What's new

Powerful Pakistan Women Wearing Sarees - Then & Now

i am failed to undeerstand after ladies wear sari they feel powerfull or power symbol is sari ? what abut jens womens of pakistan ?

He-Has-A-Plan-king-julien-official-club-17129634-720-480.jpg

Chacha.. aap to underware me bhi powerful hain.... aap kyo tension lete ho in Aurato ki...:chilli:

no no i just want to know mystery of sari . i want to gain my knowledge if sari give power then i will never to wear it in man dominated society

BP Bhai,

Looks like the seasoned Shia (1300 years of history) are also very naive, because according the Grand Imam of Haram-as-Sharif in Makkah, these Shia are just as non-muslim (kaffir) apostates (murtad) as the Qadianis. You can hear the Imam yourself below.

So the problem of comparing the traffic light & it maker to humans and their maker is this:

(1) We can all agreed on who made the traffic light and for what purpose.

BUT

(2) There is no such agreement on who made humans and for what purpose.

After listening to the Imam of haram-as-sharif, there are two questions you must ask yourself:

1) Am I shia? If I am, then is what I been believing to be the truth all my life really true? And if my Shia Aqeeda is True, then what am I to do with the fact that Beitullah Sharif is in the hands of people who have pronounced me just as Kaffir & Murtad as the Qadiani/Ahmadis.

OR

2) If I am not Shia, do I agree with the Imam of Haram-as-Sharif? If not, then do I claim to have more knowledge of Islam than the Imam? If I do agree with the Imam, what am I doing about the Shia in Pakistan? Why are they not in the same legal/constitutional category as the Ahmadi/Qadiani? Why are they still allowed to pose as Muslims in Pakistan? Why are their passports not marked as Non-Muslim like the Qadiani?

I will leave you to study the Real, Pure (no Bidah) Islam of the Imam of Haram-as-Sharif further and in more detail. Perhaps you may come up with sound answers to some of these questions.
1. How the à&#ç did this post came up like a hair in a soup bowl, ina thread about saris!!!

2. You failed to post the views (video or transcript) of the supposed Imam Haram el shariif.

3. 'non-Muslim' isn't 'kaafir'

4. The Imam Haram el shariif could be wrong. He could be politically motivated.
4b. The views you attribute to him aren't mainstream/classical Muslim views.

6. I'm not in a position to make statement 5^!

7. I'm unqualified to discuss religion. Ask a scholar, not this mathematician.

8. Religious topics are banned, and even though this isn't a thread topic, you still risk thread closure and your suspension.

Still how the duck you suddenly took from posting pictures to posting a rant?!! I'm curious about the stimulus.

Since last five years Indian women have stopped wearing sari.

They have all adopted to Pakistani dress, kurta & shalwar/trouser.

how the duck you suddenly took from posting pictures to posting a rant?!! I'm curious about the stimulus

BP Bhai,

2. You failed to post the views (video or transcript) of the supposed Imam Haram el shariif.

I apologize. I just made that correction. Thank you for pointing it out.

3. 'non-Muslim' isn't 'kaafir'

Yes, it is. Kaafir is not a derogatory term. It comes from Kufr. Kufr (K-F-R) means to "cover". Pure Tawheed (Ta>W-H-D) was given to all manking long, long ago. Deep in their hearts all people know the truth of The Unity as Wahdah (W-H-D). The Muslims (Mu>S-L-M) are the ones who have found The Peace (S-L-M) by accepting Islam (I>S-L-M) and removing the Cover (K-F-R). The non-muslims are the one who still continue cover (K-F-R) the truth that is already in their heats and so do not find The Peace (S-L-M) because they reject Islam (I>S-L-M). Therefore, by definition, they are Kaafir (K-F-R) since they continue to cover (K-F-R). Kaafir is not a bad word, it is a legitimate word that means something specific. You don't need theology to understand it. Basic knowledge of any semetic language like Arabic, Hebrew, Aramaic, Akkadian will be more than sufficient.

Anyone can be wrong. You can be wrong. Your "Religious Scholars" can be wrong. I can be wrong. Imam Muslim & Imam Bukhari of the Sahih Hadith fame could be wrong. Imam Khomeini could be wrong. Same is true for political motivation, economic motivation, greed motivation-- anyone could have any kind of hidden motivation. So where does that leave us?

4b. The views you attribute to him aren't mainstream/classical Muslim views.

Is this point 4b or 5? If it is indeed point 5, please see response to 6 below

6. I'm not in a position to make statement 5^!

Then you should not make it.

7. I'm unqualified to discuss religion. Ask a scholar, not this mathematician.

I was not asking for myself. The questions were rhetorical. I know what the Imam's Aqeeda is.

8. Religious topics are banned, and even though this isn't a thread topic, you still risk thread closure and your suspension. Still how the duck you suddenly took from posting pictures to posting a rant?!! I'm curious about the stimulus

I was merely following your post # 3209663 ---
http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...en-wearing-sarees-then-now-2.html#post3209663

But feel free to report this issue to the moderators or webmaster if you strongly feel that the rules have been violated.

Sari is not an Indian outfit.Apart from India saree is also the traditional dress of women of Bangladesh, Nepal & Sri Lanka. Pakistani women also used to wear it and then given up I think during the 80s.

Bro i would respectfully disagree with this statement, yes when Pakistan was in 1960's or 50's you would see some women wearing it some times because that generation had lived in British India pre partition and had that influence. However when new Pakistani born generations grew up they were sticking to their own cultural dress "Shalwar Kameez". Even in today's india many muslim women mainly wear Shalwar Kameez.

6. ... Then you should not make it.
I do see some similarities. That said, that stuff's fine between you and me but I'm not airing my eccentric view on a public forum for somebody to be misguided by them.

7. I was not asking for myself. I know what the Imam's Aqeeda is. The questions were rhetorical.
And that 3aqeeda is an outlier 3aqeeda by ijmaa3 uj jamhoor - consensus of scholars' opinion. I'm talking only from the sunni pov, but apparently the shia aren't too sold on these guys either.

8. I was merely following your post # 3209663 ---
http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...en-wearing-sarees-then-now-2.html#post3209663
But feel free to report this issue to the moderators or webmaster if you strongly feel that the rules have been violated.
Dang, no wonder I couldn't see where you were coming from. I did not mention anything shia-sunni or whatver vs whatever else in it.

Nothing you said is reportable, posts with religous content aren't banned only entire threads, it just seemed to come out of nowhere.

Anyone can be wrong. You can be wrong. Your "Religious Scholars" can be wrong. I can be wrong. Imam Muslim & Imam Bukhari of the Sahih Hadith fame could be wrong. Imam Khomeini could be wrong. Same is true for political motivation, economic motivation, greed motivation-- anyone could have any kind of hidden motivation. So where does that leave us?
Now this is the question of the day.

People you mention include those that, people a 1000 years succeeding them will vouch on their lives, have no political motivation.

Yes people could be wrong. The more knowledgeable and perceptive a scholar is, the less chance of them being wrong though. Even if somebody is wrong, what principle do we have? That the erring scholar gets 1 unit of recompense, and if they get it right, they get 2. which means Allah judges them on intention. What of people who followed them and did wrong? It wasn't their fault and we can hope they have no sin. What of the social repurcussions of the wrong fatwa? Well, these differences don't really touch big things which are axiomatic constants, e.g. making interest or murder permissible in some way or form.

Ultimately in oral tradition, you're trusting the transmitter. And umtimately the source of the transmission is unerring. There's a vetting process for the transmitters that's so hard many of the transmitters' profiles say 'lier' just because once the person forwarded an info without cross-referenceing its veracity, and the shari3a considers this lying. And those transmissions are still there and still considered valid because a person can once or twice in their lives make an oversight but otherwise the reputation of the decades of their lives is impeccable.

A word about the sari culture in Pakistan. Saris are less commonly worn than the Shalwar kameez which is worn throughout the country. Because of its long association with the Hindu culture and it exposing the midriff and navel, sari are considered to be against the injunctions of Islam and as a 'Hindu dress'. Many Islamic right-wing elements have pressed on a move to ban saris.

However, the sari remains a popular garment among the upper class for many formal functions. The sari is worn as daily wear by Pakistani Hindus, by elderly Muslim women who were used to wearing it in pre-partition India and by some of the new generation who have reintroduced the interest in saris. The growing popularity of the sari among Pakistan's fashion-conscious elite is due to another bete noire of conservatives — Bollywood movies and television serials.

The Nation, an English-language newspaper published from Lahore reported, "The Indian electronic media have played an important role in promoting the sari culture in Pakistan. Now Pakistani actresses on TV channels are being seen wearing saris, especially young women."

Saris may be ok in Pakistan provided the women avoid exposing their midriffs and navels in deference to the tenets of Islam.

yes its true that sari 'culture' is fading away, have never seen anyone on tv wearing saree except few old actresses, but saree was always there in our fashion industry, here are few a examples of pakistani saris
407564_325409080812517_940343500_n.jpg

400446_325408754145883_1533318450_n.jpg

318657_10150385593212833_450661639_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now this is the question of the day.

BP,

I agree with all you say.

However, unlike you, I don't think I understand my religion enough for me to be so sure about my beliefs.

Please look at this post (#3201332) by someone called Riyaz Haq on another thread (177791)---
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...s-non-muslims-grand-mufti-24.html#post3201332

As you can see, everybody seems to be 100% sure of their beliefs, but are very quick to call the beliefs of others absurd.

So, with all these sects, schools and fiqahs, which is the real, original form of this religion which is supposed to "all-pervasive" enough to affect "every aspect of my life"? Is it my own? Or is it some other faction with a different aqeeda? They can't all be right when their views differ so fundamentally, can they?

The prophet, in the Ahadith records, said that there will be 73 sects on Yaum Al Qiyamah, of which 72 will be cast into Jahannum and 1 will enter into Jannah. So am I 200% certain that my sect is the "right" one? This seems to be a huge gamble, because if I am wrong and I die without making the correction, I will have to spend the rest of eternity screaming in pain whilst being tortured in the searing heat of the fire of Jahannum that Allah has prepared for the followers of false beliefs.

Something to think about. Very deeply and carefully.

In any case, enough on this line of thought for me. I am done. This is a thread on Pakistani Saris, so let us use it for that purpose only.

Since last five years Indian women have stopped wearing sari.

They have all adopted to Pakistani dress, kurta & shalwar/trouser.

Shalwar is worn on Indian Punjab also.

Just some interesting Pakistani Sari tit-bits I thought forum visitors might like to share with their friends.

1) Even though Zulfikar-Ali Bhutto’s mother, Lakhi Bai, was a Hindu who used to wear Saris in her youth, she stopped wearing saris after her marriage to Shah-Nawaz Bhutto:
Bhutto

2) Conversely, Zulfikar’s wife (Benazir’s mother) Nusrat Esfahani-Bhutto, even though born in Iran of Kurdish Ancestry with no prior experience of sari-wearing, immediately started to wear saris after her marriage to Zulfikar Bhutto:
nusratbhutto_1.jpg

3) Benazi Bhuttor, interestingly, started out in her youth with a huge variety of clothes, including saris:

image%20(61).jpg

Post-Zia, however, Benazir switched to the official-PIA-uniform public look that Zia dictatorially propagated to please the Mullahs:

Benazir-Bhutto.jpg

4) As for the next generation, we now have the example of Murtaza Bhutto’s daughter, Fatima Bhutto, wearing saris. I'm not sure why, but she seems to have some sort of round circle marked on her forehead in this picture. Maybe it is some sort of memory-aid; like putting a rubber-band on a finger:

fatima-bhutto-3.jpg

5) Looking at the other important family (not Fatima Jinnah who always wore saris) in Pakistan, we see that even though Begum Ra’na (nee’ Sheela Panth) was from a Hindu background and wore only saris in her youth, she immediately stopped wearing saris after her marriage to Khan-Sahib and switched to Lehenga/Ghagra, Choli & Dupatta, as you can see in this picture with the Chancellor of MIT:
Begum_Liaquat_Ali_Meets_President_of_MIT.jpg

6) Finally, here is Begum Nawazish Ali, who is arguably the most powerful woman in Pakistan today, wearing a sari at a party with Salman Taseer as they celebrate the “Alternative San-Francisco Lifestyle”:

Salman-Taseer-with-TV-Fame-Begum-Nawazish-Ali.jpg

Begum Nawazish Ali is a Pakistani guy named Ali Saleem. I know this fruitcake because he was class fellows with my nephew.

Here is the background of this Tutti Frutti Guy.

Ali Saleem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i prefer bengali saari over salwaar kameez .indian women look beautiful and graceful in saree .salwar kameez not suite indian women thats y in function ,party ,marriages u see 95% indian women preferwear saree .

phins103730.jpg

vidya-balan-bengali-saree.jpg

Bengali-saree-style.jpg

Back
Top Bottom