What's new

Primary threat to Pak is from within, not India

Tell me ,,how can india dismantle its capability if she have a huge neighbour with enormous capabilties both conventional and neuclear(china) And unlike pak we need to "c" china also, And if one wants india to dismantle its capabilities then it should be done with china too, cause we can't leave ourselvs vulunarable to one neighbour just for the sake of other.

BRIC

Thank you for your post - If China is the adversary as far as India is concerned, why not move these strike formations presently arrayed against the Pakistan border to the China border - see, we really must put our money where our mouth is -- and that's a tough thing to do.

BRIC

Thank you for your post - If China is the adversary as far as India is concerned, why not move these strike formations presently arrayed against the Pakistan border to the China border - see, we really must put our money where our mouth is -- and that's a tough thing to do.

I believe Indian forces are in a 70%/30% split between the Pakistan border and the Chinese border.

So even though the Indian says India is no longer a threat to Pakistan and that China is it's adversary, India in effect places 70 percent of it's forces against the Pakistan border??

So even though the Indian says India is no longer a threat to Pakistan and that China is it's adversary, India in effect places 70 percent of it's forces against the Pakistan border??

Pakistan is nearly a superpower. Indian fear is totally justified.

Instead of snarky sarcasm try discussing why India places most of its forces on the Pakistani border.

Cardsharp, past behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour.. please refer to comment no 93

See that remains the problem, Indian friends want to be seen as "not a threat" but seek to behave in way that belies this assertion - that is to say they are unwilling to put their money where their mouth is and this engenders not just suspicion but mistrust.

Perhaps the day will come when the Indian are willing for their stated intentions to be matched with their deeds.

See that remains the problem, Indian friends want to be seen as "not a threat" but seek to behave in way that belies this assertion - that is to say they are unwilling to put their money where their mouth is and this engenders not just suspicion but mistrust.

Perhaps the day will come when the Indian are willing for their stated intentions to be matched with their deeds.

You seem to be having some trouble comprehending the article. Here, let me help you out.

Let's start with the basics,

Kargil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Big words...and after only 11 years.

Pakistan Admits at last ? Involvement in Kargil wars

I can also post links to the 2001 parliament attacks, 26/11 etc, but the following paragraph should sum it up for you. If you still need help, let me know and I'll spell it out for you.

"More dangerously still, the fixation with the Indian threat has persuaded generations of Pakistani Army and Intelligence chiefs to create or sustain and empower militant Islamic groups, in Hilary Clinton's words as a "hedge" against India. These groups now threaten the integrity and perhaps even the survival of Pakistan itself and function as the most likely mechanism – through atrocities like the Indian Parliament attack in 2001 or the Mumbai attacks of 2008 – of escalation to war between India and Pakistan."

We're only a threat as long as Pakistan continues to turn a blind eye towards the Punjabis/Pathans fighting for 'freedom' in Kashmir and beyond. Instead of wasting our time with disingenuous comments, focus on why your country still follows a policy of confrontation with India when it could very well lead to the deaths of millions.

Spitfire

Is it then your contention that India do constitute the major threat Pakistan faces?

Please do feel free to answer without benefit of Wiki.

It seems you are suggesting that Pakistan started wars, presumably without provocation??

In the end it seems our Indian interlocutors have ended up confirming that they constitute and happily so, the major threat to Pakistan - is this not the exact opposite of what they started put hoping to convince Pakistanis of??

What might wiki have to say about that, you suppose?

Spitfire

Is it then your contention that India do constitute the major threat Pakistan faces?

Please do feel free to answer without benefit of Wiki.

It seems you are suggesting that Pakistan started wars, presumably without provocation??

In the end it seems our Indian interlocutors have ended up confirming that they constitute and happily so, the major threat to Pakistan - is this not the exact opposite of what they started put hoping to convince Pakistanis of??

What might wiki have to say about that, you suppose?

Lol, precisely the response I expected.

Like I said, the ball is in Pakistan's court. You can put two and two together. I know I said I'd spell it out for you and I almost did, but you know what, it just isn't worth it. At the end of the day nothing will change and your country will continue to follow a strategically suicidal path.

edit: Read the highlighted portion of my last post, perhaps that will make things easier for you. In any case you're entitled to your opinions, its not like the situation on the ground is going to change anytime soon.

No need to slink away sulking - we all agree that insurrectionists are a threat, but the proposition we are considering is the assertion that India are not a threat to Pakistan - and here I think you will agree, Indian friends have managed to make a bit of hash of it, won't you agree?

After all if Indian were no longer a threat, then why would they want to continue to develop a capability seen as a threat across the border? Why would they not reposition these strike forces towards what Indians say is their adversary, China?

In any case, Pakistan must remain vigilant, given the proclivity our Indian friends demonstrate, namely of saying one thing and doing the opposite, some would say still with the dagger hidden in the arm pit - but surely that's an exaggeration? Won't you agree?

If India take away its thousands of tanks from Pakistani boarder then Pakistan will have space to move more of its troops too check the internal threats.

But perhaps that's exactly what the Indian do not want to enable - it has served them well to continue to keep the Pakistani armed forces bogged down in the East.

No need to slink away sulking - we all agree that insurrectionists are a threat, but the proposition we are considering is the assertion that India are not a threat to Pakistan - and here I think you will agree, Indian friends have managed to make a bit of hash of it, won't you agree?

After all if Indian were no longer a threat, then why would they want to continue to develop a capability seen as a threat across the border? Why would they not reposition these strike forces towards what Indians say is their adversary, China?

In any case, Pakistan must remain vigilant, given the proclivity our Indian friends demonstrate, namely of saying one thing and doing the opposite, some would say still with the dagger hidden in the arm pit - but surely that's an exaggeration? Won't you agree?

No one's saying India isn't a threat, sure we are. All that's being said is that Pakistan's primary threat comes from 'non state actors' :-)lol:) who could end up sparking a large conflagration with India. In other words, Pakistani inaction against such groups could end up biting it in the back.

There problem here is the Pakistani mindset. Despite all that is happening around you, the debate rages on as to who constitutes the larger threat. Your bias prevents you from seeing that the inherent unpredictability of such groups poses the greatest danger to your nation. Don't you find it a little simplistic and disingenuous to assert that the country responding to such provocations is in fact the larger threat?

About the modernization process, India already has the capability to soundly crush Pakistan in a conventional war. Our enhanced military capability is in line with our strategic ambition of dominating the IOR and deterring China. You really think the F-18's (or whatever else we buy) are meant for Pakistan? The reason most of our assets face Pakistan is precisely because of your government's policy of confrontation. Why don't you give me your perspective on Kargil for a change? In short, those strike forces are only meant to deter your establishment from supporting 'charities' like JuD. India didn't cross the LoC and then pretend like it doesn't know what's going on.

We're increasing our presence on the Chinese side as well, nuclear submarines aren't meant for Pakistan either. As a larger country we're bound to have different threat perceptions and objectives.

Edit: In short, all I'm trying to say is that nation states will clearly act rationally and predictably. The terrorists that your establishment has nurtured for so long on the other hand can land Pakistan in a real pickle, and therein lies your greatest threat. Clean up your mess so the rest of us can go about our business.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom