Post Graduate Talib was forced to pick up gun: Mother

Burhan Wani

STAFF
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Talib-Afzal.jpg

Talib-Afzal.jpg

In an encounter in South Kashmir’s Kakpora area, one militant was killed on Thursday.

Police sources said that after receiving inputs about the presence of two Lashkar-e-Toiba militants present in a house at Astan Mohalla Kakapora, a huge contingent of Army personnel from 50 RR, CRPF personnel from 182 and 183 Battalions and SOG Pulwama cordoned off the house of one Ghulam Muhammad. “The house of Ghulam Muhammad in which the two militants were present has been located in the middle of Army and CRPF camps and it was hard to believe that militant could hide there. As the Army zeroed in on the house, the militants in a bid to escape from the house resorted to indiscriminate firing. The retaliation from our part resulted in the killing of a militant,” an Army official told CNS. He identified the slain militant as Talib Ahmed Shah son of Muhammad Afzal Shah, a local resident of Astan Mohalla Kakapora Pulwama.

“Talib was active in the district from quite some time and he was the district commander of banned militant outfit LeT,” he said.

The official said that all efforts are on to either capture the associate of Talib alive or neutralize him. “He is still fighting but we have closed all the escape routes,” he said.

A police official said that it may take a long time to deal with the hiding militant as the protesters in large number have been making attempts to move towards the encounter site. “The situation in the area is tense but under control,” he said.

Talib Afzal Shah (22) was a post graduate student who had joined militant ranks in 2012. “Talib had completed his Master’s Degree in Physical Education from Kashmir University.”

“My son had been arrested several times on charges of stone-pelting and even after his release the security agencies used to raid our house, always looking for him. He finally decided to join Lashkar-e-Toiba,” said her wailing mother.

She said that last time when forces raided her house, she was so agitated that in front of Army officer she set all the educational degrees of Talib on fire. “Time and again forces harassed my son and forced him to pick up the gun. I blame them for everything. My son was very intelligent and being religious commanded great respect in the area,” she said.

As the news about the death of Talib spread in the town, hundreds of people from adjoining areas of Kakapora including Patalbagh, Lelhar, Naman, Aloochibagh, Samboora, Hathwara and other areas rushed towards the spot of incident. Since the encounter was going, so forces did not allow them to proceed resulting in the violent clashes, that left many protesters injured.

In a bid to disperse the protesters government forces bursted several tear-smoke shells and resorted to aerial firing. The situation, according to a police official, was tense but under control.
@Samandri @Zarvan @DESERT FIGHTER @rockstar08 @Shamain @fakhre mirpur @waz @Umair Nawaz @Akheilos @WAJsal @Sage @Jungibaaz @SrNair @ranjeet @levina @FaujHistorian @Bratva @Armstrong @Horus @Imran Khan @Side-Winder
Talib, a PET Graduate, was ‘Forced’ to Pick Up Gun, says His Mother | Kashmir Life

Last edited:
No but iwill give some fking 'deep condolences and show fking regret' over some indian army animal comitting suicide in kashmir.

Death of this guy hardly matters. Why shud it?

Didnt we already know the reason these ppl join militancy? There are far worst than this reasons.

And y u tagged thse indians here, these creatures will only say things that will hurt us.

Education states nothing but intention/reason is...
the attacker involved in Sahora bus attack was a learned and a former night party freak...
however, the factors pushed Talib are discrimination and suppression...evry conscious human being would react the same way as Talib did...

Good kill... Keep it up IA. Only govt has the monopoly over violence.
@syedali73 is tarah kay comments bardasht karnay partay hain. I just saw images of his deadbody

Ab is comment pay kisi pakistani mod ko takleef pohanchay gee? Nahi ,cuz kashmiris lives have no worth near anyone.

What did u expect from IA. He was a terrorist. Army is doing her job.

I understand her sentiments she's a kashmiri sympathizer alot of Pakistanis are (terrorist or not).
But I do wanna know how these people responds to threats like a terrorist shouting at you?

Before committing that he joined militants she also gave reason why from pelting stones he took up the gun.

Our forces in the valley tries to be a proactive force rather than a reactive one if anyone comes under their radar then its his fault.

And why did he start pelting stones?

Well I know for sure Indian forces especially army don't harass any1 just for pelting stones he must have been a active member of local agitation. These elements have a strong tendencies to join terror out fits like LeT so its important to keep a strong eye on them.

We all know the issue and please stop posting one liners whose answers are clear to everyone.
Can you count the lines in your post? The whole issue is that he started the viscous cycle of becoming a criminal. He decided to take up the violence and he paid for it, rightfully so. If he kept himself civilized, nothing would have happened.

Well I know for sure Indian forces especially army don't harass any1 just for pelting stones he must have been a active member of local agitation. These elements have a strong tendencies to join terror out fits like LeT so its important to keep a strong eye on them.

It is same all over india. They are termed "history sheeters". Once they are on police file, they are hauled up each time there is some disturbance in the area.. none of them take up guns and kill some innocents and wage a war on nation..

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom