What's new

Post Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even I am against the deletion of post thing :mad:

I think its a good idea.. I mean there are lots of unwanted and insulting posts in every thread.. Just look at Indian section, you can see all kind of nonsense and thread derailing.. Mods cannot take care all of them.. By this options, Most of the threads will be clean..Its a good move.

@bloo No buddy. Most people banned will be Indians. :P

You should do it @KRAIT, if you ever become Mod [Not that I support Indian mod]..

shitSHIT.....indians already started to positive rate BAL kids in a post of not-so-awasome..........I hate this.

..just notifying

Last edited:
About a year earlier when we introduced intl mods, we had a severe backlash if you remember -- At that time we decided to keep the indian mod option on back burner

About a year earlier when we introduced intl mods, we had a severe backlash if you remember -- At that time we decided to keep the indian mod option on back burner

Having an Indian mod is a bad idea..I mean he will be branded as a traitor by Indians itself :D and also its bad for business because lots of posts are going to be deleted. By this lot of people will loose interest in coming here.. ;)

Gentlemen, a nice discussion there.

Let's just scan on the following pointers to summarize up this new development.

1-The user promotions can be based upon ratings/reputation.

2-It's a good integrated system for a forum like defence.pk.

3-It allows the Like and reputation system running side by side where both the title holders and members from different groups can have their say ,reflected by neutral,,positive and negative ratings.

4-It’ll help us to encourage the new as well as the existing lot of active members to constantly improve upon themselves.

5-It’ll help us in reducing the element of bias in any form.And it’s more democratic in approach.

6-As more hands will be available, there can be a constant check on the quality of discussions and it will provide more room for improvement.

At the end of the day, we are not bots or viruses, we have a life to live and have better things to do than to “gang up” on someone and waste our own time.

The key lies in the judicious use of this facility.

So, let's say if someone has to choose between Miss Aamna , Hinduguy & skies for the selection of a future TTA/Moderator.
It'll be transparent with the least amount of bias if any.

In return, what this systems expects from you is to be:

(I'm mentioning it for an example, as following 1-5 will be my rules of engagement, if I’m around, in the evaluation process of the new members.Of course everyone has his own gauge and thresholds for anything that you've to present.)

1-More logical in your discussion and avoid yourself from being carried away by emotions when you are outside the members' club.

2-Helpful in creating a healthy learning environment.

3-Assuring that the rules will be followed...not strictly my domain of judgement, a job that some moderator has to do for me.But of course if you visit a place, you’ll like it to be more user friendly, informative and not filled up with some filth.

4-Able to provide a link / source to your talk and make your analysis of anything to the point & on topic.If you feel the need to divert and relate something to the topic under discussion,at least have the courtesy to accept it and point out that relationship in your post and that the reason to bring it in there is such and such.That'll help you in attending your's and others' concerns amicably.

5-Not like someone who's hell bent to repeat the same old question for the nth time when you've actively spent a good amount of your time on the forum.
The better way is that you can ask for a link from your seniors to lend a hand in building upon your knowledge.And if you've missed a discussion you can request someone to help you out in the members club.

Last but not the least, a system which has been constructed and customized according to the needs of the forum with some effort should be given a fair amount of time for evaluation and re-evaluation upon further improvement.

Last edited:
I've never been into any defense forum before PDF

I think this forum should have at least one Indian moderator. You tell me, there are irani, pakistani, bangla, turkey and chinese mod but not an Indian mod even though Indians are almost in majority here. Isn't that demeaning?

p.s. no Indian flag in smileys :hitwall:

I do think there should be an Indian flag in the smileys.

I don't think there's any need for an Indian moderator. Nothing she would do that isn't being done. Sure there are very competent posters (@Bang Galore chief among them) who might be considered, but the existing moderators are doing a good job: whom do you drop?

There is something in what some Pakistanis say, about there being nothing like a similar forum run by Indians. Think about it.

I do think there should be an Indian flag in the smileys.

I don't think there's any need for an Indian moderator. Nothing she would do that isn't being done. Sure there are very competent posters (@Bang Galore chief among them) who might be considered, but the existing moderators are doing a good job: whom do you drop?

There is something in what some Pakistanis say, about there being nothing like a similar forum run by Indians. Think about it.

I don't think that excellent post quality is the criterion for moderatorship, since many excellent pakistani posters are not mods either. Also, why does anybody have to be dropped, to add an Indian mod?

Gentlemen, a nice discussion there.

Let's just scan on the following pointers to summarize up this new development.

Last but not the least, a system which has been constructed and customized according to the needs of the forum with some effort should be given a fair amount of time for evaluation and re-evaluation upon further improvement.

Why the pretense of an objective system to give the illusion of merit?

The fact will remain that "preferences" and "other considerations" will determine distributions of promotions and authority, just as before.

:D

The rating system sucks... indians are negatively rating posts of ours while keeping a blind eye have own trolls... apart from tht... you have to click the thanks button a billion times in order to work!!b

@WebMaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom