What's new

Post Graduate Talib was forced to pick up gun: Mother

No I am not cherry picking. Why would I when I have already said that I need Islam, Islam does not need me.

In today's time tell me how invasion is going to serve the purpose of Islam? It cannot my friend, not possible. World wars is different thing but let us suppose Muslim countries join together they think to invade India to make you infidels Muslim, what would be the outcome?
(I am under the impression now that the Islam that I know is different from the one you know)
Yeah. You do follow a more lighter strain of Islam, one with greater Sufi influence than the original. There can't be any conflict of interest between you and me in that case.

Yeah. You do follow a more lighter strain of Islam, one with greater Sufi influence than the original. There can't be any conflict of interest between you and me in that case.

What if I told you I follow Deo Bandi school of thought........................

@levina Please don't expect any reconciliation between Islam and the rest of the faiths any time in the future.
The fact is, followers of fledgling religions find it hard to accept and respect other older religions.
It might take time but then I don't think reconciliation is impossibile. :)

Any actively evangelistic faith by its very nature cannot respect another. New or old.

Otherwise if not declared or implied superiority, on what basis do you convert?

The old faiths did not have that baggage because they were populace-centric for the most part. Geographically, racially. And linked to civilizations.

To the extent that it became difficult to differentiate the parent from the child. The faith or the civilization.

Yes, I do recognize that Hinduism did convert large parts of SE Asia at one point in time. But they were largely filing in the gaps in regions which had no parent faith.

There is a difference between bringing light. And displacing one light with another of a different hue.

The fact is, followers of fledgling religions find it hard to accept and respect other older religions.
It might take time but then I don't think reconciliation is impossibile. :)
Compromise and accommodation is the key. But that seems impossible today or in the near future. Distant future? Maybe.

What if I told you I follow Deo Bandi school of thought........................
I would say - 'Happy schooling'. :D (No offense)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom