What's new

Prahaar-new short-range tactical missile

If Prahar is an spin off of AAD missile then we can assume that the SAM version "ASHWIN" will have a range of 150+ km and Supersonic (Mach 4.5)...The surface - surface version may have subsonic speed due to the heavier warhead...If u carefully look at Prahar pics available in Google...in one of them an navy officer is keenly observing the missile system...so one might speculate this missile may also have navy version (ship Launched)....if are able to make the air launched then it will be our complete next generation missile....
NO. Even if its a spin-off you cant say AAD can have the same range. ITs simple physics.The forces that acts on a body cruising upwards tend to encounter more `g` than compared to the ones cruising in a level flights.Hence the required amount of thrust is more for SAM`s than the SSM`s.This has a trade-off in ints range.

For eg: Akash having a 30km range in its SAM role can have 40-50km range in its SSM role or 70+ km in its ADM role.
SSM`s have to enounter g forces during launch. And once reached certain designated altitude and follows horizontal trajectory they only have kinetic energy and the potential energy is ZERO.
Also due to law of conservation of energy, the conservated PE during limited altitude ascent will benifit KE during curing phase. Hence the bosy will be able to achieve more velocity than compared to SAM role unless there is no restriction in reaching the peak speed,if restricted the conservative energy will be used to increase its range.

It was said that Shaurya has its ship launched version( K-15?). either K-15 or shaurya itself has got a naval role. It would be more reasonable to have Shaurya on IN front line ships than this Prahaar.

Last time I heard some noices that shaurya was tested with new seeker for surgical strike role and a possible anti-ship role too. I posted the same a couple of pages ago.
Small heads-up: Not all shaurya test flights have been notified.

Actualy the Shaurya has been tested many times if you count the K 15 tests.Both have same range,payloads,dimentions and both works in the same silo/canister launch principle.
REGARDS....

I just dont understand Indian defence/ DRDO ....why announce of a impending test ?? Whats to gain from it ? Why all this publicity ? First you conduct the tests and then push out the news !!! We should look upto chinese in these regard....looks DRDO is publicity hungry everytime....

I just dont understand Indian defence/ DRDO ....why announce of a impending test ?? Whats to gain from it ? Why all this publicity ? First you conduct the tests and then push out the news !!! We should look upto chinese in these regard....looks DRDO is publicity hungry everytime....

Do not be so naive.

India always notify neighboring countries few days before conducting a missile test. DRDO announced about Prahar just few days before the test.

What is omni-directional warhead? Anybody? :police:

Do not be so naive.

India always notify neighboring countries few days before conducting a missile test. DRDO announced about Prahar just few days before the test.

Missile is going to be tested on 17th of July...I have been around here long enough to know the missile notification treaty between Indo-Pak...but the point is why publicize the news in the media...what is there to gain ? You do the test and then announce to the world about the news of the missile...We followed the procedures for the K-series & it worked out quite well.

Do not be so naive.

What is omni-directional warhead? Anybody? :police:

Only ballistic missile tests falls under the mutual announcements.Not the cruise missiles(hypersonic or supersonic).
MOD has his own reasons for making each and every development public, letalone when the same project has been published couple of years back.HEnce the concerned citizens might be wondering where the hell is their hard earned money going to??
Though MOD has to notify manythings in public, it still retains the liberty of keeping projects under cover.Hence its MODs call whether to blow the horn or not. My guess is that,since pak has tomtommed its 60km tactical missile,MOD is doing this.

And for Omni-directional warhead,
Omni means multi... If the same radar terminology is used, it distributes its power in all directions equally.

But AAD and PAD does have the omni directional warheads. But they do that in a contained scenario. Usually the warhead is able to project all its detonated power in one direction.But the whole arrangement is placed on a gimball.Providing it the ability to detonate in any direction of need. This way it increases the lethality.

Only ballistic missile tests falls under the mutual announcements.Not the cruise missiles(hypersonic or supersonic).
MOD has his own reasons for making each and every development public, letalone when the same project has been published couple of years back.HEnce the concerned citizens might be wondering where the hell is their hard earned money going to??
Though MOD has to notify manythings in public, it still retains the liberty of keeping projects under cover.Hence its MODs call whether to blow the horn or not. My guess is that,since pak has tomtommed its 60km tactical missile,MOD is doing this.

And for Omni-directional warhead,
Omni means multi... If the same radar terminology is used, it distributes its power in all directions equally.

But AAD and PAD does have the omni directional warheads. But they do that in a contained scenario. Usually the warhead is able to project all its detonated power in one direction.But the whole arrangement is placed on a gimball.Providing it the ability to detonate in any direction of need. This way it increases the lethality.

Little correction bro.AAD does not have a omni directional warhead,infact it does not even have a warhead,instead it depends on kinetic energy for a direct hit to kill principle just like american THAAD.
REGARDS....

What i am suspecting is that the images which are published as Prahar form defence expo... are not exactly Prahar but of Nirbhay....Bcoz Dr.Sarsawat said Prahar will be having 3 missile but the pic has 4...

CombinedPrahar.jpg

I suspect it Nirbhay from the pic bcoz....It has a booster at the end in canister and just above booster we can see fins for control, which is present in many of the cruise missile around the world...

prahar1.jpg

Another major reason to suspect it bcoz, any country wants to match its adversary. Pakistan has Baur missile which is quadruple launcher, so DRDO also wanted to make a quadruple launched Nirbhay...

babarcruisemissleatidea.jpg

And the major reason to suspect is bcoz, many reliable sources who have visited Defence Expo 2010 are saying it is not Prahar but Long Range Cruise Missile and it was discussed in "BHARAT RAKSHAK FORUM". But the only other journalist who claim it as Prahar is PARSUN Chor GUPTA and he states it has 3 missile. He such a idiot bcoz any person having good eyeballs can say it has 4 missile....i have posted in his blog...but he has removed my comment...and still maintains that it as Prahar...But one has to wait till JULY 17th to verify....In some other forums ppl are saying L&T were told not disclose anything about the Launcher at the defence expo...

Missile is going to be tested on 17th of July...I have been around here long enough to know the missile notification treaty between Indo-Pak...but the point is why publicize the news in the media...what is there to gain ? You do the test and then announce to the world about the news of the missile...We followed the procedures for the K-series & it worked out quite well.

Other countries should know before the test mean it is open to the media. Not just Pakistan Bangladesh Srilanka and Indonesia also get notified.

Because they never get teh credit of anything they developed :lol:
So let them have their fun...Its sad and silly both...

Other countries should know before the test mean it is open to the media. Not just Pakistan Bangladesh Srilanka and Indonesia also get notified.

What for?
What do they have to do if we test a missile?

Copycatting Pakistan's advanced missile Nasr. Do not try to follow us you will be devastated like USSR devastated by Amrica. Try to build your economy. This is better for you.

Back
Top Bottom