What's new

Precision Hit from 40 Miles Away

Ivan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
"In March 2020, U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground demonstrated a dramatic stride in extending the range and precision of artillery fires. Visitors witnessed two separate test fires of both the Excalibur precision guided munition and the XM1113 rocket-assisted high explosive projectile from a Prototype 0 XM 1299 self-propelled howitzer. Both Excalibur projectiles achieved a 65 kilometer precision hit, and both XM 1113 projectiles achieved a 65 kilometer range. The performance of the XM 1299, outfitted with a 58 caliber tube on a PIM chassis with loader assist, was the centerpiece of the test. (U.S. Army video)"

Are these guided projectiles?
Yep.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M982_...113_rocket-assisted_high_explosive_projectile
m982_excalibur.jpg

this is interesting but the target was not moving...
Few years back i saw a video where US or some other country was testing bullets that followed moving targets.....

this is interesting but the target was not moving...
Few years back i saw a video where US or some other country was testing bullets that followed moving targets.....
You mean something like this.

The only sucky thing about this is that the payload is very much reduced from straight up conventional 155mm. :-(

t

Thats artillery
i am talking about a bullet fired by Rifle or sniper....
This video is referring to your statement about artillery rounds hitting a moving target as you mentioned that it was stationary.

Back
Top Bottom