What's new

Preparations on for super-sonic BrahMos testfiring

@anathema, can you tell at what altitude it cruises?

depends on the maneuver that a particular missile is configured for -- However the maximum cruise altitude is said to be around 15KM and terminal cruise altitude is around 10 meters.

However the terminal cruise altitude is redudant in case of a steep dive maneuver.

Your definition of an excellent cruise missile is its speed :rofl:; what about the seeker, RCS, guidance and terrain hugging capabilities. Well forget that, you appear to be a very knowledgable person so i will take your word and accept that Brahmos is the best missile in the world. It appears that the Indians have outclassed the Americans by developing the Super Brahmos Missile, after all speed is the only thing that matters RIGHT :D.

Back to the topic, Congratulations to my Indian friends. Soo many Brahmos variants, impossible to remember their designations and features :D.
hahahaha,u think awacs cant intercept ur 0.9mach cruze missile...watever may it have terrain hugging,or kissing...

^^ Why are they testing/developing steep dive ? The only reason that comes to my mind is --

It will also complicate the matters for last ditch missile defence systems.Also, this diving ability means that it will have enhanced penetration of underground targets.

I think they are optimising brahmos to take down vital enemy C&C nodes and other high value targets as much as possible!

Interesting times, these are!:)

depends on the maneuver that a particular missile is configured for -- However the maximum cruise altitude is said to be around 15KM and terminal cruise altitude is around 10 meters.

However the terminal cruise altitude is redudant in case of a steep dive maneuver.

I meant how low does it cruises during mid course/ terminal phase. That is does it lie low wrt enemy radar?

Is India have nuclear weapons with 200 kg:what:
Only thermonuclear weapons will fit that. If that so, we only have partial success in testing that

Thermonukes are heavier than fission ones. A fusion bomb would use a fission one for a trigger.

I meant how low does it cruises during mid course/ terminal phase. That is does it lie low wrt enemy radar?

Terminal phase as i said to be as low as 10 meters. But i believe your question is whether Brahmos is terrain hugging ? I dont believe it is - i.e enemy radars/AWACS will spot it.

The designers i believe must have had two options -- make a terrain hugging sub sonic cruise missile (like Tomahawk or Babur , etc) OR sacrifice the terrain hugging part and make a super sonic missile which will give enemy defences less chances to react especially considering the fact that missiles like these will be used in a saturation attack mode.

A terrain hugging missile to be supersonic will be extremely complex in terms of guidance and avoiding obstacles at such high speeds -- the missile should be capable of sudden maneuvers capable of evading any obstacles. Brahmos in this case is not capable of doing this. Hope this helps.

BrahMos tested in steep-dive mode
CHENNAI: BrahMos cruise missile was successfully test-fired on Sunday and the highlight of the mission was the missile performing a steep dive at a supersonic speed.

After its launch from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur, off Orissa, and reaching a flat trajectory, the missile dived vertically. The missile performed the manoeuvre when it was flying at three times the speed of sound. Normally, a missile comes down gradually. This is a new capability proved by BrahMos, a product of India-Russia collaboration.

This was BrahMos' 23rd flight.

“It was an important mission. For the first time, a cruise missile was tested at a supersonic speed in a steep-dive mode,” said Chief Executive Officer of BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited A. Sivathanu Pillai.

“When you launch a missile, it goes up and reaches a flat trajectory. In this case, the BrahMos dove straight down from its flat trajectory while cruising at a supersonic speed,” he said.

ITR_0041.JPG

But ur cruze missile will be intercepted and destroyed in mid air...with the help of AWACS and su-30MKI....cause ur cruze missile speed is 0.9Mach...:flame::flame::flame:
Thats where your knowledge stops and your fanboy mind take over.....

Replying to you will turn this thread again to Babur V Brahmos.

So stay happy with brahmos best cruise missile.

:wave:

Terminal phase as i said to be as low as 10 meters. But i believe your question is whether Brahmos is terrain hugging ? I dont believe it is - i.e enemy radars/AWACS will spot it.

The designers i believe must have had two options -- make a terrain hugging sub sonic cruise missile (like Tomahawk or Babur , etc) OR sacrifice the terrain hugging part and make a super sonic missile which will give enemy defences less chances to react especially considering the fact that missiles like these will be used in a saturation attack mode.

A terrain hugging missile to be supersonic will be extremely complex in terms of guidance and avoiding obstacles at such high speeds -- the missile should be capable of sudden maneuvers capable of evading any obstacles. Brahmos in this case is not capable of doing this. Hope this helps.

This is what I wanted to know ! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom