but yaar, u dont have that close cultural relations with turkey
please, we also read books ere
we also understand cultures of the world

u must be eating gulab jamun, drinking lassi , having golgappe

check if turkey has any of these

and u lost 1970s because we were stronger
all reasons u have writen is just to make urself belive that
India won 1971 by deceit

so that ur self image does not get tarnished in ur own country and belief system

kemalpasa tatlisi or as you call gulab jamun
kemalpasa-tatlisi.jpg

ayran that went to south asia as lassi

Fresh_ayran.jpg

Pakistan enjoys a special relationship with Turkey. Although not a the the same level as we have with China just YET but it is certainly headed that way. With the successful initiation of CPEC and the building of the Pakistan-Iran-Turkey rail link this is only set to grow in the coming years/decades. Everything points to that. Pakistan's future lies with China and the nations West of us. In time everyone will realise this.

without Iran Pakistani-Turkish economic relations will be limited

Try shipping a container from Karachi to Turkey without entering Iran

When Indian Muslims serving under British heard Azaan while fighting Ottomans, they threw a rock with a message. Are you Muslim? They said yes, and the Indian Muslims replied back, then we will fight with you.

I love the Turkish Nation.

Turkey Zindabad!

Salam from Turkey,
As bro mentioned, some Indian muslims who were falsely informed by British about identity of enemy, after hearing call to the prayer coming from enemy lines, realized the enemy is muslim and rejected to fight. (Çanakkale war)

Another rebellion took place in Kut-al-Amare by the Indian Muslims of the 5th Light Brigade. A year after the mutiny in Singapore, in order to occupy Iraq, the 6th Division, composed of Indian soliders - mostly Muslim Pathans - were led by General Townshend who proceeded to Kut-al-Amare by way of Basra to fight against the Turks. The Muslim Pathans who were not reluctant to fight against their Muslim Turkish brethren, gave way to discipline issues causing many to rebel and desert the division. Through reports given by Brigadier Halil Pasa, the soldiers who were invited to the Ottoman army and rebel against the British imperialists, eventually opened fire against the British as a result of their experiences during the battle and thus joined the Ottoman army. (Note Kut-al-Amare war resulted in a great but last victory of Ottoman against British which a whole British army sieged and prisoned)

Indian muslims were very loyal to caliph,
They collected and sent gold to Ottoman during Independence war despite their poverty to support the war costs. This is a very well known fact in Turkey by everyone.

Here is an article about Singapore Mutiny of Indian soldiers, one of the most important events of World War I in Asia and one of the largest pro-Ottoman mutinies of World War I which put British in difficult situation.

dailysabah /world/2015/02/14/remembering-the-ottoman-empires-forgotten-indian-allies

Facing certain death or imprisonment, these Indians risked everything to escape fighting a war they didn’t believe in for colonialists which had occupied their native India for many years.

A Photo here: ***----ilmfeed /why-were-these-indian-muslims-executed-by-the-british-during-ww1/

Salam

The following fields of cooperation from the Turkish side have come out of my mind:
Defense: nothing is off the table. More TOT, joint development and productions.
Consumer goods: already Arcelik is there, and this is just the beginning. Many many more need to invest.
Construction: BOT model for dams (specially high altitude), reservoirs etc.
Industry: automotive parts, food, textiles, construction materials etc.

Bottom-line: Pak economy is like another Turkish economy in the making...

Note: Turkish companies need to leverage CPEC as much as possible. Even if they have a bolt and a nut to spare invest them in CPEC...
There is a possibility of Pilots heading to Turkey due to the shortage there. Then there is the issue of NATO being disbanded because Future President of USA said it repeatedly during his election campaign. Turkey is also concerned regarding the refugee crisis and it seems like the EU would not fulfill her commitment because it is facing internal problems after Brixit.

This trip could be really eventful.

President Erdogan is coming over to increase trade , enhance defence collaboration and a possible CPEC connection through Iran to Turkey. Greater defence links with Turkey is great news for Pakistan. A discussion on Syria. Iraq and the region is also on the table.

I disagree. The turks follow secularism in full spirit. If you are talking about end of discrimination against mullahs and easing the process of education/employment of hijab wearers that is part of the true secular model. Islam itself is fully compatible with secularism.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/pr...eaker.aspx?PageID=238&NID=98392&NewsCatID=338

As noted by the above and a few years ago by the Egyptians when he advocated for Egyptians to adopt secularism too. Erdogan is a staunch secularist. He similarly follows his religion. Religion and secularism are not two polar opposites. Its our useless Islamist/Mullahistic education that makes us view secularism as a threat even though the first person to advocate it was a muslim named Ibn Rushd. Yet the cancer has spread so far in Pakistan that sects like the mutazilite which are muslim renaisance movements are portrayed as heretical. Secularism is completely compatible with Islam and being less or more religious is no conveyor of how secular a person is.

Regardless. I stand by what I said. We have a negative view of secularism so we fail to see where it has been successful. It is the mullahs alone who benefit from the current ultra-religious, orthodox setup and once we realize that all citizens should be equal we will move away from the type of setup we have in Pakistan. Even after years of terrorism some of us fail to realize that the education system and the governance system needs to change into something much more inclusive and much less radical. We have blasphemy laws, hudood laws and a ministry of religious affairs. Something unneeded in a liberal world where the government should have no role in imposing ideology.
In Islam it's Government duty to impose Islamic laws and duty of every Muslim to make sure that happens. Turkey clearly is returning back to its Islamic roots. Erodgan is taking one step at a time to achieve that.

On Topic. I am hoping for some MRAP deal and some VLS equipped Frigates for Navy. Also economic deals

In Islam it's Government duty to impose Islamic laws and duty of every Muslim to make sure that happens. Turkey clearly is returning back to its Islamic roots. Erodgan is taking one step at a time to achieve that.

On Topic. I am hoping for some MRAP deal and some VLS equipped Frigates for Navy. Also economic deals
Come on Zarvan Bey!! You should shoot for much higher!! Why not TFX, AESA, SOM, KORAL, HISAR etc.????!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Zarvan Bey!! You should shoot for much higher!! Why not TFX, AESA, SOM, KORAL, HISAR etc.????!?!
I am hoping all of it. I am also hoping for Tulpar IFV and few wheeled APC. Also Anti Tank weapons specially something similar to USA Javeline. Also hoping for ships with VLS which can fire long range cruise missiles.

I am hoping all of it. I am also hoping for Tulpar IFV and few wheeled APC. Also Anti Tank weapons specially something similar to USA Javeline. Also hoping for ships with VLS which can fire long range cruise missiles.
And, T-129 will be like the icing in the cake...

no yaar never been

maybe will go someday

its better only in terms of standard of living of people than that of India

not in economic terms, technological advancements etc
we way ahead of them
even u guys have a nuclear device and they dont

and India even has a big space programme,

Turkey to me is just like some Middle east country
(though much less per capita )
which has good standard of living
but their achievements end there itself
They are starting their own fifth generation plane while you stuck at 3rdgen tejas .they produce most of their military hardwares etc while india buys .
Their is a reason they are developed country and india is still a 3rd world country.

Back
Top Bottom