President Donald Trump to speak to PM Narendra Modi tonight

TooRave

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
2017_1$largeimg24_Tuesday_2017_102523011.JPG

Washington, January 24

US President Donald Trump will speak to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday over phone, the White House has said.

“The President speaks with Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi,” the White House said as it released Trump’s schedule for Tuesday.

Trump is scheduled to speak with Modi over phone at 1 pm Washington DC time, which is 11.30 pm IST.

With this Modi would be the fifth foreign leader Trump would have spoken with over phone after being sworn in as the US President on January 20.

On January 21, Trump spoke with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexican Premier Pena Nieto.

(Follow The Tribune on Facebook; and Twitter @thetribunechd)

On Sunday, Trump spoke with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and on Monday he had a telephonic conversation with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.

After Trump surprised the world with his historic victory in the November 8 general election, Modi was among the first five world leaders to have congratulated Trump.

During his gruelling election campaign, India is among the few countries in addition to Israel with whom Trump spoke of strengthening ties if elected to power.

At a charity event organised by the Republican Hindu Coalition for the Kashmiri Pandit terror victims and the Bangladeshi Hindu victims in Edison on October 15, Trump, as the then Republican presidential nominee, had praised India’s fast growth rate and Modi’s bureaucratic and economic reforms.

“Under a Trump Administration, we are going to become even better friends, in fact I would take the term better out and we would be best friends,” Trump had told a cheering crowd of Indian-Americans in Edison, New Jersey.

“We are going to have a phenomenal future together,” Trump had said and praised Modi for taking India on the fast track growth with a series of economic reforms and reforming the bureaucracy which, he said, is required in the US too.

“I look forward to working with Prime Minister Modi,” he had said, adding that the Indian leader is very energetic. “India is key and a key strategic ally,” he had said. PTI

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/na...speak-to-pm-narendra-modi-tonight/354689.html

This shows the importance of India in the world stage.

I am afraid Modi will put an idea forward to isolate Pakistan by building a wall all around it
May be..Cause we aren't lucky to have Chinese bricks Chinese workers or zero interest loans.

May be..Cause we aren't lucky to have Chinese bricks Chinese workers or zero interest loans.

you are unlucky in so many other ways, ones you listed are least of your concerns :)

you are unlucky in so many other ways, ones you listed are least of your concerns :)
Throughout the history you have always been in the loser's bracket..You have right to think whatever gives you delight...
Also don't need to worry.Your PM already had conversation even before election..

Interesting....

Modi is second world leader after leader of Israel, whom POTUS is having discussion.

I am afraid Modi will put an idea forward to isolate Pakistan by building a wall all around it
A wall along our western border might not be such a bad thing, you want one along your Afghan border too, right ?

Walls are good, everyone pays for their own wall though, none of that silliness about making the neighbours pay for it. :P

Between US and India, China is the concern and not Pakistan. Probably trade, military alliance against China and may be H1B's could be discussed.

He already talked with PM/Presidents of Mexico, Canada, Israel, Egypt. Modi is the fifth leader he will speak after assuming office.
He spoke with Theresa May too, Trump wants a free trade deal with an independent UK, with the leaders of Mexico and Canada to begin talks on NAFTA, one of his campaign promises to the American people. He spoke with Egypt and Israel to discuss the regional mess and moving their embassy to Jerusalem.

India didn't figure too prominently during his campaign, no major outstanding contentious issues with us here, still good that he's reached out to Modi fairly early into his very long list of countries he wants to make deals with.

They're so different, I hope they can get along, Modi had horrible chemistry with Putin, all awkward and uncomfortable body language. :P

And here's how it went:

Trump: Hello Modi. How are ya?

Modi: Namaste Mr. President. I am fine. Thankyou. How are you?

Trump: Doing great Modi. So you're the fifth prime minister I'm talking to as president and this should tell you how important I think India is for me and for my plans for the future.

Modi: Thankyou Mr. President. it's an honour for me to be speaking with you.

Trump: You know Modi, I see India as a very important variable in America's future plans in the region and I want to make sure that India will stand with US and lend all it's support as and when required.

Modi: Certainly Mr. President.

Trump: So Modi, here's how India fits into our bigger plan. We want unrestricted access to Indian air-space. Logistics support at six of your northern and eastern airbases and three of your south eastern naval basis. We want to set up three monitoring centres in different locations in Northern India and access to all your intelligence data related to China.

Modi: Mr. President, what's in it for us?

Trump: (laughs) You selfish bastard, of course, we take care of China for you.

Modi: Oh great Mr. President. I'm all in and will do whatever is in my power to support your plans.

Trump: One more thing.

Modi: Just ask Mr. President.

Trump: I want to spend a weekend with Priyanka in Taj Mahal. Alone, just the two of us.

Modi: Done Mr. President. I can also make tea for you if that's what you desire.

Trump: Oh shut up Modi. I don't like tea. You can make me a double on the rocks when I visit India in a couple of months.

Modi: Mr. President, one small request.

Trump: Make it quick, haven't got much time. Have to talk to General Bajwa next.

Modi: We want to promote "Make in India" in US and need your support.

Trump: You know what? I'm going to take the first step and Make my next baby in India. I'll use Priyanka for that. I love it. I simply love the idea. Indian exotic beauties being used to make babies in India. Heck, it'll save US economy a lot on the health bill and at the same time US women can concentrate on more economically productive tasks. India's tourism industry will grow a thousand times and it's women will be finally put to some good use. What do you say Modi.

Modi: (silence)

Trump: You there Modi?

Modi: Yes Mr. President. I don't know.

Trump: What do you mean you don't know, you fu%in sh!#. China, just think China. I'll solve all your problems. All of India's problems will be solved. China will eat you alive if I'm not there. I'm your saviour.

Modi: Yes Mr. President. Thankyou Mr. President. I'm going to make you a delicious tea when you come here.

Trump: I just told you I don't like tea you dumb fuc%

Modi: Sorry Mr. President.

Trump: (click) and the line goes dead.

not sure why this is such big news that a channel had to write an article about it!

And here's how it went:

Trump: Hello Modi. How are ya?

Modi: Namaste Mr. President. I am fine. Thankyou. How are you?

Trump: Doing great Modi. So you're the fifth prime minister I'm talking to as president and this should tell you how important I think India is for me and for my plans for the future.

Modi: Thankyou Mr. President. it's an honour for me to be speaking with you.

Trump: You know Modi, I see India as a very important variable in America's future plans in the region and I want to make sure that India will stand with US and lend all it's support as and when required.

Modi: Certainly Mr. President.

Trump: So Modi, here's how India fits into our bigger plan. We want unrestricted access to Indian air-space. Logistics support at six of your northern and eastern airbases and three of your south eastern naval basis. We want to set up three monitoring centres in different locations in Northern India and access to all your intelligence data related to China.

Modi: Mr. President, what's in it for us?

Trump: (laughs) You selfish bastard, of course, we take care of China for you.

Modi: Oh great Mr. President. I'm all in and will do whatever is in my power to support your plans.

Trump: One more thing.

Modi: Just ask Mr. President.

Trump: I want to spend a weekend with Priyanka in Taj Mahal. Alone, just the two of us.

Modi: Done Mr. President. I can also make tea for you if that's what you desire.

Trump: Oh shut up Modi. I don't like tea. You can make me a double on the rocks when I visit India in a couple of months.

Modi: Mr. President, one small request.

Trump: Make it quick, haven't got much time. Have to talk to General Bajwa next.

Modi: We want to promote "Make in India" in US and need your support.

Trump: You know what? I'm going to take the first step and Make my next baby in India. I'll use Priyanka for that. I love it. I simply love the idea. Indian exotic beauties being used to make babies in India. Heck, it'll save US economy a lot on the health bill and at the same time US women can concentrate on more economically productive tasks. India's tourism industry will grow a thousand times and it's women will be finally put to some good use. What do you say Modi.

Modi: (silence)

Trump: You there Modi?

Modi: Yes Mr. President. I don't know.

Trump: What do you mean you don't know, you fu%in sh!#. China, just think China. I'll solve all your problems. All of India's problems will be solved. China will eat you alive if I'm not there. I'm your saviour.

Modi: Yes Mr. President. Thankyou Mr. President. I'm going to make you a delicious tea when you come here.

Trump: I just told you I don't like tea you dumb fuc%

Modi: Sorry Mr. President.

Trump: (click) and the line goes dead.
Lol, so you have an eye on Priyanka .... naughty naughty.. :p:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom