What's new

Positive vibes Pakistan

A pia staff dresses as santa distributing candy to children in pia .
FHWLFpyXMAsDkNu.jpeg

Google celebrates Moin Akhtar’s 71st birth anniversary with doodle
Moin Akhter was born in Karachi on December 24, 1950

By Web Desk
December 24, 2021

Internet giant google celebrated legendary actor and comedian late Moin Akhter’s 71st birth anniversary with a retro doodle.

Moin Akhter was born in Karachi on December 24, 1950 and began his acting career as a child actor at the age of 13.

He made his television debut on 6th September 1966.

Google celebrated the 71st birthday of the comedy legend with a retro doodle featuring him on several TV screens.

Moin Akhter’s sense of humour was highly dynamic and versatile.

He died on 22 April 2011 in Karachi after suffering a heart attack.

The actor was awarded Presidential Pride of Performance in 1996 and "Sitara-i-Imtiaz" in 2011.

When I was 19 years old & a 1st-year medical student, my mother was in hospital with end-stage heart failure.

I travelled 250 miles from my university to visit my mom. She was really ill. I wasn’t sure whether I should leave her & travel back to medical school, or stay with her.

My mother said, "You must go back. I want you to be a doctor & help people. I will be ok." Five days later, she died.

Twenty years later today, Farzana Hussain is one of the few doctors who have been declared as heroes in UK for their extraordinary services during the coronavirus pandemic.

Her huge photo is displayed at Piccadilly Lights in London.

1640907424855.png

Karachi's JPMC hires 'Pakistan's first transgender doctor' Sara Gill

Imtiaz Ali
February 2, 2022

Dr Sara Gill (C) with JPMC Executive Director Prof. Shahid Rasool after receiving her employment offer. — Photo by Sindh CM House

Dr Sara Gill (C) with JPMC Executive Director Prof. Shahid Rasool after receiving her employment offer. — Photo by Sindh CM House

Karachi's Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) offered a house job to "Pakistan's first transgender doctor" on Tuesday, a statement from the Sindh Chief Minister House said.

It said that on the directions of PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah had instructed the management at Karachi's biggest government-run hospital to offer employment to Dr Sara Gill immediately.

"Today, Dr Sara Gill met JPMC Executive Director Professor Shahid Rasool and received her house job order," the statement read.

Congratulating Dr Gill on her employment, CM Shah said in the statement that the PPP government was taking steps for the transgender community in all walks of life.

"We will ensure dignity and respect for transgenders in all sectors," the statement quoted the chief minister as saying.

Last month, Dr Gill, who is also a renowned transgender activist, made waves on social media after graduating with a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from Jinnah Medical and Dental College — an affiliate of Karachi University.

Several Twitter users had congratulated Dr Gill on achieving this feat despite the social stigma attached to the transgender community and the deep-rooted discrimination they face in Pakistan.

PESHAWAR: Mardans 18-year-old Shahzad has developed a social networking portal that does not require an internet connection Smile SMS. The SMS-based social networking service enables users to gather local and international information on their phones, free of cost, without using the internet.

IT-savvy Shahzad has been into developing programmes and websites ever since he was in grade six. This hobby transformed into passion and helped him achieve a lot at a very young age.

Sajjad Khan, one of the users of the service said that in his village, hundreds of students dont have internet access to use this service. This is the first time that such a service has been launched in K-P. It is benefitting a lot of people, said Khan.

Social networking redefined: Mardan boy develops SMS-based portal – The Express Tribune
This is so impressive!

When I was 19 years old & a 1st-year medical student, my mother was in hospital with end-stage heart failure.

I travelled 250 miles from my university to visit my mom. She was really ill. I wasn’t sure whether I should leave her & travel back to medical school, or stay with her.

My mother said, "You must go back. I want you to be a doctor & help people. I will be ok." Five days later, she died.

Twenty years later today, Farzana Hussain is one of the few doctors who have been declared as heroes in UK for their extraordinary services during the coronavirus pandemic.

Her huge photo is displayed at Piccadilly Lights in London.

View attachment 804756
Humble lady, stay blessed sister.

''You must not lose faith in humanity''
This is the message we learnt from the magic healer Dr Ruth Pfao
❤

1660132148111.png

1660132185670.png

1660132281182.png

Death anniversary of Dr. Ruth Pfau a selfless mother of this nation Who devoted her life to battling leprosy in Pakistan, is being observed today: Due to her tireless effort, Pakistan was declared Leprosy free by World Health Organization in 1996. She was an honorary citizen of Pakistan, died a national hero and buried with full state honors.

1660132365216.png

Naila Kiani becomes first Pak woman to summit 3 peaks

Recorder

62ffeaa292e99.jpg

LAHORE: The Dubai-based banker by profession and mother of two, Naila Kiani became the first Pakistani female climber to summit three 8000+ peaks in her first attempt.

BARD Foundation held an event at the Lahore Press Club to highlight Naila Kiani’s experience during her two-month long mountaineering feat. Her original expedition commenced in June 2022 from Skardu, where she was accompanied by Sirbaz Khan & Suhail Sakhi, as she summited K2 and Gasherbrum I.

Speaking on the occasion, Naila said, “It’s very important to have a strong support system during times like this and I’m proud that my nation, my fellow climbing community and the BARD Foundation, did not fail me.

The foundation’s unconditional faith in my endeavours is proof of its vision to enable the Pakistani sports ecosystem. Even though this was one of the most difficult challenges I’ve undertaken, I pledge to continue to take on more mountaineering adventures and encourage aspiring climbers to experience this amazing quest for them.”

Mehreen Dawood said, “Naila has inspired and motivated women across the nation to pursue their sports careers with zeal. She has also promoted gender equality in the sports community and proven, through her conviction, that women can surpass any challenge in their path. The foundation encouraged by Naila’s success will continue to nurture young athletes so that they can be stars for Pakistan.”

Copyright Business Recorder, 2022

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom