What's new

Possible Solution of Kashmir issue...Your Opinion

Correction. India just asked for UN interve
ntion. It did not expect the UN would advise both countries to conduct a plebiscite.
Thank god we nullified that resolution by signing bilateral accords with your leadership back in 1960s and 1970s.

It is much more complex than that. I suggest you take a look at the proceedings of the UN Plebiscite Commission.

There can be no talks only on azad kashmir it has to be the whole of kashmir and UN is the only arbitrator in international cases

Sure.

Suppose the UN arbitrates that Pakistan give up Kashmir, what then does Pakistan do?

Tell the Chinese, yo puppies, thanks for taking care of the area for us, the UN wants us to hand it over to India, please be a good sport now and oblige.

I can see them choking with laughter over their schezwan noodles and dumplings.

What @Maravan said was completely unworkable. You cited Resolution #47. You might like to look up what happened during its attempted implementation. There is no reason to believe that it won't happen again, in the eventuality of another UN Resolution.

Pardon me...was there an attempt to implement resolution 47?

Sir with all due respect to all UN resolution quoters, they mean nothing.

This is an issue between India and Pakistan, and China, insofar as they hold a part of the territory we claim.

We are not going to be able to negotiate or talk to Pakistan on the China held part.

We can only talk and negotiate with them on the Pakistan held part.

Either way, this is going to be resolved by grudgingly accepting what each holds and moving on, or maintaining the status quo and armed conflict.

Wholesale change of territory by force is unthinkable between 3 nuclear combatants sitting cheek by jowl with each other.

What can and probably will continue to happen is territorial attritional conflict like Kargil at one end of the spectrum and small posts and features on the other.

All against the backdrop of sustained covert operations deep into each state with the help of proxies.

My feeling, and this I have articulated more than once in the past, is that Kashmir is no golden sparrow but a red herring.

This fight is left incomplete from 1947, because the Partition was ill conceived and ill executed.

It has been an open wound, and "solving" Kashmir is not going to magically cauterize it.

Cheers, Doc

Pak has ceded parts of disputed territory to China - this dilutes their stand on plebiscite

The UN resloution was indicated as most posters here use it as the start point of all discussions.

The fight is incomplete but how does one complete it ? Fighting again is the silliest & worst option . This is my view not because of nukes.

Pak has ceded parts of disputed territory to China - this dilutes their stand on plebiscite

The UN resloution was indicated as most posters here use it as the start point of all discussions.

The fight is incomplete but how does one complete it ? Fighting again is the silliest & worst option . This is my view not because of nukes.
That territory you are referring uninhabited and disputed between China and Pakistan even there is no possible way from Pakistan to go other side so both mutually decided to an agreement. So your point on plebiscite is null and void since nobody is there to cast his / her opinion.

Agreed sir. But even without that, there would be no plebiscite. Hope you agree.

Agreed again. Agnostic Muslim circa 2009-10.

2015 - brain freeze.

This is a sociological problem sir. It is going to be solved by fighting only when one side can fight no more.

Or when both sides want to fight no more.

The former is a big bang change. The latter will take time.

Eventually, in all probability, measured up, the same amount of blood would have to flow. Just the time equations would be very different.

I was of the opinion we r discussion "POSSIBLE" solutions to Kashmir issue .... if u stick to All or Nothing (& retrospectively) Pakistan) mentality then there is no point to talk .... this all or nothing have been dragged for 70ish years .. may drag a further 70 years ....

but if both countries needs to leave the Past behind & proceed for a better safer prosperous world ... it has to be a MUTUALLY Agreed Solution based on Give & Take & Compromise & Adjust & Accommodate ... i move ahead & proposed a Solution beyond its ALl or nothing if u have any such option .. please bring it on ..... else its all a Moo Point .. nothing to discuss !

And i already responded to de-militarization that with the trust deficit .. it is not Never going to happen ...the best would be UN supervised Elections ... & U & We both Know what would be the result ... Kashmiries (Majority) Need Freedom . Independence from BOTH Pakistan & India ... G & B is well integrated with Pakistan in all aspects ... so is I believe Jammu & Ladakh to india ....

SO why not just do what needs to be done & move on ..... !

& referendum is NOT for the sake of identifying where the region's loyalty lies ... EVERYONE knows the Masses Opinion ... it is in order to sell thi solution to the people of Pakistan & India !

BUt Hey who cares .....

Lets stick to Kashmir Hamara Atoot Ang hai & Kashmir Hamari Sheh Rag hai Slogan !!! ..coz they is good for the politicians & the Military & may be everyone .. BUT KASHMIRIES !!!

The all or nothing related to the areas in question. We cannot selective discuss some parts of Hari Singh's state.

As far as give & take goes my views are as follows :

1 , Independence is not an option - more reasons than one., it was not an option given to any state so why should J&K have it. This is what Hari Singh wanted in the 1st place neither India nor Pakistan accepted it then so why now ?

2. Pak keeps G & B ( two regions) + P OK

3. India keeps jammu & ladakh ( two regions) & Indian administered Kashmir.

I read already .Are you mad?? Indians are happy with status of quo it had been mentioned so many times in various thread. Other possible solution for Kashmir is full of crap.

That's a very compelling argument on your part. Must have taken you ages to sew together that sentence.
Learn how to maintain a civil and fact based debate please, "are you mad" is hardly doing your failure to rebut ANY points justice and "full of crap" is hardly a very fulfilling mine of argument to justify where you stand.

Agreed sir. But even without that, there would be no plebiscite. Hope you agree.

Plebiscite is a complete Non starter. Consigned to the dust bin - burnt and disposed.
Agreed again. Agnostic Muslim circa 2009-10.

2015 - brain freeze.

Agreed
This is a sociological problem sir. It is going to be solved by fighting only when one side can fight no more.

Or when both sides want to fight no more.

The former is a big bang change. The latter will take time.

Eventually, in all probability, measured up, the same amount of blood would have to flow. Just the time equations would be very different.

As the CPEC develops ( if at all ), China's interests in status quo will increase.

It does not take much to fight ironically it does not achieve much either .

That territory you are referring uninhabited and disputed between China and Pakistan even there is no possible way from Pakistan to go other side so both mutually decided to an agreement. So your point on plebiscite is null and void since nobody is there to cast his / her opinion.

There is nobody in Siachen too.

Plebiscite is a complete Non starter. Consigned to the dust bin - burnt and disposed.

Agreed

As the CPEC develops ( if at all ), China's interests in status quo will increase.

It does not take much to fight ironically it does not achieve much either .

There is nobody in Siachen too.
Yep but Siachen is a Pakistani territory we should and will get it back.

Scenario Four is the only solution to the Kashmir problem...

Back
Top Bottom