What's new

Prices of Assault rifles

if the guns are so expensive why cant pakistan ordinance factory make its own assault rifles?

when we can make missiles and nukes
how hard can a assault rifle be?
:pakistan:

Last edited:
if the guns are so expensive why cant pakistan ordinance factory make its own assault rifles?

So what do you think who is manufactoring the guns PA is using...????

Regards,

Sunny

I think he meant of own design, and not license production or copies of others.

So what do you think who is manufactoring the guns PA is using...????

Regards,

Sunny

i meant develop not manfacture under license

do you know the meaning of indigenous?
look it up and then answer my question:azn:

i meant develop not manfacture under license

do you know the meaning of indigenous?
look it up and then answer my question:azn:

Licensed ones are normally modified for local adaptation and POF has done its fair share (according to our standards) of indigenous development.

But a gun from the scratch, set up according to armed forces requirements, requires a lot of capital in research. Nobody is willing to take the step ahead when they can license guns from established foreign manufacturers. Pros and cons on both sides.

POF manufactured rifles are less in the market but better and strong. Pakistani steel is a bit heavier than that of China and Russia but the rifles and pistols manufactured in POF are more efficient and strong in nature. Automatic weapons are not the items to be available in open market and the arms license policy for semi automatic weapons is too complicated and bound to political and administrative approach of an individual so the possession of arms is not encouraged. However in the underground market besides POF, homely Darra and Sialkot made light guns are available. The guns made in Darra are upto the mark or even better than those made in some of the other countries.

i own or should i say our whole family owns 7 AK-47s but we have these in our gaoun in Killah Abdullah

In tribal areas of Pakistan a Klashnikov costs 35 to 50 thousand Pakistani Rupee nowadays.

Those are probably the copies...? As far as I know.. though it is illegal to buy or own assault rifle in Indian Punjab.. it used to go anywhere from 1 lakh to 2 lakh rupees.. and those werent even original kalashnikovs but pakistani copy ak-56s.. 35 to 50 thousand sounds dirt cheap..

I bought last year in Turkey from the black market a silver desert eagle 0.5caliber for about 250TL.(around 125euros.)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom