What's new

Possible Solution of Kashmir issue...Your Opinion

Chinese will partake in referendum ? Because Pakistan decided to give away their land ?

No, because India and Pakistan would be stealing the diplomatic show that China has a free ticket to. No way will they let that happen, they will try to take lead in the entire episode and establish themselves as the front runners of the entire episode.
Chinese diplomatic community is very prudent and take a lot of calculated risks.

Must have been discussed since the inception of PDF. Our great great Grand Children will also discuss the same with threatening to each other.......nothing will happen till sun becomes a red giant!!

No, because India and Pakistan would be stealing the diplomatic show that China has a free ticket to. No way will they let that happen, they will try to take lead in the entire episode and establish themselves as the front runners of the entire episode.
Chinese diplomatic community is very prudent and take a lot of calculated risks.
I guess, by the same logic US will step in.. so Russia will follow. Saudis will see Muslim interest there, and the Iranians will respond back in kind.
Ohh recipe for disaster!
Icarus, this is highly improbable!
You know what the Indian standpoint is in this matter. No third-parties!

not trying to brag but i think i have the best solution.
make loc the international border and then provide refuge to all Kashmiri muslims being persecuted from resultant communal violence. win win situation because then our kashmiri brethren wont have to suffer in the name of jihad anymore.
i believe the people are more important than the land since we have an abundance of land here, thus my viewpoint.
Agreed, but not every sane person will think like that. Fight is for land not for ppl. If it was ppl then most of the crisis like palestine,kashmir would have solved long time back.

Of course only viable solution is making loc the border. When neither of them is willing to budge then why talk about other solutions ?

I guess, by the same logic US will step in.. so Russia will follow. Saudis will see Muslim interest there, and the Iranians will respond back in kind.
Ohh recipe for disaster!
Icarus, this is highly improbable!
You know what the Indian standpoint is in this matter. No third-parties!

All those parties would want a piece of the pie but they don't have a portion of territory to bring to the table with them, which would give the Chinese an unprecedented edge. Of course our agreement on no third parties would dictate against it but the Chinese could maintain that they would like to offer their region for the right to self-determination as well. No one could say no to that, it would be diplomatic suicide.

All those parties would want a piece of the pie but they don't have a portion of territory to bring to the table with them, which would give the Chinese an unprecedented edge.
Hence my first question..all this because Pakistan gave away part to China ?
Of course our agreement on no third parties would dictate against it but the Chinese could maintain that they would like to offer their region for the right to self-determination as well. No one could say no to that, it would be diplomatic suicide.
Saying yes to that will be a diplomatic suicide for India. For that matter, even for Pakistan, saying yes to that will be tantamount to taking away the chairs before one could gather in front of the table. And with that, I think we have reached our impasse.

Hence my first question..all this because Pakistan gave away part to China ?

Saying yes to that will be a diplomatic suicide for India. For that matter, even for Pakistan, saying yes to that will be tantamount to taking away the chairs before one could gather in front of the table. And with that, I think we have reached our impasse.

Valid points, I think we can only know for sure which way the wind will blow should this unlikely event ever come to pass!

Why Kashmir to give the special treatment as compared to other princess states after partition. After partition all princess states that were not part of British rule were told to join either India or Pakistan. Pakistan might be able to get J&K because the king was confused at that time because all roads were connected through Pakistan but she did the mistake by attacking which makes the King to sign the agreement with India and formally join Indian republic and it is internationally recognized. The *** pakistan occupied kashmir is the issue that is need to be discussed because the occupation is illegal.

Case closed
You claim to be the worlds biggest democracy, do a democratic election in kashmir, not much to as for worlds biggest democracy.

At the time of separation it was decided by most of the Kashmir leadership to become an independent state so that to avoid conflict with both India and Pakistan. It was a wise decision and those who think that independent Kashmir cannot survive independently, need to study the history of Kashmir! But past is past
Now, Azad Kashmir would surely decide in favor of Pakistan as they share a strong bonding, and so will the majority muslim population of J & K. Because, most of the J&K kashmiris share blood relations with ones in azad kashmiri, they would love to be united with them and with the ones that are settled in Pakistan.

What should be done and what will happen are two different things ......Chenab formula seems very much workable and prudent and in favor of everyone. And why shouldn't Muslim majority region go to Pakistan ? It was true spirit of the Independence and two nation theory which is still alive ! But it will not happen due to Indian mentality . What will happen is .................a bloody big war after which not only Kashmir but much more will come to Pakistan .....we should all wait and see what is written in the destiny of this region !

What should be done and what will happen are two different things ......Chenab formula seems very much workable and prudent and in favor of everyone. And why shouldn't Muslim majority region go to Pakistan ? It was true spirit of the Independence and two nation theory which is still alive ! But it will not happen due to Indian mentality . What will happen is .................a bloody big war after which not only Kashmir but much more will come to Pakistan .....we should all wait and see what is written in the destiny of this region !
so you think that by taking kashmir you will end the war?? india would give and forget? Yes! kashmiri people wish to become part of Pakistan, but their would only be two ways to get it peacefully, either conquer india or let the kashmiri people decide! Chenab is not workable as it would an agreement of India and Pakistan, not testified by kashmiri people. The only solution acceptable(possible) to kashmiris is their right of self determination on both sides of the LOC.

who started first? (Shuruaat kisne ki :-) )

I have selected a solution from the six possible solution from the artical posted by OP. I didn't invented a solution unlike you.

And see you start jerking off infront of public :P

I'm sure if Pakistan and India take such a bold step, China will not want to be outdone by them. Either by choice or by compulsion for maintaining their prestige, the Chinese will also partake in the referendum.

Dear Friend...India and Pakistan will take these steps because both will be benifitted out of it...China never sees itself embroiled itself in South Asia and Kashmir issue in particular...And on top of that China even does not consider Aksai Chin is part of Jammu and Kashmir itself...So your hope is good...Even mine too...But just for prestige sake, no one loose their occupied territory...Again, do not think that i am trolling here..This is the real ground situation i am speaking...
And that is the reason, i want Indian Gov should go ahead and allow UN resolution to get implemented. But i know that in 2015, UN resolution is practically impossible to implement as China will never even allow their part of Kashmir to become even an independent nation....Think rationally rather than just blaming India for everything...

At the time of separation it was decided by most of the Kashmir leadership to become an independent state so that to avoid conflict with both India and Pakistan. It was a wise decision and those who think that independent Kashmir cannot survive independently, need to study the history of Kashmir! But past is past
Now, Azad Kashmir would surely decide in favor of Pakistan as they share a strong bonding, and so will the majority muslim population of J & K. Because, most of the J&K kashmiris share blood relations with ones in azad kashmiri, they would love to be united with them and with the ones that are settled in Pakistan.

Nothing of this sort is going to happen sir!! Ultimately LOC will become an international border...that's the max to which global community, in wake of nuclear threats, border firings, human rights violations etc, can persuade India and Pak. Beyond that level, India will not budge.
Regarding " J&K kashmiris love to be united with blood relations in Azad Kashmir", they are most welcome to go and settle there..and be united.

Back
Top Bottom