What's new

Prahaar-new short-range tactical missile

@FireMaster-Bro,The Prahaar is launched in a Salvo(6 missiles) So,before the enemy can say "Oh Sh*t",there will be six missiles carving a "He he he" out of the ground around him!............P.S-Discount the 6 letter poetic words :P and wild fan boy-ism:bunny:

It is awesome to have such a missile but the range should be increased to 250-300 km so that need of very long range MBRLs can be fulfilled

Yes. Its needed to feel the range between

40 km Pinaka
90 km Smerch
150 Prahaar
300 km Brahmos
350 km Prithvi
750 km Shaurya

I think this missile will be extensively used during the war. Waiting for more technical details from the news.

But this anger I cannot hide, many people visited DEFEXPO last year but none of them except one guy cared to take a pic of the new sleek missile system!!! :angry: I thought its Nirbhay!!

@FireMaster-Bro,The Prahaar is launched in a Salvo(6 missiles) So,before the enemy can say "Oh Sh*t",there will be six missiles carving a "He he he" out of the ground around him!............P.S-Discount the 6 letter poetics:P

I was saying with chinese in view because they have 300 - 400 Km range mbrls targtted at India

New short-range missile test July-end

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a new tactical short-range missile which has greater accuracy than the unguided missiles currently being used by the Indian Army.

Called Prahar, the missile has a range of 150 km. Six missiles can be loaded on to a single launcher, making it more cost-effective than others, said V.K. Saraswat, defence department secretary and DRDO director-general.
The Prahar system can tackle multiple targets and allows a mix of different kinds of missiles to be used from a single launcher. The missile will be tested for the first time at the end July, Mr Saraswat said.
Prahar will fill the gap between the Pinaka and the Russian-made Smerch, and the larger missiles.
The Pinaka, also produced by the DRDO, is a multiple-rocket launcher system. The missile has a maximum range of 40 km, and the system, mounted on a truck, can fire 12 rockets in 44 seconds. Smerch has a range of 90 km.
Being multi-directional and auto loading in nature, Prahar will be extremely useful in emergency situations. Its launch time is estimated to be two to three minutes and no preparation is required. Also, the technology being used on the Prahar is indigenously available and under manufacture in India. This helps in making Prahar cost effective, said Mr Saraswat.
The Prahar will come on a platform with excellent mobility, Mr Saraswat said. The DRDO is in talks with the Indian Army for the introduction for the missile. He said the Prahas has potential for use by the Indian Air Force as well.

New short-range missile test July-end | Deccan Chronicle

Yes. Its needed to feel the range between

40 km Pinaka
90 km Smerch
150 Prahaar
300 km Brahmos
350 km Prithvi
750 km Shaurya

I think this missile will be extensively used during the war. Waiting for more technical details from the news.

But this anger I cannot hide, many people visited DEFEXPO last year but none of them except one guy cared to take a pic of the new sleek missile system!!! :angry: I thought its Nirbhay!!

who was that one . do you have pic of this sleek missile

@Firemaster-Completely agreed,but this tactical missile might have a rocket twin!

who was that one . do you have pic of this sleek missile

dude i am talking about this pic. already posted in the first page... no other pic available.

CIMG2863.JPG

Being multi-directional and auto loading in nature, Prahar will be extremely useful in emergency situations. Its launch time is estimated to be two to three minutes and no preparation is required. Also, the technology being used on the Prahar is indigenously available and under manufacture in India. This helps in making Prahar cost effective, said Mr Saraswat.
The Prahar will come on a platform with excellent mobility, Mr Saraswat said.

Dr. Saraswat talking about being multi-directional and cost effective repeatedly. I think its a low cost missile with massive production line.

Multi-directional advantage due to VLS unlike Pinaka or Smerch which are inclined launched.

dude i am talking about this pic. already posted in the first page... no other pic available.

CIMG2863.JPG

Ok I want to ask a different question
We have 20km grads
40km pinaka 90-120 km smerch and now this 150 km sleek rocket'
then what is the need of 155 mm towed and self propelled howitzers
These all rockets can be used as artillery.

@FireMaster-Bro,The Prahaar is launched in a Salvo(6 missiles) So,before the enemy can say "Oh Sh*t",there will be six missiles carving a "He he he" out of the ground around him!............P.S-Discount the 6 letter poetic words :P and wild fan boy-ism:bunny:

Wild Fan boyism does wild things:lol::P

Ok I want to ask a different question
We have 20km grads
40km pinaka 90-120 km smerch and now this 150 km sleek rocket'
then what is the need of 155 mm towed and self propelled howitzers
These all rockets can be used as artillery.

Artillery costs much much less than any of these missiles. Many technologies also improved the accuracy of artillery though not anything like Pinaka or Smerch. Artillery is extremely important in very short ranges like less than 15 km etc. But in modern warfare such short range cost effective missiles gaining edge. India is developing a 20/25 km surface-to-surface missile.

Here is another pic of the launcher with four missiles. The launched built by L&T.

Credit: sayareakd

15022010807.jpg (image)

Prasun sengupta as usual copied another person's pic to his blog! :rolleyes:

Here is another pic of the launcher with four missiles. The launched built by L&T.

Credit: sayareakd

15022010807.jpg (image)

Prasun sengupta as usual copied another person's pic to his blog! :rolleyes:

don't they look like cruise missiles i mean blunt nose and all, i thought it was a model of nirbhay launch system on display.

No doubt it's a great system but I think it can't replace a mbrl due to its higher cost.Its range should have been 250-300 km in order to counter the chinese strategic MBRLs.
REGARDS....

Back
Top Bottom