What's new

Prahaar-new short-range tactical missile

Prithvi is a disaster for Indian armed forces strategically. We should replace them as quickly as possible because they are too huge for a 300km range BM. Its too difficult to transfer them under the radar. Prithvi was our first so everybody understands it but now we need Prithvi NG which should be smaller, light weight and smarter or we should eliminate this missile from our arsenal.

i would agree that prithvi-1 was didn't work out as intended.
but,other variants were succesfull na?

Guys,angeldemon is partially right.Prithvy is not a disaster as he told because armed forces are using it.
But rest of his coments are true.It is too big and heavy for its range.It is liquid fueled,so mobility and reaction time is by far compromised.It takes 8 damn hours to prepare so its strategic value is zero at best.And someone here told that it has latest anti bmd systems-well,I will just say that was a bs.It is the oldest of our missiles so how can it be anti bmd capable????It seems there are fanboys a little too many here.Even the indian armed forces have deployed them with conventional warheads,that alone describes its obsolesence.
REGARDS....

Guys,angeldemon is partially right.Prithvy is not a disaster as he told because armed forces are using it.
But rest of his coments are true.It is too big and heavy for its range.It is liquid fueled,so mobility and reaction time is by far compromised.It takes 8 damn hours to prepare so its strategic value is zero at best.And someone here told that it has latest anti bmd systems-well,I will just say that was a bs.It is the oldest of our missiles so how can it be anti bmd capable????It seems there are fanboys a little too many here.Even the indian armed forces have deployed them with conventional warheads,that alone describes its obsolesence.
REGARDS....

Prithvi II is solid fueled and highly mobile.

This missile has come out of the blue. And even more surprising is that i never heard abt the company ACIL before.

I wonder how many diff. weapons and other state controlled defence companies are out there abt which we still dont know!

Prithvi II is solid fueled and highly mobile.

Oh come on!Don't make yourself a joke.Everyone know that only the Dhanush is solid fueled.Prithvi 2 is liquid fueled and can be moved only by rail.It takes almost half a day to make it ready.Huh....quick reaction,anti bmd my foot.You are no more than just a regular fanboy.
REGARDS....

Prithvi is a disaster for Indian armed forces strategically. We should replace them as quickly as possible because they are too huge for a 300km range BM. Its too difficult to transfer them under the radar. Prithvi was our first so everybody understands it but now we need Prithvi NG which should be smaller, light weight and smarter or we should eliminate this missile from our arsenal.
The unbolded part makes sense. But a missile will be termed as a "disaster" when it's guidance, tracking system etc etc are are utter crap and it's CEP is huge. The CEP of prithvi is in single digit accuracy close to zero. Prithvi has been modified into prithvi 2 which is more reliable compared to it's previous versions. Only issue with prithvi is the fuel. It is a liquid fuelled missile. Last time when I had a chat with a DRDO scientist, he said that work was underway to make it solid fuelled as in case with Dhanush. So, next time try to choose your words a bit wisely.

"Prahaar" - Strike ... name's very apt !

Way to go DRDO !! :cheers:

It would nicely complement Prithvi along with Smerch / S-300 / Pinaka / Grad MBRL batteries in the battlefield.

What?S 300?Why did you put S 300 in that list??Don't you know that it's a long range SAM,not a strike weapon.And can you provide a source/article other than the wiki which states that our armed forces use S 300.Because as far as I remember,we had evaluated the S 300PMU2 in late 90's.But it failed and we rejected it.Now we don't need the S 300 anymore as our AAD is better than that outdated system.
REGARDS....

What?S 300?Why did you put S 300 in that list??Don't you know that it's a long range SAM,not a strike weapon.And can you provide a source/article other than the wiki which states that our armed forces use S 300.Because as far as I remember,we had evaluated the S 300PMU2 in late 90's.But it failed and we rejected it.Now we don't need the S 300 anymore as our AAD is better than that outdated system.
REGARDS....

No, he is right.

India has S-300 installed to protect extremely vital installations.

Now dont ask for links for everything bcoz you will never get them.

Well its not about what you think, its what every defence analyst says. It is too huge to transfer and considering its short range we have to move it more in comparison to other Agni's. Due to this movement it can be very easily spotted. If you look at the other missiles in its category, they are compact and light. You cannot make out that a ballistic missile is being transferred.

Pandora yaar i didn't expected this from you...

What do you mean by mobile ? Its too bulky in its category of missiles and hence hard too transport and can be very easily spotted which i don't think any nation wants. Long range missiles can very easily be fired from deep inside our territory but missiles like Prithvi has to be moved closer to the border and considering its size it is strategically disadvantageous.
As far as anti BMD counter measure is concerned we don't need longer range missile for that purpose and thats why we used Prithvi as there was no other option in this category and Prithvi was in service long before it was decided to use it in BMD program . New Prithvi are smarter missiles which are being used in BMD countermeasure but for that purpose the size and weight of missile doesn't matter alot as we won't be moving those missiles here and there. But most of the Prithvi in our forces are Prithvi 1 and they are decent but accurate missiles. Prithvi 2 and 3 are good but even they have the problem of being too bulky.

A short range BM missile should be small and light and which should be easily transported without raising ears of our enemy because these missiles have to travel more in comparison to other longer BM.

Guys its not just my opinion but most of the defence analyst also thinks the same and if you will read it carefully you will also understand

would you prefer 'shaurya small class'. well not expert tosay but prithvi keep thrust till last second without stopping engine oncrease range. advantages of liqied fuel is more as disadvantages too. well its bulky but not bilky monster.

The unbolded part makes sense. But a missile will be termed as a "disaster" when it's guidance, tracking system etc etc are are utter crap and it's CEP is huge. The CEP of prithvi is in single digit accuracy close to zero. Prithvi has been modified into prithvi 2 which is more reliable compared to it's previous versions. Only issue with prithvi is the fuel. It is a liquid fuelled missile. Last time when I had a chat with a DRDO scientist, he said that work was underway to make it solid fuelled as in case with Dhanush. So, next time try to choose your words a bit wisely.

Yeah,you are right.I told the same.Prithvi was a capable missile but it has become by far obsolet now.The reason they are still in use because of their accuracy(not single digit cep) and due to the fact that pakistan does not posses an ABM shield as of now.
REGARDS.....

REGARDS....

As far as my knowledge goes , India bought six S-300 batteries in August 1995 for $1 billion ( S-300PMU-2 version ) , consisting of 48 missiles per system.

Though there is a wiki link for the same , not all military sales have to be in the public domain.

REGARDS....

FantStic as forever u r. but new word is added into dictionary "Regular Fan Boy".(RFB)

Oh come on!Don't make yourself a joke.Everyone know that only the Dhanush is solid fueled.Prithvi 2 is liquid fueled and can be moved only by rail.It takes almost half a day to make it ready.Huh....quick reaction,anti bmd my foot.You are no more than just a regular fanboy.
REGARDS....

Well that is my bad....and where did I say anti-BMD and all? Dont jump just because you were right for once...

Yeah,you are right.I told the same.Prithvi was a capable missile but it has become by far obsolet now.The reason they are still in use because of their accuracy(not single digit cep) and due to the fact that pakistan does not posses an ABM shield as of now.
REGARDS.....
Then what is Prithvi's CEP? Can you shed some light on it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom