PPP, PML-Q finalise power-sharing deal

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
PPP, PML-Q finalise power-sharing deal

* Taseer, Elahi meet at Governor’s House
* Discuss district nazims’ complaints against Punjab government
* Nazims to meet president after his return from foreign tour

LAHORE: The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) have finalised a power-sharing deal in Punjab, but will announce the pact at ‘an appropriate time’, a private TV channel reported on Tuesday.

Citing unnamed sources in the PML-Q, the channel said the party has decided to form an alliance with the PPP ‘if the need arises’, after its efforts for the reunifications of the various factions of the Muslim League failed.

Earlier on Tuesday, Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer and former Punjab chief minister Pervaiz Elahi met at the Governor’s House. Sources privy to the talks told Daily Times the two leaders decided that representatives of district nazims of Punjab will meet President Asif Ali Zardari over the Punjab government’s alleged interference with the district governments.

They said Elahi hailed the governor’s support for the nazims and Taseer assured him he would arrange their meeting with Zardari as soon as the president returned from a foreign tour.

But a private news channel said they also discussed a political strategy in case the Supreme Court decides against the Sharif brothers in their electoral eligibility case.

A three-member bench of the Supreme Court is hearing the case of the electoral eligibility of the Sharif brothers. The counsel for Nawaz Sharif’s proposer was giving arguments on Tuesday when the court time ended. The proceedings were adjourned for today (Wednesday).

Citing unidentified PML-Q leaders, the channel said the governor had offered the slot of chief minister to the former ruling party in case Shahbaz is disqualified.

The channel also said 23 district nazims from Punjab would meet President Zardari on February 7.

Pervaiz Elahi’s son Moonis Elahi was also present in the meeting, which is being seen as a significant event in the context of the current political situation.

Talking to a private TV channel after the meeting, Moonis said they had only discussed the issue of ‘harassment’ of the district nazims by the Punjab government. “Efforts are being made to destroy the system,” he told the channel, adding that the governor had assured them he would discuss the issue with the president.

Moonis said he was not keen on becoming the chief minister of Punjab, adding that his party only wanted political stability in the province. daily times monitor/afnan khan

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2009\02\04\story_4-2-2009_pg1_1

:wave::wave: Nawaz Sharif.

:wave::wave: Pakistan.

All Munafiqs and Corrupt people without any Moral Principle will Unite together and Rule Pakistan.

They will eat the whole economy of Pakistan, Swiss Banks be ready your Recession time is over now say Thanx :cheers: to Zardari and Party :enjoy:.

:wave::wave: Nawaz Sharif.

:wave::wave: Pakistan.

All Munafiqs and Corrupt people without any Moral Principle will Unite together and Rule Pakistan.

They will eat the whole economy of Pakistan, Swiss Banks be ready your Recession time is over now say Thanx :cheers: to Zardari and Party :enjoy:.

PPP and PML-Q will only unite to rule Punjab because PPP knows PML-Q is the ruler of Punjab province and cant do anything about that. theres no power sharing with PML-Q involved in other provinces.

Thank God. Now there is an opportuntiy to getb rid of Sharif brothers.

Current Nazim system is far better than the District system of goras.

Its Good Because we need Genuine Opposition ..

I really Want to see PML-N in Opposition Completely ....

Thank God. Now there is an opportuntiy to getb rid of Sharif brothers.

Current Nazim system is far better than the District system of goras.

No one is against Nazim system but too much corruption in this system ...

No one is against Nazim system but too much corruption in this system ...

its good to know but it needs to come from the leadership of PML-N and not from an avid supporter.

I think Zardari double crossed almost everyone remotely connected to his regime.

I wonder who is behind Zardari tho? As far I remember him, he was everything but a master tactician he is now.

I think Zardari double crossed almost everyone remotely connected to his regime.

I wonder who is behind Zardari tho? As far I remember him, he was everything but a master tactician he is now.

It is an interesting thought. It is almost like he is a master chess player who has managed to out wit everyone in sight. Yet if you look at him, he is as coarse and thick as they come. I will try and find out from some old pitarians who know him.
Araz

union of parties or individuals is not what we the Pakistanis need to hear, we need progress in the healthy water, constant power, good and affordable schools, clean, pot free and properly maintained roads, fair and concern and accessible police without the fear of it.

All the bickering for the past year and no progress on things that common man desires and needs and should have had all along.

Last edited:

He was always this clever but stayed behind BB ... HOWEVER, time for his presidency seems close to an end ....

Oh well the days of a good Punjab are soon over if you need an example take a look at the 91 budget where both Punjab and Sindh were given the same amount of money and look where they both stand one that was run by the PPP and one that was run by the Muslim league

Oh well the days of a good Punjab are soon over if you need an example take a look at the 91 budget where both Punjab and Sindh were given the same amount of money and look where they both stand one that was run by the PPP and one that was run by the Muslim league

I think both provinces progressed ... Urban Sindh progressed most because of MQM (I'm not a supporter) and there were improvements in urban Punjab as well (PML-N & Q) ... Issue is the rural area of both the provinces which is not getting worked done .. Thanks to IMran Khan for working in Minawali but that is one of FEW examples ...

Rural Punjab is very much upto speed I went to a free Public Hospital in Rural Punjab in 98 it was very clean and very well maintained.
The road network is much better.
Punjab has many cities that have become financial hubs.
The Literacy rate in Punjab is very high and the Productivity is Higher in all fields including art and culture.

Back
Top Bottom