What's new

President’s Arunachal visit irks China

Tibet historically belonged to China for hundreds of years, AP was never part of any indian kingdoms, hence the need for Simla Accord between the Chinese and the British. There was no India yet.
Going by your logic both Pakistan and Bangladesh should belong to India
There were official agreements which drew boundaries over subcontinent and one should respect that

Where did you get this incredible knowledge from? Most of the NE was part of British India since 1826 Treaty of Yandabo.

British India belongs to British, not India. Myanmar was part of British Raj too. Does it mean India has a claim?

Going by your logic both Pakistan and Bangladesh should belong to India
There were official agreements which drew boundaries over subcontinent and one should respect that

Don't distort my logic. Qing ruled Tibet for centuries. But there was never one sovereign Indian empire that ruled the entire subcontinent. There is no case for Pakistan and BD to be part of India.

In case you are still guessing what the Anglo-Saxons themselves called the region in South Asia that they ruled, here it is: BRITISH INDIA.
Please find a map before 1947 that says British Pakistan and post it here.

British Raj belongs to British, not India. There was neither India nor Pakistan prior to British colonization, there was however an indian subcontinent with several kingdoms and empires.

British Raj belongs to British, not India. There was neither India nor Pakistan prior to British colonization, there was however an indian subcontinent with several kingdoms and empires.

LOL. Found any map of Asia dated before 1947? You need to get better at two things ASAP:
1.your google search capabilities
2.Indian & Tibetan History

@Fattyacids Dude, why do China's boundaries vary so much over the years? Here's a simple animation of it's size through history. I'm sure if every Nation accepted China's logic that historic lands should again be secured in present day, the Mongols must be occupying most of China's Western, Central and Northern areas. And just how far back in History are we talking about here? The Japanese control of Manchuria is part of History too.

China's boundaries over 4000 years

Also, forget India, even Afghanistan and Iran have reason to reclaim large chunks of Pakistan like Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, FATA and Balochistan as they historically controlled these lands.

Indischer, I'm afraid your understanding of China is flawed. Many of what you said are factually incorrect also.

1) Almost all of China's claim is based on the last dynasty, up to 1910, it certainly does NOT go back to thousands years ago.

2) Your mentioning of Mongol is invalid. Up the last days of the last dynasty, they were all under China.

3) Your mentioning of Jap controlled Manchuria is also invalid. Captured territory had to be returned after they lost the war.

4) China boundaries changed frequently because it was one empire that had to continuously fight various nomads throughout it's long history. We even built the Great Wall for defence. (Just look at what happened when the nomads went West)

Chinese empires were quite contented, they were hardly expansionary if you care to read more about Chinese history.

5) The link on China boundaries you provided is incorrect.

Last edited:
British India belongs to British, not India. Myanmar was part of British Raj too. Does it mean India has a claim?
Be rational
When you claim Tibet you say about Chinese rule over the region dating back to thousands of years
and when similar analogy is applied to India(Pakistan/Myanmar/Bangladesh) then you limit your vision to just 200 years.

British India belongs to British, not India.

It's the same for the rest of India and Pakistan as well. Your post that I quoted "When British created India in 1947, NE was not part of India" makes no sense.

LOL. Found any map of Asia dated before 1947? You need to get better at two things ASAP:
1.your google search capabilities
2.Indian & Tibetan History

No required. I know South Asia history. After the decline of Mughals empire, a myriad of kingdoms spread across indian subcont: Maratha empire, Sikh empire, Mughal empire, Nizam of Hyderabad, Tipu Sultan of Mysore. There was not one unified Indian empire.

It's the same for the rest of India and Pakistan as well. Your post that I quoted "When British created India in 1947, NE was not part of India" makes no sense.

It is a fact. NE was not part of India union in 1947, so were many other princely states who were later asked or forced to join the union.

Be rational
When you claim Tibet you say about Chinese rule over the region dating back to thousands of years
and when similar analogy is applied to India(Pakistan/Myanmar/Bangladesh) then you limit your vision to just 200 years.

Be factual. If unsure, read history book.
China's claim on TIbet was based on the LAST dynasty!!!!

Last edited:
It is a fact. NE was not part of India union in 1947, so were many other princely states who were later asked or forced to join the union.

Nothing becomes a fact just because some fattyacids says so on the internet.

Even if you lack the knowledge to argue based on facts, there's no need for personal attack.

You obviously have no knowledge to talk on this issue. Read about the freedom movement in Assam and how it was an integral part of the INC's freedom movement of India at large and then come back. Unfortunately I have no time to argue with someone who values ignorance as much as you do. First educate yourself.

Last edited:
No required. I know South Asia history. After the decline of Mughals empire, a myriad of kingdoms spread across indian subcont: Maratha empire, Sikh empire, Mughal empire, Nizam of Hyderabad, Tipu Sultan of Mysore. There was not one unified Indian empire.

Be factual. If unsure, read history book. China's claim on TIbet was based on the LAST dynasty!!!!
The last dynasty that ruled the region of China, you mean. Similarly, India's claim on Arunachal Pradesh is based on the last empire that ruled India!!!:meeting:

And to be frank, Hinduism has played a major role in the integration of India. Epics like the Mahabharata & Ramayana united the people of the subcontinent in spirit long before the Mauryans first did. Whatever their affinity to regional kings was, their cultural identity always revolved around being a Bharateeya;Indian. This dichotomy, though puzzling to you, was always very natural to us. I take pride in being an Indian AND a Kannadiga. Same goes for every other Indian.
Pakistan isn't different either. They're proud Sindhis, Balochis, Punjabis and Pakistanis at the same time.

The last dynasty that ruled the region of China, you mean. Similarly, India's claim on Arunachal Pradesh is based on the last empire that ruled India!!!
:meeting:

Invalid analogy. China was one empire. There was never one Indian empire that ruled all India, much less AP, which was not part of any Indian kingdom. Not forgetting, all were lost to British. (China ceded some territory but was still a sovereign country)

And to be frank, Hinduism has played a major role in the integration of India. Epics like the Mahabharata & Ramayana united the people of the subcontinent in spirit long before the Mauryans first did. Whatever their affinity to regional kings was, their cultural identity always revolved around being a Bharateeya;Indian. This dichotomy, though puzzling to you, was always very natural to us. I take pride in being an Indian AND a Kannadiga. Same goes for every other Indian.
Pakistan isn't different either. They're proud Sindhis, Balochis, Punjabis and Pakistanis at the same time.

No disagreement on the cultural and religious aspect, India is ancient civilization with a long history, but one country/empire is defined by sovereignty, not culture or religion. The Middle East shares same the culture and religion, but they had different caliphates. Ditto East Asia. Roman empire was a mix mash of different people, but there was only one Roman empire.

Last edited:
You obviously have no knowledge to talk on this issue. Read about the freedom movement in Assam and how it was an integral part of the INC's freedom movement of India at large and then come back. Unfortunately I have no time to argue with someone who values ignorance as much as you do. First educate yourself.

You know anything about Assam? Do these Kingdoms sound Indian to you???
Kamata kingdom, Ahom kingdom, Kachari kingdom, Sutiya kingdom

"Despite numerous invasions, mostly by the Muslim rulers, no western power ruled Assam until the arrival of the British. Though the Mughals made seventeen attempts to invade they were not successful."Assam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I gave you facts, all I get in return was you rant. Educate yourself first.

You know anything about Assam? Do these Kingdoms sound Indian to you???
Kamata kingdom, Ahom kingdom, Kachari kingdom, Sutiya kingdom

"Despite numerous invasions, mostly by the Muslim rulers, no western power ruled Assam until the arrival of the British. Though the Mughals made seventeen attempts to invade they were not successful."Assam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I gave you facts, all I get in return was you rant. Educate yourself first.

India is mixture of different cultures. So there is nothing like Indian sounding Kingdoms.
Agreed India was not ruled by a central emperor but there were individual kingdoms spread all over subcontinent ruled by different dynasties and their ancestor acknowledge themselves as Indians today.
So again going by your logic of China claiming Tibet
Guptas(common north Indian surname originating from Gupta dynasty) should claim region from mid Afghanistan to Myanmar
And Cholas(Tamils) should claim Srilanka

Back
Top Bottom