What's new

Possible Solution of Kashmir issue...Your Opinion

Correction. India just asked for UN interve
ntion. It did not expect the UN would advise both countries to conduct a plebiscite.
Thank god we nullified that resolution by signing bilateral accords with your leadership back in 1960s and 1970s.

It is much more complex than that. I suggest you take a look at the proceedings of the UN Plebiscite Commission.
Pardon me...was there an attempt to implement resolution 47?

Indeed there was.

This is why I get high blood pressure. :-)

The all or nothing related to the areas in question. We cannot selective discuss some parts of Hari Singh's state.

As far as give & take goes my views are as follows :

1 , Independence is not an option - more reasons than one., it was not an option given to any state so why should J&K have it. This is what Hari Singh wanted in the 1st place neither India nor Pakistan accepted it then so why now ?

2. Pak keeps G & B ( two regions) + P OK

3. India keeps jammu & ladakh ( two regions) & Indian administered Kashmir.

I m being selective becoz i want to make a solution work for all parties ... & do not want to make a scenario worst thn the brit already did for us ....

A1- Independence WAS an Option .. the Princely states were Asked to Be part of Either one of Newly Found Countries or Remain Independent (But it was Highly recommended to be a Part of either one of the country based on Geography / religion / culture & other Aspects).

"" the British gave up their suzerainty of the states and left each of them free to choose whether to join one of the newly independent countries of India and Pakistan or to remain outside them. For a short time, some of the rulers explored the possibility of a federation of the states separate from either, but this came to nothing. Most of the states then decided to accede to India or to Pakistan,
In J&K a state with a Muslim majority but a Hindu ruler, the Maharaja hoped to remain independent but acceded to India on 27 October 1947 (with the Back story).""""

Your Point No 2 & 3 as i understood is calling for status Quo (Option 1) .... which is highly not feasible (otherwise the issue would have been solved by now ... As in Case of Junagarh, Hyderabad, Goa, Qalat etc.

It is not One Apple Two Apple each thing but for the sake of Argument ..... what are your opinions on

A2. Pak keeps G & B ( two regions)
A3. India keeps jammu & ladakh ( two regions)

wheras Both India & Pakistan Administered Kashmir ( two regions) become independent form one country & hopefully be happy ! (Option 5)

i understand you (Indians) won't agree to Option 6 as it doesn't make Pakistan loose any thing while india Give up the Valley .... but Option 5 is quite a fine idea too ... (bit less Feasible than Option 6, but still)

It is not One Apple Two Apple each thing but for the sake of Argument ..... what are your opinions on

A2. Pak keeps G & B ( two regions)
A3. India keeps jammu & ladakh ( two regions)

wheras Both India & Pakistan Administered Kashmir ( two regions) become independent form one country & hopefully be happy ! (Option 5)

Why joint administration ?

Given our history & complete distrust we cannot trust each other at all. Doing anything jointly is quite out of the question.

It would be an open wound. Besides, India has invested a great deal in infrastructure in J&K soon we will have trains from Srinagar to Delhi . Why would India want to share it ?

You keep your part of Kashmir & we keep ours.

I realise the keenness of Pakistanis to gain official access into the valley , India is not keen to gain access to Muzaffarabad - at least not officially.

Wars could not change the Kashmir Situation.
Conflict resolution through Dialogue is possible only when Two countries agree.

Converting LOC to IB can only be the solution be it now or 66 years later from now.

Both countries leave it declare it as free Kashmir a country which should not be part of both countries. Leave it and live freely.

The issues exists due to Muslim population of Kashmir. Why don't both countries exchange the population itself. Let India send across the Muslims from Kashmir Valley to Pakistan and Pakistan send the Hindu population from Sindh. Afterwards convert the LOC/LA to IB.

The issues exists due to Muslim population of Kashmir. Why don't both countries exchange the population itself. Let India send across the Muslims from Kashmir Valley to Pakistan and Pakistan send the Hindu population from Sindh. Afterwards convert the LOC/LA to IB.
:o:

we would never leave Kashmiri land even if we have to kill more Kashmiris
@Icarus
Have a look at it

no its not its a territorial dispute also .

It has never been territorial dispute but rather Pakistan has been insisting that Kashmir belongs to them due to Muslim majority. So let's exchange the population simple yet effective in resolving the issues.
If you think it is territorial dispute then let the status-quo remain.

Back
Top Bottom