What's new

Powerful Pakistan Women Wearing Sarees - Then & Now

The prophet, in the Ahadith records, said that there will be 73 sects on Yaum Al Qiyamah, of which 72 will be cast into Jahannum and 1 will enter into Jannah. So am I 200% certain that my sect is the "right" one? This seems to be a huge gamble, because if I am wrong and I die without making the correction, I will have to spend the rest of eternity screaming in pain whilst being tortured in the searing heat of the fire of Jahannum that Allah has prepared for the followers of false beliefs.
Salam,
1. We don't know Arabic well enough. '72 are in the fire', fin naar. Not in jahannam. fin naar could be idiomatic in Arabic, and mean 'in the wrong'. I've heard a shaykh explain that it doesn't mean they'll be barbecued. And God alone knows best.
2. We don't have to be 200% right, but we need to not give up on making efforts, and remain open to a better option if one maekes become manifest.
2b. Its actually not that hard, we need to check yourself from taking extreme positions, and cleanse our lives with clean earning, have no major sins without an eventual tauba-return, and spread peace and not mischief in the world, and hope for the best.
3. The Fire being eternal is not a universally-accepted concept. Ibn Taymiyyah disagrees, and so do some others. Some sufis even go as far as to say that the empty hell itself is not aveternal. 'khaalideena fiiha a7qaaba' - they'd dwell in it for ages. That said, that the fire is aveternal is a majority opinion. In the end, it's not our decision, and for God it's alright ot put us in pleasure or in pain as He pleases.

Naushad Bhai,

I know he was born a man. That is why, in the original post, I made a reference to the "alternative San Francisco lifestyle".

Ali Saleem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He has called himself "gay, bisexual, and transexual". So if he now says he is now a woman, who are we to argue?

Apnay deen par chal raha hay, chalta rahay....

Icewolf Bhai,

You can look up Begum Ali on the web to see who she is.

As for Begum Rabbani-Khar, I am afraid our media is making a mockery of her. I don't think that would happen if she were really the most-powerful woman in our country. You can see they all make fun of Khar in print and on TV:
Does your foreign minister own a Birkin? – The Express Tribune Blog

GEO Tv make fun of Hina Rabbani Khar - YouTube

Well I was replying to the guy above.....If he wants to call himself women I dont have problem with that.....

Anyway I am still trying to find the point of this thread..... Is wearing sarhi such a big deal?

How is this a current social event?

Elmo Bhai,

The forum topics section describe this particular section as "Current Events & Social Issues: Discussions related to the current events, social issues and so on"

I note that it does not say "current social events".

Rather it says "current events and social issues".

Therefore, you are correct when you say that this thread is not about "current social events".
You would also have been correct had you said that it was not about "current events" or "current social issues".

But will you admit that this thread is indeed about "social issues"?

I mean if Zia's Dictatorial "make-over" in the Eighties turned saris from socially-acceptable to socially-unacceptable, then surely the historical and current status of Pakistani Saris would be a "social issue", would it not?

I have no objection to the fact that you have moved the thread. I see no problem with that. It is just that I wanted to state what I believed to be the facts or the Haq. Without the Zia.

I will leave it at that. I am done with this thread anyway.

^^only because of its "ease of use factor"..shalwar KAmeez is lame unless real tight and sleek the baggy crap is really appalling.

Depends on who is wearing..for gals with slightly fleshy thighs the baggy ones would look great rather than the tights which is best for gals with skinny legs...

Dont ask me how I know this...:woot:

Bro i would respectfully disagree with this statement, yes when Pakistan was in 1960's or 50's you would see some women wearing it some times because that generation had lived in British India pre partition and had that influence. However when new Pakistani born generations grew up they were sticking to their own cultural dress "Shalwar Kameez". Even in today's india many muslim women mainly wear Shalwar Kameez.

Shalwar is a cultural issue and not a religious one.

Down south almost all muslims would be seen wearing saris and not chudithar (shalwr kameez) while in North even many Hindus would be seen wearing shalwar kameez.

Indian women love sarees and can never get enough of it. The only thing that makes them favor Salwar, jeans over saree is the ease factor.If any fashion designer can solve this problem, Indian women will surely given him/her a Nobel.

^^only because of its "ease of use factor"..shalwar KAmeez is lame unless real tight and sleek the baggy crap is really appalling.
real tight kameez would kill the purpose of whole shalwar qameez being modest, however, lots of young women in pakistan do wear tight pajamas with long qameez on top.
Asifa_and_Nabeel_at_PFDC_Sunsilk_Fashion_Week_2012_22.jpg

Asifa_and_Nabeel_at_PFDC_Sunsilk_Fashion_Week_2012_33.jpg

179009_150399451683282_7638184_n.jpg

167563_149061971817030_5661954_n.jpg

Saris may be ok in Pakistan provided the women avoid exposing their midriffs and navels in deference to the tenets of Islam.

you are right. Sari, salwar kameez or any other dress is ok as long as you wear it properly but its not allowed the way Rakhi sawant or malka sharafat wear it

Indian women look beautiful and graceful in saree .salwar kameez not suite indian women thats y in function ,party ,marriages u see 95% indian women preferwear saree .
Isn't it according to the region.I would prefer women in a Salwar Kameez than a Saree any day.

Patiala Shahi Salwar Kameez

Patiala+Salwar+Kameez.jpg

PatialaMain.jpg

Begum Nawazish ali is a MAN..... He dress as women for his show

34854415.jpg

WTF?

Disgusting!!

This homosexual foolishness needs to be clamped down on. Nasty senile people.

What is going to happen to these people on Judgement Day? Paradise or Fire?

Isn't it according to the region.I would prefer women in a Salwar Kameez than a Saree any day.

Patiala Shahi Salwar Kameez

Patiala+Salwar+Kameez.jpg

PatialaMain.jpg

u are right women wear cloth according to their region but in function ,party ,marriage 90% women wear saree i prefer saree over salwar kameez any day any time.salwaar kameez is also look good but in saree women look graceful and sexy both in one time unlike salwaar kameez.

conversations630.jpg

You have to have a right women for saree. Thats the problem.. A ugly women in saree will mess it up...

You have to have a right women for saree. Thats the problem.. A ugly women in saree will mess it up...
that's y ugly women won 2nd highest number of beauty contest compare to our eastern neighbour .:azn:where 64% women are ilieterate .

that's y ugly women won 2nd highest number of beauty contest compare to our eastern neighbour smelly burqa wearing ,big nose fatty women .:azn:where 64% women are ilieterate .

I dont like smelly, thin, dark, ugly, Indian women... Your bollywod agrees thats why they put makeup over them... Where 1/3 girl child gets killed

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom