What's new

Preparations on for super-sonic BrahMos testfiring

I think whether brahmos will carry nukes is relevant to any thread on brahmos. I have rested my case afa MTCR is concerned.

Anyway, can any of the seniors here shed some light on this?

^^ I know man!

It is not funny only when it is said by an american!:hitwall:

First, go search how many cruise missiles are there.

Then, find out how many of them are supersonic.

Then compare the list......and you will feel real funny for the rest of the day!
He is a desi and an NRI....non reliable Indian:p

Aaj ka Launch..

ITR_0042-792010.jpg

^^^^^^

Nice paint job.. Like a chess board square checks..

Have a look at this

Now, the propulsion comes from Russia, won't it be a cat II item?

Now, if we put nukes on brahmos, won't Russia be pressurized to stop the co operation?

to restrict their exports of missiles and related technologies

It is a JV. So Russia should not be called exporter, but manufacturer, along with India. We are not importing anything, cause the company is a joint venture.

images

Lots of things are done here too.. In my city of Trivandrum ;):azn:;):azn:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a JV. So Russia should not be called exporter, but manufacturer, along with India. We are not importing anything, cause the company is a joint venture.

What we think Russia should or should not be called does not matter; what matters is the MTCR.

If we both are manufacturers as you say; then why would Russia limit the range to 290km (MTCR can go to hell!)

You yourself are debating about how russia will not increase the range of brahmos to avoid flouting MTCR on another thread. Yet you believe that they will let us put nukes on it ?

Last edited:
What we think Russia should or should not be called does not matter; what matters is the MTCR.

If we both are manufacturers as you say; then why would Russia limit the range to 290km (MTCR can go to hell!)

You yourself are debating about how russia will not increase the range of brahmos to avoid flouting MTCR on another thread. Yet you believe that they will let us put nukes on it ?

You misunderstood me, actually I want to ask what is actual condition. If it is a JV, Russia should not be considered exporter and their should not be any limit. But it is not so, that means Russia is an exporter. So what kind of JV is this. The company is not Indian rather both nations involved. But still limits are there.

You misunderstood me, actually I want to ask what is actual condition. If it is a JV, Russia should not be considered exporter and their should not be any limit. But it is not so, that means Russia is an exporter. So what kind of JV is this. The company is not Indian rather both nations involved. But still limits are there.

Sorry dude, I did not get your point earlier.:cheers:

I think the problem is not with the JV, but that the MTCR somehow includes technology shared through a JV as well.

Assuming that every tech in a missile is developed jointly by two countries, maybe then MTCR can be bypassed. As I said earlier, it's quite a murky situation.

Bottomline is if we feel the need to enhance the range of brahmos; we will find a way to do it ( legally or illegaly)

Edit:- All Major pakistani cities that fall within 300 KM from border will be under imminent threat of Brahmos

Almost each and every major city of pakistan comes under Brahmos range.

The Distance between Lahore Airfield (Punjab,Pakistan) [Airport] and Amritsar (Punjab,India) is : 45.48 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Gurdaspur (Punjab,India) and Gujranwala (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 126.27 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Sialkot (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 41.8 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Islamabad (Islamabad,Pakistan) is : 194.43 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Mingaora (North-West Frontier,Pakistan) is : 238 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Rawalpindi Cantonment (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 193.72 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Peshawar (North-West Frontier,Pakistan) is : 298.92 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Gujrat (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 75.64 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Bhatinda (Punjab,India) and Faisalabad (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 223.78 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Ganganagar (Rajasthan,India) and Multan (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 233.81 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Ganganagar (Rajasthan,India) and Bahawalpur (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 236.52 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Ganganagar (Rajasthan,India) and Shujaabad (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 249.03 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Hyderabad (Sindh,Pakistan) and Lakhpat (Gujarat,India) is : 177.42 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Karachi (Sindh,Pakistan) and Lakhpat (Gujarat,India) is : 210.86 kilometers (km).

Sorry dude, I did not get your point earlier.:cheers:

I think the problem is not with the JV, but that the MTCR somehow includes technology shared through a JV as well.

Assuming that every tech in a missile is developed jointly by two countries, maybe then MTCR can be bypassed. As I said earlier, it's quite a murky situation.

Bottomline is if we feel the need to enhance the range of brahmos; we will find a way to do it ( legally or illegaly)

Our options are broadly two.
Either get out of JV for Brahmos or develop another project for long range.

For option 1 I am not sure if we can still get away with MTCR. I am pretty sure those guys might have thought of various way MTCR can be misused. The same applies anything else proposed on these lines.

Option 2 move the scientist working on Brahmos to that another project (Shaurya) and then develop that as long range. I think this or something similar might already being happening. These JV's just do not have only stated objectives I guess.

We will make it there for sure, given that we are doing a lot in R&D space and has tonnes of funds as against the past. Just wait for 2015 and we will be talking about India in a different level altogether.

Almost each and every major city of pakistan comes under Brahmos range.

The Distance between Lahore Airfield (Punjab,Pakistan) [Airport] and Amritsar (Punjab,India) is : 45.48 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Gurdaspur (Punjab,India) and Gujranwala (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 126.27 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Sialkot (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 41.8 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Islamabad (Islamabad,Pakistan) is : 194.43 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Mingaora (North-West Frontier,Pakistan) is : 238 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Rawalpindi Cantonment (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 193.72 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Peshawar (North-West Frontier,Pakistan) is : 298.92 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Gujrat (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 75.64 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Bhatinda (Punjab,India) and Faisalabad (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 223.78 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Ganganagar (Rajasthan,India) and Multan (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 233.81 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Ganganagar (Rajasthan,India) and Bahawalpur (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 236.52 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Ganganagar (Rajasthan,India) and Shujaabad (Punjab,Pakistan) is : 249.03 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Hyderabad (Sindh,Pakistan) and Lakhpat (Gujarat,India) is : 177.42 kilometers (km).

The Distance between Karachi (Sindh,Pakistan) and Lakhpat (Gujarat,India) is : 210.86 kilometers (km).
So major cities of pakistan,including capital can be annihilated by nuclear warheads,without being stopped...:toast_sign:
So pakistan has to worry about this:what::what:

Our options are broadly two.
Either get out of JV for Brahmos or develop another project for long range.

For option 1 I am not sure if we can still get away with MTCR. I am pretty sure those guys might have thought of various way MTCR can be misused. The same applies anything else proposed on these lines.

Option 2 move the scientist working on Brahmos to that another project (Shaurya) and then develop that as long range. I think this or something similar might already being happening. These JV's just do not have only stated objectives I guess.

We will make it there for sure, given that we are doing a lot in R&D space and has tonnes of funds as against the past. Just wait for 2015 and we will be talking about India in a different level altogether.

This is what we need:

Scramjet programs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Thiruvananthapuram based Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) had designed and ground tested a scramjet in 2005. A press release stated that stable supersonic combustion was demonstrated in ground testing for nearly seven seconds with an inlet Mach number of six. In 2008 a flight test of a full engine (intake, combustion and nozzle) was conducted. It was a suborbital ballistic trajectory based experiment using a two-stage RH-560 sounding rocket. The same method was used by the HyShot program, but this is much cheaper and has shorter test times than the horizontal trajectory used in the NASA X-43 program.

???????????????????????????????????

Back
Top Bottom