cost them the war. They called me 'Taliban Khan'. No senior politicians in Pakistan spoke up. They were wary of US retribution. US was judge, jury and executioner, and the then administrators of Pakistan allowed the free run," he added.
Elaborating over his tenure, he said he has criticed policies of the West. "During the meeting on war on terror, even when I was in Opposition, I kept saying that Pakistan need not join the war on terror. I kept asking, 'why should we keep sacrificing Pakistani lives. There were no Pakistanis involved in the terror attacks'," added Khan.
Speaking further, he said Pakistan was insulted during "war on terror". He added that he has always said that he would not bow down before anyone. "You can see my statements in the past. When I came to power, I decided that our foreign policy will be independent," he added.
Also Read: Letter that Imran Khan hopes will keep him on Pakistan PM's chair
"When I started my politics 25 years ago, it was based on three principles in my manifesto. First was 'Insaaf' (justice), 'Insaniyat' (humanity) and 'Khuddari' (not bowing before anyone)," Khan said. He said, "I'm fortunate that God gave me everything -- fame, wealth, everything. I don't need anything today, he gave me everything for which I am very thankful. Pakistan is only 5 yrs older than me, I'm from the 1st generation of country to be born after independence."
He said, "When I became Pakistan Prime Minister, our foreign policy was not even anti-India. When India changed Kashmir's status, that is when I spoke against India."
Earlier, Fawad Chaudhry stated on Twitter, "Prime Minister Imran Khan will keep fighting till the end."
The address came as the Pakistan National Assembly prepares to debate the no-confidence resolution against Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan's administration in the Lower House session. The Pakistan National Assembly was unexpectedly postponed till Sunday on Thursday as opposition MPs requested an early vote on a no-confidence resolution against Prime Minister Imran Khan, who has essentially lost control in the lower house.
Also Read | Withdraw no-confidence motion, will dissolve Parliament: Pakistan PM tells Opposition
The vote is slated on April 3, and the two sides will argue in the assembly forum prior to that day. The opposition parties' position has increased as two of the government's main allies, the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and the Balochistan Awami Party (BAP), have joined the opposition front.
When the government's coalition partners abandoned it, the government's majority was cut, and pressure is mounting on the cricketer-turned-politician.
To defeat the Opposition's effort to oust Khan, he needs 172 votes out of 342 in the lower chamber. However, the chairman of the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam Fazl (JUI-F), Maulana Fazlur Rehman, declared that the Opposition has the support of 175 parliamentarians and that the prime minister should resign.

To whom it may concern:

View attachment 829199
Aur fauj ko 70 saal say amreeka ki ghulami bhi na karni thi...khaas tor pay iss liyain kay Amreeka nay har morr par Pakistan ka saath na diya...

Amreeka ki ghulami bhi ki aur musalsal jootay bhi khae Amreeka kay...Ghulami bey-lazat...

Agar Ghulami karkay kay South Korea ya Japan ban jaatay tu so bismillah...laikin yahan tu ghumali karkay Bangladesh say bhi peechay reh gaey...

Defiant Pak PM Imran Khan says he will not resign; says ready to face no-trust vote on Sunday​

Khan needs 172 votes in the lower house of 342 to foil the Opposition’s bid to topple him
Islamabad, March 31

A defiant Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan said on Thursday that he will not resign despite losing the majority and insisted that he will play till the last ball and face the vote of no-confidence in the National Assembly on Sunday which will decide where the country will go.

2022_3$largeimg_901516303.jpg
Imran Khan. Video grab
In a live-address to the nation, 69-year-old Khan also discussed a ‘threat letter’ and termed it as part of a foreign conspiracy to remove him as he was not acceptable for following an independent foreign policy. He named the US as the country behind the threat letter in what appeared to be a slip of tongue.
Khan’s address came at a critical juncture of his political career when he lost majority after defection from his Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party. Two of his allied parties also withdrew their support and joined the ranks of the opposition.
“The nation should decide where the country should go…I always played until the last ball. I will never resign,” he said. “Those against me should have resigned…they should not have sold themselves for money.”
Calling the rebel lawmakers as “traitors”, Khan said that they will be branded as such for the rest of their lives as he pleaded them to come back and foil the attempt to topple his government.
“I will fight against the conspiracy and will never let it succeed,” Khan said as he vowed to face the no-trust vote in the assembly on Sunday.
His speech came hours after Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri abruptly adjourned the National Assembly session till Sunday after opposition lawmakers demanded an immediate vote on the no-trust motion.
The resolution against the embattled premier was tabled by the Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif on March 28.
Khan needs 172 votes in the lower house of 342 to foil the Opposition’s bid to topple him. However, Opposition claims it has the support of 175 lawmakers and the prime minister should immediately resign.
No Pakistani prime minister has ever completed a full five-year term in office. Also, no prime minister in Pakistan’s history has ever been ousted through a no-confidence motion, and Khan is the third premier to face the challenge.
Khan talked at length about the ‘threatening letter’ which he said was an official communication by Pakistan’s ambassador and showed that the opposition leaders were in contact with that country as it was written before the no-confidence move.
“They (officials of other country) said that if no confidence succeeds then things will be fine…but if Imran Khan remains in power, relations will deteriorate and you (Pakistan) will have to face problems,” Khan said, quoting from the document.
Khan said the foreign official knew that the ones who would come into power after him would have no issues taking orders from the external forces.
“But what is most disturbing is that our people, who are sitting here, are in contact with foreign powers,” he said, as he referred to the “three stooges” -- Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz president Shehbaz Sharif, Pakistan Peoples Party Co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari and Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Maulana Fazlur Rehman.
Khan accused the trio of involvement in corruption and asked if that country would allow someone to become its leader if involved in corruption.
“Will foreign countries want such corrupt people in power in their states? They are ready to accept such corrupt politicians, but I am not acceptable to them,” Khan said.
Khan said he came to politics after he had everything including money and fame, and “I need nothing even today”.
He said one of his objectives to join politics was to give a sense of honour to his nation and bring it out of slavery.
“When I started politics, I included three things in my party’s manifesto. Justice, which means law is the same for the powerful and the weak. Humanity because there is kindness in an Islamic state, and third, self-reliance (khuddari) because a Muslim nation cannot be a slave,” he said.
Khan reminisced about attending a meeting chaired by former military leader Pervez Musharraf who said that it was important to join the US war on terror, as Musharraf said that “US was like a wounded bear” and could attack Pakistan.
The support was acceptable to the extent that “we all are against terrorism” but to support it militarily cost Pakistan 80,000 lives. No other state and ally of the US suffered like Pakistan, he said.
He said Pakistan got taunts from the US, drone attacks and mantra of “do more” instead of appreciation for its role in the war on terror. He said all politicians were afraid of America and never said anything against drone attacks.
“I said from day one after getting the government that our foreign policy will be for Pakistan and not against any other country,” he said.
“...Our policy was not anti-US, -Europe, or even India [...] it became anti-Indian after New Delhi revoked the special status of Kashmir and broke international law in August 2019,” said Khan, who insists that the Kashmir dispute remained a big issue between the two countries.
India has repeatedly told Pakistan that Jammu and Kashmir “was, is and shall forever” remain an integral part of the country.
National Security Committee meeting
Earlier, Khan chaired a meeting of the National Security Committee which decided to issue a strong demarche to a country, that it did not name, over the “threatening letter”.
“The committee expressed grave concern at the communication, terming the language used by the foreign official as undiplomatic,” according to a statement issued by the Prime Minister’s Office.
“The Committee concluded that the communication amounted to blatant interference in the internal affairs of Pakistan by the country in question, which was unacceptable under any circumstances.”
Meanwhile, a highly placed source in the federal government told PTI on Thursday that backdoor talks between the government and the joint opposition are underway on the issue of no-confidence motion against Khan.
“Talks are focused on one-point - the joint opposition withdraws the no-trust motion against Khan and in return he dissolves the National Assembly calling for fresh elections,” the source said, adding that the “top man in the establishment may be a guarantor” if the understanding between the two reaches.
The development comes a day after Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Wednesday confirmed that Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Prime Minister Khan met twice during the day.
Khan came to power in 2018 with promises to create a ‘Naya Pakistan’ but miserably failed to address the basic problem of keeping the prices of commodities in control, giving air to the sails of opposition ships to make war on his government. PTI

Imran Khan News: PM Refuses to Resign; Alleges 3 Stooges in Pak Working With Foreign Powers Against Govt​

Imran Khan News Updates: Pakistan PM Imran Khan has summoned a meeting of the National Security Committee (NSC), the highest forum for discussion on security issues​

News18.com | March 31, 2022, 22:51 IST
Imran Khan News Updates: Pakistan’s embattled Prime Minister Imran Khan will address the nation tonight after the 69-year-old leader had canceled his speech on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Pakistan’s National Assembly session was adjourned abruptly till Sunday after opposition lawmakers demanded an immediate vote on a no-confidence motion against the cricketer-turned-politician, who has effectively lost the majority in Read More

Key Events
Mar 31, 2022 18:58 IST

I'll Not Resign, Says Pakistan PM Imran Khan​

“Voting on Sunday. The decision will come on Sunday which will show on which side nation to go now. People suggested me to resign but I will play till last ball. I will not resign. I will play till the last ball,” said Imran Khan.

Mar 31, 2022 18:38 IST

Pak PM Imran Khan Addresses Nation, Mentions US​

Imran Khan, while addressing the nation, said, “I was and will always be for a strong independent foreign policy where my people comes first. Now we have a message from America. I mean some foreign country. I have received a message. The kind of message we have received is not against the PM but it’s against a nation. They say we will forgive Pakistan if Imran Khan goes but if it fails, Pakistan will have to suffer. It’s recorded. It was said if Imran Khan remains the PM, our relationship will deteriorate and you will have to suffer. No reason was stated. They are telling Pakistan as if we are their slaves. Here they have three stooges.”

Mar 31, 2022 18:28 IST

Not Going to Bow to Anyone: Imran Khan​

Imran Khan said, “There was a time when other countries used to learn from us and now I have seen Pakistan being humiliated. When I started in politics, I made it clear that I am not going to bow to anyone and I will not let Pakistan bow down. I am that Pakistani who was best known in India because of cricket. I know America really well. The UK was like second home to me. After two years, the same US who was our friends imposes sanctions on us.”

Mar 31, 2022 18:21 IST

Pak PM Imran Khan Begins Address to Nation, Says 'My Aim Was Justice, Humanity'​

Addressing the nation, Pakistan’s embattled Prime Minister Imran Khan said, “This speech is live, not recorded. I am not from political background. God has given me everything and I am thankful to him. Self respect is sign of an independent nation. Pakistan is only five years older than me. I am from the first generation of country to be born after independence. My aim was justice and humanity and the third one was self-respect.”

Mar 31, 2022 17:45 IST

PM's Address to Nation Gets Delayed as Imran Khan, Shah Mehmood Qureshi Hold Meeting​

Prime Minister Imran Khan and Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi are holding an important meeting, leading to a delay in PM’s address to the nation earlier scheduled for 7:15 pm (local time), reported Pakistan’s Dunya News.

Mar 31, 2022 17:00 IST

Exclusive | Call for Probe, Stress on Oppn Disunity: CNN-News18 Reveals Imran's Crucial Upcoming Speech​

Cornered Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan is not surrendering arms. CNN-News18 has exclusively learnt from sources the content of his crucial speech tonight. While Khan will speak on subjects that he referred to on Sunday, this speech will have more explosive revelations, said sources. The Prime Minister will seek investigations into the sequence of events that has led to his uncertain position, for full clarity and transparency, the said. Read More

Mar 31, 2022 16:49 IST

Pakistan PM Imran Khan to Face No-confidence Vote. Here's How It Works​

Pakistan’s National Assembly session was on Thursday adjourned abruptly till Sunday (April 3) after the Opposition demanded an immediate vote on a no-confidence motion against Prime Minister Imran Khan, who effectively lost the majority in Parliament after Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P), a key partner of the ruling coalition, joined the ranks of the Opposition. Read More

Mar 31, 2022 16:22 IST

Imran Khan, His Family is Corrupt: PML-N's Shehbaz Sharif​

Addressing a presser, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz’s (PML-N) Shehbaz Sharif said, “We have support of 172 members. Has Imran Khan left with any option now? False allegations are being put against Nawaz Sharif. We don’t want to go too low like Imran. Whole nation knows Imran Khan and his family is corrupt. Imran is embarrassing himself in front of the whole nation. I told Imran to present the letter in national assembly. This letter is fake. Imran is facing defeat.”

Mar 31, 2022 15:28 IST

National Assembly Session on No-confidence Motion Against Pak PM Begins​

A crucial National Assembly session on no-confidence motion against Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has begun.

Mar 31, 2022 14:43 IST

Imran Khan Not Going to Resign, Reiterates Party Spokesperson​

PTI Spokesperson Neelam Irshad Sheikh said, “Imran Khan is not going to resign. He had a positive meeting with Army officials yesterday.”

Mar 31, 2022 14:36 IST

Imran Khan Has Lost The Fight: PML-N​

Rana Ihsaan Afzal Khan, a member of Central Working Committee in PML-N, said, “Opposition enjoys the support of 177 members. Over 20 members supporting us. Imran Khan is dragging on. He has lost the fight. Imran Khan does not enjoys majority in the national assembly. He should leave gracefully.”

Mar 31, 2022 14:22 IST

Opposition Will Not Take Back No-trust Motion Against Pak PM: Report​

Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) MNA and Information Secretary Shazia Atta Marri said on Thursday joint opposition will not take back no-trust motion against Prime Minister Imran Khan, reported Pakistan’s ARY News.

Mar 31, 2022 14:20 IST

Imran Khan Offers to Dissolve Assembly If No-confidence Motion is Withdrawn: Report​

Prime Minister Imran Khan has offered to dissolve the assembly if a no-confidence motion against him is withdrawn. According to the sources, an “important personality” has given a message of PM to the Leader of Opposition in National Assembly Shahbaz Sharif, reported Pakistan’s Geo News.

Mar 31, 2022 13:13 IST

Pak PM Imran Khan Summons NSC Meeting Ahead of No Confidence Vote​

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday summoned a meeting of the National Security Committee (NSC), the highest forum for discussion on security issues. The NSC meeting will be held at the Prime Minister’s House, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry tweeted. The NSC is chaired by the Prime Minister and attended by services chiefs, key ministers, national security adviser and top intelligence officials.

Mar 31, 2022 12:58 IST

US Says No Letter Sent to Pak: Report​

The US has asserted that it did not send any letter to Pakistan on the current political situation in the country as it sought to refute allegations of America’s involvement in the no-confidence motion against the Imran Khan-led government, according to a media report on Thursday. Pakistan’s embattled Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday effectively lost majority in Parliament after Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P), a key partner of the ruling coalition, joined the ranks of the Opposition, which had tabled a no-confidence motion against his government in the National Assembly. Khan has been claiming that the Opposition’s no-confidence motion against him was the result of a foreign conspiracy because of his external policy and funds were being channelled from abroad to oust him from power. On Wednesday, the PTI-led government confirmed that its allegation about a foreign conspiracy against the prime minister was based on a diplomatic cable received from one of the country’s missions abroad.

Mar 31, 2022 12:29 IST

Pak PM to Address Nation Tonight, Likely to Resign, Say Sources​

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan is likely to resign in his address to the nation today, sources told CNN-News18 on Thursday. The embattled leader faces a political test as his party has lost majority in the Parliament. Khan, on the other hand, has alleged a foreign plot behind the upheaval in Pak politics.

Mar 31, 2022 12:17 IST

Pakistan Political Turmoil: Parliament Security Meet Today​

A meeting of the Pakistani parliament’s security committee will be held today, sources said, amid Imran Khan’s alleging proof to his claims of a foreign hand being behind the political instability in the country.

Mar 31, 2022 11:59 IST

RECAP | Two ministers quit Imran's Cabinet after ally withdraws support​

Both the members of Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) serving as federal ministers, Farogh Naseem and Aminul Haque, have stepped down from their posts, hours after their party’s announcement to side with the Opposition in the vote of no-confidence against Prime Minister Imran Khan, Geo News reported.
Naseem and Haque submitted their resignations to Prime Minister Khan.
The government has been facing back-to-back blows as the voting day on the Opposition’s no-trust motion nears.
In a major blow to the PTI, the MQM-P on Wednesday decided to desert the ruling party and join hands with the joint Opposition to support the no-confidence motion moved against Imran Khan.

Mar 31, 2022 11:35 IST

RECAP | Pak PM Imran Khan Shares Details of 'Letter' With Journalists​

Prime Minister Khan shared some details from what he called a “foreign conspiracy letter” with senior journalists and cabinet members, asserting that the document was authentic. Khan waved a purported letter at a public rally on March 27 declaring that a foreign conspiracy was afoot to remove him from power, touting the Opposition’s no-confidence motion against him as a testimony of a foreign-funded move to topple his government.
Several Opposition leaders had asked Khan to divulge the details of the letter while denouncing it as an effort to divert pressure and hold on to power. Khan first took the cabinet in confidence on the letter when Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi briefed the participants about it.
It was followed by a meeting of the premier with a group of journalists who were also briefed about it. ARY News channel said that the letter was based on the minutes of a meeting of a Pakistan embassy official with officials of the host country.

Mar 31, 2022 11:22 IST

Pakistan PM to Address Nation Tonight Amid Buzz on 'Foreign Plot' Proof​

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan will address the nation tonight, said state media reports amid buzz of the leader alleging proof to his claims of a foreign hand being behind the political instability in the country.

Mar 31, 2022 10:25 IST

Pakistan Political Crisis: What Troubles Plague Imran Khan Facing?​

Imran Khan, 69, a former captain of Pakistan's national cricket team, lost a parliamentary majority with a series of defections from his party, and a united opposition is calling on him to step down. He has vowed to fight to stay put. Khan has blamed a foreign-funded conspiracy for trying to topple his government. China is a long-time supporter and Pakistan, a traditional ally of the West, abstained from voting as the U.N. General Assembly overwhelmingly reprimanded Russia for invading Ukraine. Nearly 20 defections in Khan's ruling party and cracks in his coalition partners have made him short of the 172 votes, a simple majority, needed to hold on to power. To try to survive, the government announced it would give the post of chief minister of the country's largest province, Punjab, to one of its coalition partners.

Mar 31, 2022 09:46 IST

Pakistan parliament to begin debate of no-confidence in PM Khan​

Pakistan's parliament will on Thursday begin a debate of no-confidence in the leadership of Prime Minister Imran Khan, which could see the former cricket star ousted and the return of political uncertainty in the nuclear-armed country. Khan, 69, has been facing mounting criticism of his performance, including his management of an economy beset by high inflation and rising deficits, and he lost his majority in parliament on Wednesday when a main ally quit his coalition. "The prime minister is as good as gone," the influential English-language Dawn newspaper said in an editorial on the front page of its website. Parliament will begin debate on Khan's leadership at 4 p.m. (1100 GMT). A vote on the motion must be held by Monday. On Wednesday, Khan's main parliamentary ally, the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), abandoned his coalition and threw its lot in with the opposition seeking to oust him.

Mar 31, 2022 08:58 IST

RECAP | Pakistan Opposition Files No-Trust Motion Seeking Punjab Province CM Buzdar’s Removal​

The opposition parties submitted a no-confidence motion against Punjab chief minister Usman Buzdar on Monday in Lahore assembly, people familiar with the developments told CNN-NEWS18. The officials also said that it was an attempt to make the Imran Khan government weaker ahead of the no-confidence vote in the Pakistan national assembly. Earlier in March CNN-NEWS18 said that a power-sharing formula is being discussed for both Punjab and at the federal level. The Pakistan Muslim League-Q (PML-Q), an ally of PTI, has demanded that Chaudhary Pervaiz Elahi, Punjab province assembly speaker, be made the chief minister of Punjab province, replacing Usman Buzdar. READ MORE

Mar 31, 2022 08:13 IST

Imran Khan Likely to Discuss 'Letter' With National Security Committee Meet Today​

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan after having postponed his address to the nation as he discusses the “foreign threat” letter with journalists and military leadership, is likely to discuss the matter in a National Security Committee Meet today, according to reports. Meanwhile, the military leadership is expected to call on Imran Khan any time soon. The PM will likely hold a meeting of the National Security Committee to discuss the letter allegedly containing a foreign threat and received by the PTI government, Samaa TV said.

Mar 31, 2022 07:40 IST

RECAP | Two ministers quit Imran's Cabinet after ally withdraws support​

Both the members of Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) serving as federal ministers, Farogh Naseem and Aminul Haque, have stepped down from their posts, hours after their party's announcement to side with the Opposition in the vote of no-confidence against Prime Minister Imran Khan, Geo News reported. Naseem and Haque submitted their resignations to Prime Minister Khan. The government has been facing back-to-back blows as the voting day on the Opposition's no-trust motion nears. In a major blow to the PTI, the MQM-P on Wednesday decided to desert the ruling party and join hands with the joint Opposition to support the no-confidence motion moved against Imran Khan.

Mar 31, 2022 07:06 IST

RELATED READ | ‘You Import More, Export Less’: China Wants Balanced Trade, ‘Iron Ally’ Pakistan Told​

China’s iron-ally Pakistan has become a cause of economic concern for the former as Beijing asked Islamabad to reduce imports. Addressing an event to mark the beginning of the local assembling of Chinese home appliances brand Midea, the Chinese envoy to Islamabad Li Bijian said that the bilateral trade is highly skewed against Islamabad, news agency Dawn reported. “You import more and export less, even though my government in collaboration with your government is trying to narrow down the trade deficit,” Bijian said that China wants to see more balanced trade. READ MORE

Mar 31, 2022 06:46 IST

RECAP | Imran Khan Loses Majority in Parliament​

Imran Khan has effectively lost majority in Parliament after the MQM-P, a key ally of the PTI-led coalition government, with its seven members announced that it has parted ways with the government during a joint press conference of the opposition parties in Islamabad. Prime Minister Khan needs 172 votes in the lower house of 342 to foil the Opposition's bid to topple him. However, Maulana Fazlur Rehman, chief of Jamiat Ulema-i-Islama Fazl (JUI-F), said that the Opposition has the support of 175 lawmakers and the Prime Minister should resign. It was also announced that Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) president and Leader of the Opposition Shehbaz Sharif would be next prime minister of the country after removal of 69-year-old Khan. "We want to make a new beginning for politics of tolerance and true democracy," MQM-P chief Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui told reporters. "I announce to support the opposition in the parliament." Sharif said that it was an important day as all opposition parties have joined together to address the problems faced by Pakistan. "The premier, even if he is a selected one, should resign to set a new tradition," he said. Another ally of the ruling coalition, the Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) with five members in the lower house had announced on Monday that it had "accepted the opposition's invitation" to vote against Khan.

Mar 31, 2022 06:28 IST

RECAP | Pak PM Imran Khan Shares Details of 'Letter' With Journalists​

Prime Minister Khan shared some details from what he called a "foreign conspiracy letter" with senior journalists and cabinet members, asserting that the document was authentic. Khan waved a purported letter at a public rally on March 27 declaring that a foreign conspiracy was afoot to remove him from power, touting the Opposition's no-confidence motion against him as a testimony of a foreign-funded move to topple his government. Several Opposition leaders had asked Khan to divulge the details of the letter while denouncing it as an effort to divert pressure and hold on to power. Khan first took the cabinet in confidence on the letter when Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi briefed the participants about it. It was followed by a meeting of the premier with a group of journalists who were also briefed about it. ARY News channel said that the letter was based on the minutes of a meeting of a Pakistan embassy official with officials of the host country.

Mar 31, 2022 06:08 IST

Pakistan Minister Rejects Reports About Army Chief Asking PM Imran Khan to Resign​

Fawad Chaudhry compared the current political situation and apparent weakness of the prime minister with the position of the Pakistan cricket team during the 1992 Cricket World Cup. READ MORE

Mar 31, 2022 05:48 IST

Pakistan PM Imran Khan Could Be On His Way Out Within A Week; Shahbaz Sharif To Lead​

People familiar with the developments have said that Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman could be appointed president of Pakistan. READ MORE

Mar 31, 2022 05:26 IST

Imran Khan Won’t Resign, Will Play Till Last Ball: PTI Spokesperson Neelam Irshad Sheikh to News18​

Neelam Irshad Sheikh also said that Pakistani Army chief General Qamar Bajwa & ISI chief Lieutenant General Nadeem Anjum have reached the PM’s house to meet Khan ahead of his address. READ MORE

Mar 31, 2022 05:08 IST

RECAP | Pak PM Imran Khan loses majority after key ally sides with Opposition ahead of no-trust vote​

Pakistan's embattled Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday effectively lost majority in Parliament after a key partner of the ruling coalition joined the ranks of the Opposition, which has tabled a no-confidence motion against his government in the National Assembly. The Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P), a key ally of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf-led coalition government, with its seven members announced that it has parted ways with the government during a joint press conference of the opposition parties here. Prime Minister Khan needs 172 votes in the lower house of 342 to foil the Opposition's bid to topple him. However, Maulana Fazlur Rehman, chief of Jamiat Ulema-i-Islama Fazl (JUI-F), said that the Opposition has the support of 175 lawmakers and the prime minister should resign. It was also announced that Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) president and Leader of the Opposition Shehbaz Sharif would be next prime minister of the country after removal of 69-year-old Khan. "We want to make a new beginning for politics of tolerance and true democracy," MQM-P chief Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui told reporters. "I announce to support the opposition in the parliament." Sharif said that it was an important day as all opposition parties have joined together to address the problems faced by Pakistan. "The premier, even if he is a selected one, should resign to set a new tradition," he said.

Mar 31, 2022 04:55 IST

Pulling The Rug Out: Islamabad High Court Stops Imran Khan from Sharing Contents of 'Secret' Letter​

This comes as a major jolt for the embattled Pakistan Prime Minister as he wanted to use the "evidence" to gather support for himself and gain public sympathy. READ MORE

Mar 31, 2022 04:48 IST

Report Says 'Pakistani Envoy Wrote Threat Letter'​

According to a report by Geo News, Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that a Pakistani envoy posted in a foreign country wrote the memo that he flashed in a rally on March 27 and labelled it "threatening." During a press conference, the prime minister stated that the envoy had sent the letter to Pakistan after meeting with a foreign official, according to sources. Citing sources, Prime Minister Imran Khan stated that the memo was shared with the military leadership and that the tone used in the cable was "threatening."

Mar 31, 2022 04:36 IST

Pak minister rejects reports about army chief asking PM Imran Khan to resign​

Pakistan's Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Wednesday rejected reports about the army chief asking Prime Minister Imran Khan to resign. Chaudhry briefly chatted with the media in Islamabad where he was asked about reports regarding a meeting between Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Prime Minister Khan. "Neither has the army chief asked for his resignation, nor will he resign," the minister said, confirming the meeting between General Bajwa and PM Khan but without giving any details of the key meeting. The army, which has ruled Pakistan for more than half of its 73 plus years of existence, has hitherto wielded considerable power in the matters of security and foreign policy. Chaudhry compared the current political situation and apparent weakness of the prime minister with the position of the Pakistan cricket team during the 1992 Cricket World Cup.

Mar 31, 2022 04:31 IST

Imran Khan Cancels Address to Nation After Meeting With Pak Army, ISI Chiefs | Key Points​

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan needs 172 votes in the lower house of 342 to foil the Opposition's bid to topple his government. READ MORE

Mar 31, 2022 04:30 IST

China Rolls Over $4.2 Billion Debt to Pakistan Amid Crisis​

China on Wednesday acceded to Pakistan's request to rollover a whopping USD 4.2 billion debt repayment to provide a major relief for its all-weather ally, which is reeling under major economic crisis. Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in his meeting with Pakistan counterpart Shah Mehmood Qureshi on the sidelines of the 3rd meeting of the 'Foreign Ministers of Neighbouring Countries of Afghanistan' in China's eastern Anhui province has conveyed Beijing's decision to rollover the debt. In a video message, Qureshi said Wang has conveyed China's decision to rollover Pakistan USD 4.2 billion to enable Islamabad to tide over the current economic crisis.

Mar 31, 2022 04:29 IST

Imran Khan Likely to Discuss 'Letter' With National Security Committee Meet Today​

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan after having postponed his address to the nation as he discusses the "foreign threat" letter with journalists and military leadership, is likely to discuss the matter in a National Security Committee Meet today, according to reports. Meanwhile, the military leadership is expected to call on Imran Khan any time soon. The PM will likely hold a meeting of the National Security Committee to discuss the letter allegedly containing a foreign threat and received by the PTI government, Samaa TV said.

Read more​

the lower house. As soon as the National Assembly session began at the Parliament House, Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri opened the floor for questions. However, opposition lawmakers demanded an immediate vote on the no-confidence motion amid chants of “go Imran go”.
Khan also summoned a meeting of the National Security Committee (NSC), the highest forum for discussion on security issues. The NSC meeting was held at the Prime Minister’s House, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry tweeted. The NSC was chaired by the Prime Minister and attended by services chiefs, key ministers, national security adviser, and top intelligence officials.
The development comes a day after the premier shared a letter – purportedly showing evidence of a “foreign conspiracy” to oust his government – with his cabinet members in a hurriedly called meeting, which was not attended by PTI’s two major allies – Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) and Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) – despite being invited. Khan also called a select group of TV anchors and informed them that “the language of the letter was threatening and arrogant” and that Pakistan would face dire consequences if the no-confidence motion failed. However, the premier did not show the letter to the media, the Dawn newspaper reported.
Khan on Wednesday effectively lost the majority in Parliament after Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P), a key partner of the ruling coalition, joined the ranks of the Opposition, which had tabled a no-confidence motion against his government in the National Assembly.
Meanwhile, the US has asserted that it did not send any letter to Pakistan on the current political situation in the country as it sought to refute allegations of America’s involvement in the no-confidence motion against the Imran Khan-led government, according to a media report on Thursday.
Khan has been claiming that the Opposition’s no-confidence motion against him was the result of a foreign conspiracy because of his external policy and funds were being channelled from abroad to oust him from power. On Wednesday, the PTI-led government confirmed that its allegation about a foreign conspiracy against the prime minister was based on a diplomatic cable received from one of the country’s missions abroad.
This comes after at a public rally in Islamabad’s Parade Ground on Sunday, the Prime Minister claimed that his government had received a “written threat” from outside the country and it was an evidence of a foreign-funded conspiracy against the PTI rule. The letter was sent by Pakistan Ambassador to the US, Asad Majeed Khan after his meeting with the US Secretary of State.
Other reports also claim that the letter was not written by a foreign government but by an Ambassador and contained assessment of bilateral relations between Pakistan and a western country. Journalist Imran Riaz Khan said that the letter hasn’t been shown to journalists but the contents of the letter have been revealed.
“It is a conversation between two officials of Pakistan and the other country, as per my understanding it is the US. The government, however, hasn’t named the country, neither have they shared the number of officials or the meeting venue,” he said. “They didn’t show us the letter as they are bound not to share the details under the law,” he said.
Imran Riaz Khan said that journalists were told that the language used in the letter was “arrogant and threatening”.
It is a document that tells that Americans have threatened that if the no-confidence motion against Imran Khan fails, there would be consequences and if it wins, the US would forgive Pakistan’s mistakes, he said, Samaa TV reported.
There are a few issues in the letter like Pakistan’s stance on the Russia-Ukraine conflict as it was said that Imran Khan decided on his own to visit Moscow, he said adding that the Prime Minister was criticised for his trip to Russia.
About former PM Nawaz Sharif’s involvement in the episode, the journalists were told that opposition held meetings in the west and they created the impression that Imran Khan is anti-US. The letter was also been discussed at an emergency meeting of the federal cabinet on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, China on Wednesday acceded to Pakistan’s request to rollover a whopping USD 4.2 billion debt repayment to provide a major relief for its all-weather ally, which is reeling under major economic crisis.
f
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in his meeting with Pakistan counterpart Shah Mehmood Qureshi on the sidelines of the 3rd meeting of the ‘Foreign Ministers of Neighbouring Countries of Afghanistan’ in China’s eastern Anhui province has conveyed Beijing’s decision to rollover the debt. In a video message, Qureshi said Wang has conveyed China’s decision to rollover Pakistan USD 4.2 billion to enable Islamabad to tide over the current economic crisis.
“I am immensely happy to share that the Chinese FM has given a nod of approval on the rollover of commercial loan as well,” Qureshi was quoted as saying by Pakistan daily Dawn. The USD 4.2 billion debt, which was maturing this week, has been rolled over providing major financial relief to Pakistan, the daily reported.
“The procedural formalities are being completed by relevant authorities. An announcement will be made as soon as they’re sorted,” Qureshi said.
(with inputs from agencies)
Read all the Latest News , Breaking News and IPL 2022 Live Updates here.

The way some people are spewing utter crap is a disgrace, I hope they all eat their words. They are badmouthing the only thing between Indian tanks rolling through their streets...

So the choice is between Indian Tanks rolling in the streets or Amreeki remote colonization...

What good is this military that chooses one type of ghulami over the other...

Watch these generals' kaanpein tang raheen hain, even the retired ones are petrified of their mai baaps...

Back
Top Bottom