What's new

Possible Solution of Kashmir issue...Your Opinion

Kashmir is very important for Indian national security. Any solution that involves India giving up even an inch of land from the current position is a non-starter. I think most Indians would eventually agree to a solution of converting the current LOC to IB. But anything less and we are back to status quo.

Give it to Bangladesh (both of them). Thus no conflict between India or Pakistan and everybody lives in peace.

We will in return give you Hasina and Khaleda. A fair offer I believe.
Only if you accept our package of Zardari, Noora, Altaf bhai & Diesel as well.:enjoy:

The most realistic solution is Musharraf's. I hate that man, but his proposal is probably the more realistic and best solution. It favors neither side, and both sides will have to swallow a bitter pill, but it would work marvelously.

The most realistic solution is Musharraf's. I hate that man, but his proposal is probably the more realistic and best solution. It favors neither side, and both sides will have to swallow a bitter pill, but it would work marvelously.

It was Pakistan which reneged on the solution & you still see your politicians blame him. Both PPP & now the NS government have attempted to jettison that part which is why NS keeps harping back to the Lahore declaration of 1999. Your then army chief Kayani withdrew his backing for the proposal almost immediately after Musharraf quit.

For some weird reason, both the PPP government & Nawaz Sharif think that India will give them more than what the Musharraf-MMS solutions envisaged. When any Pakistani looks realistically at your Kashmir policy, that is what should be the most striking. This belief that somehow India will buckle in & give something more than was agreed with Musharraf. It is that more than anything else that is the reason for the impasse. You can talk Kashmir all you like but since you are no longer willing to resolve it in a manner that had reasonable agreement (not total) & instead seek to go to a position which would not be acceptable to India, what exactly do you think will happen? Only the utterly naive will think that the main problem is some silly meeting with the Hurriyat.

The problem is that post 2007, Pakistan has attempted to backtrack from its positions and that has meant that India simply does not consider Pakistan a serious negotiator on this issue.

Give it to Bangladesh (both of them). Thus no conflict between India or Pakistan and everybody lives in peace.

We will in return give you Hasina and Khaleda. A fair offer I believe.
very cheep deal, what would we do with hasina and khalida zia, ,,,,,, ham nay in say pyaz katwanay hain kia.......

Steps for normalization of Kashmir
1. Demilitarize kashmir
2. Merge Gb, northern areas (including those ceded to china by pak), kashmir, jammu, leh laddakh and siachen.
3 radcliffe line should be made defacto border between kashmir and pak
4. border between himachal and JnK to be the border between india and JnK.
5. both the above borders shall have to be porous and should facilitate the free movement of kashmiris on and from both sides.
6. international checkpoints b/w pak n kashmir and ind and kashmir to be somewhere in radcliffe line and himachal border, respectively.
7. jammu and leh ladakh to be given autonomous status.
8. trade b/w pak and india shall be routed through kashmir so that the kashmiris get benefitted (to compensate their miseries by these two countries for the last 70 years.)

live happily.

its like chandigarh being the capital city of both punjab and haryana

live happily.
living in imaginery heaven,the ground reality is much different as you dicussed and evaluated while sitting in a relaxed room, enjoying coffee sips......

living in imaginery heaven,the ground reality is much different as you dicussed and evaluated while sitting in a relaxed room, enjoying coffee sips......
off course anything different than giving the whole JnK to pakistan is imaginary for you, i suppose.
but taking ur advice, i will jump on the valley of burning coals before i write a post in PdF

Pakistan has attempted to backtrack from its positions and that has meant that India simply does not consider Pakistan a serious negotiator on this issue.

Add to this the perennial issue of ' who calls the shots" - GOP Islamabad or GOP Pindi ?

One agrees, the other backs out.

Allow me to use simple mathematics to explain why your suggestions are flawed.

For India, Territory held today, I = J+K+Siachin+Ladakh
For Pak, P = AJK+GB
For China, C = Aksai+z(ceded territory)

Now by your suggestion, the outcome is either K goes Pak or independent. What happens then is:
I = J+Ladakh
P= AJK+GB+K+Siachin
C = Aksai+z

or

I = J+Ladakh
P=AJK+GB+Siachin
C=Aksai+z
K

In both cases, I loses territory held by it, while Pak gains territory or at the very least holds onto it's current areas. In effect, only India makes territorial compromises, while Pak merrily walks away with all the benefit without making any tangible concession.

Now explain why on Earth would India agree to that?

I agree with you, but....

It isn't about territory; it's about people as well.

Armed Struggle.:guns:

And the change in Pakistan's stance in 66 years is what exactly?

very cheep deal, what would we do with hasina and khalida zia, ,,,,,, ham nay in say pyaz katwanay hain kia.......

Hah!

Chicken.

Add to this the perennial issue of ' who calls the shots" - GOP Islamabad or GOP Pindi ?

One agrees, the other backs out.

Actually that is not as clear as many make it out to be. Sure, there are differences between the elected government & the military but they are not vastly different on India. For all his talk on better relations with India, NS offers up precious little of a different approach on the issue. Both he & the army disown Musharraf's proposals & want India to make more concessions with little in return.

You claim to be the worlds biggest democracy, do a democratic election in kashmir, not much to as for worlds biggest democracy.
It is already hapenning but where illegal capture of the land is remaining is needed to be freed. Don't know hat is the solution whether it is by force or with diplomacy is remaining.

Back
Top Bottom