What's new

Prahaar-new short-range tactical missile

don't they look like cruise missiles i mean blunt nose and all, i thought it was a model of nirbhay launch system on display.

So far speculation is it the Prahaar. We better wait till 17th July. Just two weeks. :)

No doubt it's a great system but I think it can't replace a mbrl due to its higher cost.Its range should have been 250-300 km in order to counter the chinese strategic MBRLs.
REGARDS....

The range may be increased later but its cost is low, which is repeatedly mentioned by Dr. Saraswat. You can see that single launcher having six missiles. It will not replace MRBL but it wll fill the gap as well as much more accurate.

"Stating that the DRDO-developed missile was cost-effective, Dr. Saraswat said that only a few would be required to cause devastation equivalent to that produced by several unguided rockets."

This is not a true tactical nuke.... just look at tht picture.......Plus the range of 150 km suggests tht the nuclear fallout would be much more n not so accurate thn NASR(Victory)........Its in the same league of a short range ballistic missile.

This is not a true tactical nuke.... just look at tht picture.......Plus the range of 150 km suggests tht the nuclear fallout would be much more n not so accurate thn NASR(Victory)........Its in the same league of a short range ballistic missile.
SO..higher the range, less the accuracy? But isnt this the reason why a missile has a guidance system?

same is applicable to to nasr too

Nope it doesnt....... it is much more mobile n accurate...... With a range of 60Km(can be extended) it is much more capable... n minimizes its fallout on the specific targets instead of bigger areas thus more risks of c
collateral damage.

Plus its still under development... lets see if its a success or ...

The same bizarre logic! How it is much more mobile and how it is much more accurate? What is it's CEP and guidance? Smerch can attack tanks upto 90km away. Prithvi can reach 350 km with single digit in meter accuracy! :lol:

Prahaar is a VLS system. Quick reaction, 2/3 minutes. High accuracy. I think DRDO will go for FOG/ MEMS gyro INS which are developed recently.

Yes,I also think that DRDO should use FOG in new missiles.It is much more accurate than the RLG.By the way,don't you think that Prithvi is becoming obsolete and should be replaced by Agni1s or Shaurya hybrid missiles?

Yes,I also think that DRDO should use FOG in new missiles.It is much more accurate than the RLG.By the way,don't you think that Prithvi is becoming obsolete and should be replaced by Agni1s or Shaurya hybrid missiles?

Prithvi is an excellent missile, mature platform, highly accurate, reliable and might be in service till 2020. Its always been a testbed for newer technologies.

Prithvi is an excellent missile, mature platform, highly accurate, reliable and might be in service till 2020. Its always been a testbed for newer technologies.

Yeah but,don't you think 8 hours of preparation time is slow??Agni has a preparation time of just 20 minutes.

After 2020 prthvi will never go waste,
ABM's and new missiles will be developed from it.

Well I found this,

the three sucessfull tests of the hypersonic cruise missile,we validated different parameters including thermal stability at different hypersonic speeds,manueverability with different warhead configerations and types with high accuracy in what your call as CEP(circular error probablity).The confidental team which planned for a unique testing of an unique missile discovered an distint potential of the missile.Tested with an entirely different guidance and seeker,the missile offers an unique advantage in its surgical strike role with a speed of over Mach 5 at over 2100km range.Its intelligent flight control and guidance system plans its own flight path to evade air defences of enemies.This established the missiles extreme manueverability at extreme speeds.The buyoant team is exploring the possibilities of integrating the missile onboard a naval ship.Recently the navy envinced its interest in the missile as a possible option for its P-15B destroyers for long range strike role.After the navy`s interest plans are underway to accomodate a 4 number missiles into a quad canister.Depending on the availability of space,the number of quad packs that go onto the ships will be determined.
Yes the team was so proud of...............
developing such an unique system which can now be put into production for strategic nuclear command and navy on the same lines of Brahmos except the fact that this one is nuclear capable.We are currently exploring the possibility of putting it into serial production from 2013 after few more tests of both nuclear warhead carrying varriants and surgical strike role ones.
http://forums.bharat-/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5573&p=920455#p920455

15022010807.jpg

Guys,please come back to the topic at hand!This is a wonderful development,and this thread must continue!
@Mods-Please do not lock the topic!

Back
Top Bottom