What's new

Post Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth experimenting but I have my doubts.

If we apply the rules fairly and consistently, then 80% of posts here would get deleted. Everyone who breaks rules protests that they are only reacting to someone else's provocation.

Which means that any negative ratings issued will be biased.

As for positive ratings, I am not a fan of encouraging people to play to the gallery. The 'thank' feature is bad enough as it is.

-----

If we apply the rules fairly and consistently, then 80% of posts here would get deleted. Everyone who breaks rules protests that they are only reacting to someone else's provocation.

Which means that any negative ratings issued will be biased.

As for positive ratings, I am not a fan of encouraging people to play to the gallery. The 'thank' feature is bad enough as it is.

1-Sir, in the rating system ,one member haven't got the sole authority to delete any member's post.
The probability of finding the 3 members is quite low.

2-We have moderators working along us ,and the reporting mechanism is still there.
So, you have the option to assess the post and/or report.

3-The member who protests that he had to react, you can ask him,where is the inhibition/control that he has got.
The elites, seniors,full members and recruits can report the post.And save themselves sometime for something better.No?
Why somebody just feels the need to become a party and encourage the mud slinging.By ignoring,negative ranking ,reporting that member who's questioning you will do a fair amount of favor to him/herself and the members visiting that thread.

I've suggested @WebMaster via PM to stratify this facility.Let us see what comes out of that discussion.To date it's just a prototype.Obviously the administrator can configure it in any workable way he wants.I feel that stratification of ranking facility will resolve the major issues.A member lying in higher hierarchy will/should have more authority.

Last edited:
I don't think that excellent post quality is the criterion for moderatorship, since many excellent pakistani posters are not mods either. Also, why does anybody have to be dropped, to add an Indian mod?

True enough. Mods can always be added. They are very few in number, and consequently hard pressed. Good points.

Misuse of the system already as noted by @Skies and @DESERT FIGHTER .I am against this system...people will and are using it as a substitute for thanks/like!

who gave you negative rating man?! I did not see any such level of post of you that can be rated negatively. I want to see that post.

at topic:

One solution can be: positive rating by 3 TTs in a single post would add 1 promotional value to a member, if a member earns 50 promotional value, s/he would be a tt in future. So to be a TT, one will have to get 150 positive rating to earn 50 promotional value. what do you think?

and no negative rating, if any post is not good, there is a report button. also there is infraction points, so if a member gets more than 1 or more infraction points in one month in average, he will not be TT.

International forum? Really? Then why is there NO Indian Flag in the smiley section? Why no Indian mods?

Because international forum does not mean that you have flags and mods from all countries, but that the forum is open to all nationalities and that the forum topics are not limited to a single country (a problem of many Indian defence related forums btw).
Wrt to flags in general, I have suggested before that the flags of our country and location below the avatar should be deleted, because it serves no purpose to see the origin of the poster in every post (we could keep them in the profile though), while it creates a different point of view of the post.
Simple example, when a Pakistani member posts news in the Indian section, it will be seen with suspicion, since it could be an attack or criticism and the member hardly will get credit for it, no matter if the post is interesting or not. If an Indian had posted it, he would have been treated differently and the same of course happens if an Indian posts something in the Pakistani or Chinese sections.
Therefor the use of Flags should be reduced to a bare minimum, to create a fair base for every post and not create any flame games because of national pride!

if the Indians weren't on PDF this forum would have fallen flat like a pancake!

It is true that the high content of Indian members is not the worst thing that could happen to the forum (and sometimes Pakistani members do forget that), but while everybody can register here be it a troll or a professional, nobody is forced to stay on PDF! The fact that the Indian content is so high, just shows that the forum has something that others might not have and that makes it interesting, even though it is a Pakistani forum. So there is a reason why the Indian content remains high and why we shouldn't complain about Indian flags or Indian mods, while it is ok to note the importance of Indian members, to get a more sometimes more reasonable policies.

On topic, I think it's a great idea and the @WebMaster did a good job to inlcude it. The negative rating and auto deleting of post is also a good feature for TTs, Professionals and co, to take over responsibility and rate and delete troll posts, before they can de-rail threads completely from topic.
You don't have to be an (Indian) mod to report a troll, or to suggest to stick to topics, anybody can do that and the more the TTs and co (from all origins) take this feature as a chance, the better for the forum and discussions!
However, I share @Roybot s view, that the negative rating should include any reasoning, to make the member that was rated, but also other TTs and co a better idea why this rating was given.

No Indian MoD.

Maybe not mods, but I do think that Indians like you, Sparky, or Dillinger, or Roybot (if he gets TTA) should have the chance to be Chairman as well, as a credit for the contribution, or balanced behavior.

Last edited:
We need an indian mod as well...its not fair
And also the indian smiley

And is there a way to see the posts that made the user getting blocked...
Dont just block, you are supposed to give reasons as well

and you telling me? seen it all been there and done that hehe
power to you my dear
damn its good to be bad sometimes. (within limits of course)
Not telling you, Sir. You know a hell lot than me.:D
And yes you are right, being bad does bring joy sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom