What's new

Post Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up these morning and found this thread, and I thought I checked my "standing". Not that I care about my standing, I came here for fun and not for brownie points.
To my surprise, I got 15 negative ratings and 5 positives.

I do have a few questions regarding these new features.

My last post was yesterday about 10am (Pacific Time Dec 21). How the hell do I get 15- and 5+ when this new feature has just been implemented? Somebody, the new raters, must like me.

I also have one trophy point, Can I get a pizza with that?

Those points carried over from when it was available for all members.

This will not go down well, most of the exclusive members are military apologists. hence there is no chance of rational debate if -3 would delete the post.

This will not go down well, most of the exclusive members are military apologists. hence there is no chance of rational debate if -3 would delete the post.

The chances of 3 members ranking negatively is low.

The chances of 3 members ranking negatively is low.

Give me a name other than one or two who are okay with criticizing army for their wrong or unlawful acts, all they do is try to intimidate that army can do no wrong...

anyway, 4 or 5 might have been a good number, as it reduces the possibility of army apologist gathering up at a certain post and giving it negative rating..

another thing, can the negative rating be put invisible, as one negative rating would encourage the other to do the same, as you know that duck walk is pretty common in Pakistanis.

Alright,going through a couple of last few pages i have come across this concern that Mods could be neutral but when the right of negative marking is handed over to TTs and R&D's they are gonna use it for personal revenge kinda thing.

im just writing this to make it clear to you,don't worry atleast about me, ;)

I am stunned and shocked at finding @Aeronaut and @FaujHistorian here.

After listening in on someone else's discussion in a private part of the forum, I went through past posts methodically, checking @Aeronaut's posts. It was my very pleasantly surprised discovery that he scrupulously maintains a Chinese wall between his role as moderator and his role as ordinary member of the forum. This, delivered not in the deadpan Swiss manner one might have expected to see, but almost with a swagger, with panache, as if defying us to find him at fault.

@FaujHistorian a troll? Oh, well, that explains those warts on my eyeballs, then. If he is a troll, I must be one too.

I couldn't agree more heartily with you about our sinuous neighbour from the east, however.
My Dear Joe,

Just saw the notification about your post. What can I say, I am humbled and honored with your kind comments.

Yours truly.

As always

Post Ratings is a new feature available on Defence.pk which will act as a reputation system to analyze users who are posting well and those who are not really.

The rating system is only given to TTA, TTC, Professionals, Management, R&D and Intl Mods.

Additionally, -3 rating on a post will automatically have the post deleted.

We hope that those who are given this privilege, use this appropriately for the betterment of the forum and without bias.

DONOT use positive rating as a substitute for thanks. When you want to give Thanks, just click thanks.

Positive rating should only be given when the post is informative, great, awesome debate, etc.

Negative rating only when a rule has been violated in a post.

Provide your feedback here.

Just noticed this thread.

Great idea.

However if I may suggest. Auto deletion of posts should be initially set a bit higher. Perhaps 5 or 6 negatives should result in auto delete.

If it was a one liner flame bait. Well not much to mourn about its deletion.

However

if a member has made a serious effort to highlght an issue, put some challenging thoughts in it.

And if that post gets deleted just because few members did not like it.

Well that's a HUGE loss if the post was not backed up and there is no way to recover it.

Our posts should be allowed by the poster to be updated and edited based on the feedback both positive and negative.

Simple deletion of a post may deprive us from brand new ideas and push to forum to the usual mediocre and "safe" stove pipe of posts.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Post Ratings is a new feature available on Defence.pk which will act as a reputation system to analyze users who are posting well and those who are not really.

The rating system is only given to TTA, TTC, Professionals, Management, R&D and Intl Mods.

Additionally, -3 rating on a post will automatically have the post deleted.

We hope that those who are given this privilege, use this appropriately for the betterment of the forum and without bias.

DONOT use positive rating as a substitute for thanks. When you want to give Thanks, just click thanks.

Positive rating should only be given when the post is informative, great, awesome debate, etc.

Negative rating only when a rule has been violated in a post.

Provide your feedback here.

I am very happy with the new PDF if I have already not made this abundantly clear, This new feature I think will be extremely useful.... As a TTA, I will stick to using this feature for technically educative posts, OP ED pieces and out of the box narratives that are educative or introduce alternative course of thinking....

Two things.
1. I cannot possibly elaborate about aeronaut because I dont believe in scrutinizing mod behaviour. So its your observation against mine. I have a right to complain and I exercised it.
2. About historian, his views do not matter. Sometime I agree sometime I dont. But he goes personal in almost every post you argue with. And thanks you if he agrees with your view. I have not seen a single well researched and well written piece (aero has written some good ones)
You can call him passionate if that makes it less palatable, but my views are my views.
Conversely I hold zarvan in much less contempt than other members do, because of his behaviour and adherence to forum rules. I disagree with him on almost everything.

@hinduguy

Of course you exercised your right to complain and you exercised it. So did I, and presumably both of us were acting without malice or prejudice. I certainly think you were, and think @Aeronaut used a singularly badly chosen word in describing your comment.

He and I don't agree with much when he writes as an ordinary member. Truth to tell, those posts are borderline, almost, in my opinion, placing him on the outlying fringe of the group with the five or six Internet Muslims at their core that we see on this forum. But we weren't talking about his posts. We were talking about his moderation, and I have respect for that. To be the kind of partisan that he otherwise is, and then go backstage, change masks and do Creon to the earlier Antigone, that's classy.

You made another good point about not scrutinising mod. behaviour. I don't do that either, but that's probably due to the completely undeserved pampering I get. I know that if people really get after me (some sets of Internet jocks, of both types, have done it, more than once, when I was far more active than now), I just have to scream for help, and the Marines will turn up, locked and loaded. It may have happened already, only I didn't know about it. So I am admittedly very comfortable with the moderation (one warning by them, one self-imposed withdrawal for a week by me, when I criticised someone in terms unbecoming to her gender).

On this occasion, just about ten days ago, when I had some leisure time due to some minor indisposition, there was a private discussion, where I happened to find either @Aeronaut protesting he was careful when moderating, or someone I rather respect saying the same thing, and it got me curious. So I ran back through several months' worth of mail: nothing scientific, just probing these statements, just checking if everything was kosher. To my surprise, I got an unexpected result: Mr Hyde was also Dr. Jekyll.

About @FaujHistorian , c'mon, cut me some slack. I never said he wasn't a troll, did I? Go back and take a look at what I said. We find ourselves in the same forlorn hopes again and again, and usually the same, liberal platform against the barbarians at the gate, how do you want me to react? Only by acknowledging we are the same, right? And what else did I do?

There is a lot of hurt in your posts. There was no intention to hurt your feelings, none, and I am sure you had no intention to hurt anyone else's either. So can we now get to the beer?

Surely comprising of Indian members alone in most cases.

Hoo, boy, are you mistaken.

He has a very short fuse for those whose accounts are apparently decided entirely by the official textbooks, and tends to explode with little or no notice. So his fan club is evenly poised on both sides of the Radcliffe Line.

Considering the amount of wire on this line, you might say that this is a situation where the iron has entered into their souls.

He has a very short fuse for those whose accounts are apparently decided entirely by the official textbooks, and tends to explode with little or no notice. So his fan club is evenly poised on both sides of the Radcliffe Line.

Considering the amount of wire on this line, you might say that this is a situation where the iron has entered into their souls.

I am not mistaken in the least. I have seen the man taking cheap shots at others and getting personal with me and others as well. It seems to be the only reason why some Indian members love nothing more to invite him on threads to insult the rest. Anyways i agree with @hinduguy here

It would be nice if the people giving negative ratings are kind enough to leave a reason for their negative ratings(other than the obvious ones ofcourse).

Kind of a feedback mechanism. Now that we don't have the old infraction system in place, this can act as a warning, instead of getting a straight ban!

My dear Joe

I am utterly defenseless now.

Amna bibi is part of the crowd, that has put me on the cross

Everyone is shouting and cheering

That finally some nails have been driven through my palms and my feet.

bibi @Aamna14 and @hinduguy both have honored me by putting a crown on my head
The only problem is that the crown is made of thorns.

Blood is slowly leaving my mortal body

But will they be kill my soul.

Absolutely not.

And thus the story of Christmas repeats itself

over and over and over

And ignorance wins, over and over and over.

Peace to you

Peace to all

I don't know how much time I have on this forum

I do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom