What's new

Chaudhry Parvez Elahi joins PTI with 10 former PML-Q MPAs

Where are the 35/45 year well educated, well presented, well spoken, from good families politicans?

Why is it always the same gangsters and mobsters and their jahil children running around like saddam hussein sons? Some of them don't even have clean shirts or combed their hair.
^^ This...

CM chair goes to gujrat I think. It might be a better CMship that Shehbaz and Buzdar.

Assume for a minute he's genuine - do you need an experienced hand to run Punjab or can you do it with a young eager idealist?

I'm not sure what to think. My heart says go with someone capable and untainted by decades of lota baazi and political history.

At the same time a part of me says you need the old heads who know the system. However if that's the case then how will it ever change? How will the younger guys get experience and exposure?

Assume for a minute he's genuine - do you need an experienced hand to run Punjab or can you do it with a young eager idealist?

I'm not sure what to think. My heart says go with someone capable and untainted by decades of lota baazi and political history.

At the same time a part of me says you need the old heads who know the system. However if that's the case then how will it ever change? How will the younger guys get experience and exposure?
Like I said. This is the hand IK got dealt. The young, spirited people won't be accepted and the experienced ones are part of the same rot.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

But, IK better have grown eyes in the back of his head if he's putting this snake as CM Punjab. Don't get bit from the same hole twice.

@VCheng , I feel like this thread is missing your commentary.

Not particularly pleased with this. I'm not sure he's not an establishment plant. To be used at a later date.
He's absolutely a plant. Everyone knows he has deep connections to the establishment.

However, better to have him on your side, at least for now. IK keeping him around means he's willing to negotiate with the powers that be.

Elahi Punjab CM is not a very good sign.

There are many PTI workers who deserve the seat.
Absolutely agree, but Elahi is needed for now to bring in fresh support that would normally go to other parties like Q and N.

This announcement is absolutely disastrous for PMLN, as it puts a ton of pressure on them, and guarantees an increase in support for PTI.

Certainly but can any of them stay in the hot seat? For PTI, I feel like the CM Punjab seat is hotter than the PM seat.
would Elahi be loyal to PTI- hell no lol
Is he pro establishment IE greedy- yes
Is he an ideologue- lol

Was he the best CM Punjab saw in recent history- YES
is ganja league better than him - lol
Within PTI, is there a better candidate for CM position than him - doubt it

good for the people Punjab but probably not the best for PTI as a political party or a movement
Edit- was 2000s the best time to be a Punjabi in Pakistan in recent history? - I feel it was, culturally, political stability, proactive government and economically
provided we ignore the terrorism issues later down the line...

Last edited:
Pervez would be a ceremonious CM with his son calling the shots.

Lets hope he is ‘youthised’ over time.

PTI ticket is the hottest one now in Punjab, its almost a guaranteed win. PML-Q as a party is dead, Pervez Elahi is smart enough to contest the election on PTI's ticket. Gujrat will be a clean sweep for PTI.

One has to recognize that in Punjab's history, Pervez Elahi tenure during 2002-2007 was probably the best. He is a much better administrator and knows how to get the bureaucracy to work.

Elahi Punjab CM is not a very good sign.

There are many PTI workers who deserve the seat.
He is by far the best CM Punjab has ever had. Excellent administrator and knows how to get the bureaucracy to work.

Frankly, i don't see anyone in PTI's ranks that can get the work done like Pervez Elahi.

By all means, have these corrupt old heads in your party but stop speaking against corruption because you can't speak against corruption while admitting corrupt politicians in your party unless you are a big hypocrite.

Back
Top Bottom