What's new

Possibly this is China's own HAARP

^ Intel or Nvidia/AMD chips are designed in the USA, Germany, Israel, and India, manufactured in Singapore, Costa Rica, Indonesia and Taiwan.

Sorry if my post was off-topic but I was replying to ChineseTiger1986. Good luck on Supercomputer with indigenous CPU you are trying to built. The Interconnect is what the Chinese designed.

One more OT: The day of CPU-based supercomputers is getting over, little by little. GPU-farms will shape the future of supercomputers, GPUs can soundly beat CPUs in highly parallel tasks.

You know what? I am always baffled as to how Chinese can reverse engineer and operate sophisticated computers without pressing the self destruct button by mistake or set off all the nukes and direct them into India instead of America? I thought China outsourced their "Brains" and are inferior to the rest of the world?

SuperComputer is mostly used for analysis of oil and gas deposits, drug simulations, modeling industries, at max nuclear simulation.

All of the chips are manufactured in America, Germany, and Taiwan and designed mostly in India and America. The brains for Chineese systems are entirely outsourced.

The 4th largest fab in the world is SMIC. The biggest fab in Germany is ranked somewhere like 17? You think Costa Rica having an (Intel owned) fab is high tech? No, it means Intel decided to put Applied Materials equipment in Costa Rica.

If India had the human resources to design a chip for Intel then it has the human resources to design a chip for itself. But what do we see? Even India's flight control systems use imported Lockheed Martin code, a slap to the face of the "IT software superpower". Meanwhile, Longxin has already been used for 500 terraflop supercomputers, though not at the level of Pentaflop yet, it is far faster than what most countries have and is "good enough" for many practical applications.

You also have no idea of the computational problems needing solution by supercomputer. off the top of my head i can think of computational fluid mechanics for aircraft and missile design.

He is here to troll. Just say it out loud.

Oh come on.... a country that has HAARP capability would at least in my mind have some ability to build a Jet engine. I believe HAARP is BS, but if there is a country capable of it, their scientific accomplishments should be outstanding... ex. a 4th or 5th Gen Jet engine...

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

And let India build one at all.

No one is claiming India has its version of HAARP or weather manipulation system.. with the possible exception of Sir Zaid Hamid and his woken up minions.

Oh come on.... a country that has HAARP capability would at least in my mind have some ability to build a Jet engine. I believe HAARP is BS, but if there is a country capable of it, their scientific accomplishments should be outstanding... ex. a 4th or 5th Gen Jet engine...

You mean US? because only they have operational 5th gen engines. China is building WS 15 and Russia AL 41.

By the way the the two sciences are not compatible which makes your comment completely off topic.

The 4th largest fab in the world is SMIC. The biggest fab in Germany is ranked somewhere like 17? You think Costa Rica having an (Intel owned) fab is high tech? No, it means Intel decided to put Applied Materials equipment in Costa Rica.

If India had the human resources to design a chip for Intel then it has the human resources to design a chip for itself. But what do we see? Even India's flight control systems use imported Lockheed Martin code, a slap to the face of the "IT software superpower". Meanwhile, Longxin has already been used for 500 terraflop supercomputers, though not at the level of Pentaflop yet, it is far faster than what most countries have and is "good enough" for many practical applications.

You also have no idea of the computational problems needing solution by supercomputer. off the top of my head i can think of computational fluid mechanics for aircraft and missile design.

They gonna start to use 龙芯 for the petaflops supercomputers in the fall of this year.

China gonna have a 100 petaflops supercomputer by 2015 and a 1000 petaflops one by 2020. These all gonna use 龙芯 for sure.

Keep it cool guys.:cheers:

Even if HAARP exists it would be a pretty indiscriminant weapon (bit like nuke).

I hope all that Indian originality will pick up a sword and fight, if they are going to stand on principle during a war. What's sad about this attitude is not that some random forum noob is saying it, it's that their defence establishment also saying it

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...f-marshal-pv-naik-questions-ethics-j20-2.html

What kind of army whines about an enemy not playing fair? Pathetic.

Oh Dear!!! Let us talk about chinese HAARP... duh!!! we will fight with sticks and stones... if that makes you happy

Oh Dear!!! Let us talk about chinese HAARP... duh!!! we will fight with sticks and stones... if that makes you happy

Well, you can just stay away from this thread if you dislike it, and trolling is not a good example.

Back
Top Bottom