What's new

Possible expansion of Pakistan

Do you agree with the idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
View attachment 772877View attachment 772878View attachment 772879

It would be better to just take the Kabul basin and surrounding areas, since it's a part of the Indus river system, which is the core of Pakistan. Both the Kunar and Kabul rivers would be under Pakistan control. Not to mention, since there are natural borders like Pamir/Hindu Kush mountains, the Western flank of Pakistan would be protected and have natural barriers.
The maps that I have seen are including almost half of Afghanistan.
islamabad main paani nhi a raha bhai phly kuch karo
Sir kashmir lyna hoga usky liay.

Not if the people who live there are troublemakers. It will just make Pakistan look bad, imagine the terrorist threat ranking :lol: :lol: Would nullify any gains. However if you are proposing a concrete electric border with 24/7 armed drone coverage then maybe.

We have had multiple opportunities to take chunk out of Iran for the oil, that's the play I would make. If I wake up and Pakistan has secured the oil fields and is moving in with 600k troops then finally this country has grown a pair.

Afghanistan has its own culture and history, to “merge” it with Pakistan will not play over well with their world view. Best to be good neighbors and trading partners. A unified peaceful and independent Afghanistan will be the best way for them to work out their issues and attract foreign aid and trade.

Just think of all the ways our politicians could screw up the fragile relationship. This is why Pakistan should support Afghanistan reconstruction, and eventually we should hope they are stable and peaceful enough that we can have a Schegan style (free movement between countries as in the European Union) arrangement with them in 15-20 years.

We should keep our focus on building up Baluchistan and other underdeveloped parts of our own country. We also need to focus on our economy.
We need to narrow down our defense focus. For that, we need to resolve many issues, that includes kashmir and Afghanistan.

It would be a good solution for the Tajiks and Hazaras in the area. Afghan Taliban would want Pakistan to implement their ideology in government though :-)

So if supposedly we conquer these areas... How are you going to administer them ? Where will get the cash for such an endeavor ?

My question is if almost half of Afghanistan wants to join Pakistan, then will we welcome it?
Foj to Kashmir ki LOC pe lagi hui hay. Irada to east janay ka tha, aap west le k jaa rahay hain .

KPK FC vs Afghan Talibs - who would win ?

We need to narrow down our defense focus. For that, we need to resolve many issues, that includes kashmir and Afghanistan.

Or at least have a sustainable plan for both that doesn’t come at the expensive our economic growth and stability. Idealistically, We need a plan to grow our economy at twice the rate of Indian growth for the next 15-30 years to catch up to India on a GDP per capita basis (because our population will nearly double in those 25-30 years) but in the end a 400 million population Pakistan with $2 trillion dollar stable economy will be better placed to deal with a $8 Trillion 1.6 billion population India, in 2050.

Well, guys, I am already ready for getting trolled for this. But so be it.

I am hearing some noises from Pakistan and from Afghanistan that few parts of Afghanistan that they want to join Pakistan. And if this happens, then there dies the idea of Durand line, automatically.
My question is if almost half of Afghanistan wants to join Pakistan, then will we welcome it? This also has the potential to end the endless wars in Afghanistan. Although demographics in Pakistan will be changed, but then we will also be more of a central asian nation, than South Asian.

Your views, please.

@ghazi52 @Mentee @Irfan Baloch @newb3e @PaklovesTurkiye @MastanKhan
I will personally support this idea.

Half of Afghanistan will never want to join Pakistan. Even among the most friendliest Afghans they pride themselves on never being subjugated.
Their history is also long as a viable state ,and any such idea will never be entertained.
Pakistan has enough people at 230 million and land where an insurgency rages (Baluchistan). Let’s concentrate on that.

Last edited:
Or at least have a sustainable plan for both that doesn’t come at the expensive our economic growth and stability. Idealistically, We need a plan to grow our economy at twice the rate of Indian growth for the next 15-30 years to catch up to India on a GDP per capita basis (because our population will nearly double in those 25-30 years) but in the end a 400 million population Pakistan with $2 trillion dollar stable economy will be better placed to deal with a $8 Trillion 1.6 billion population India, in 2050.
I'm not too sure if this population boom is a good thing

And second twice the rate as if India is doing 7% we do 14% that's not at all realistic

Well, guys, I am already ready for getting trolled for this. But so be it.

I am hearing some noises from Pakistan and from Afghanistan that few parts of Afghanistan that they want to join Pakistan. And if this happens, then there dies the idea of Durand line, automatically.
My question is if almost half of Afghanistan wants to join Pakistan, then will we welcome it? This also has the potential to end the endless wars in Afghanistan. Although demographics in Pakistan will be changed, but then we will also be more of a central asian nation, than South Asian.

Your views, please.

@ghazi52 @Mentee @Irfan Baloch @newb3e @PaklovesTurkiye @MastanKhan
I will personally support this idea.

Kashmir and Junagarh are already part of Pakistan. I do not support the inclusion of any other territory. Maybe a tiny slice of the Wuhan Corridor would help Pakistan but that can be negotiated with the Afghan Government.

It would be a good solution for the Tajiks and Hazaras in the area. Afghan Taliban would want Pakistan to implement their ideology in government though :-)

This would be the biggest roadblock to any political merger. Afghanistan is generally much more conservative than Pakistan. Pakistan's political sphere ranges from a small but very vocal secular community (the vast majority of our ruling elite), a large relatively conservative/semi conservative community who don't trust political mullahs, and then a small ultra conservative minority who are akin to the Taliban religiously and culturally.

It would require a re-design of our political system, maybe something could be borrowed from Indonesia where they have a relatively secular style democractic country (politically speaking) and yet at the same time have some ultra conservative regions with a full implementation of Shariah.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom