What's new

Positive vibes Pakistan

May 4, 2019
Hannan Sarwar becomes first youngest Pakistani councilor in UK

466730_6680917_hannan-amir_updates.jpg

Teenager Hannan Amir Sarwar has made history to become the first and youngest British Pakistani who got elected as a councilor from the Wilmslow Town council, Manchester in Britain’s local councils’ elections.

The teenage politician was one of four candidates who got elected unopposed to Wilmslow Town Council for the town’s east ward.

Hannan’s family belongs to Faisalabad, Pakistan. He is from Styal and turned 18 in February this year.

He joined the Conservative Party a year ago.

Hannan met Prime Minister Theresa May on Thursday – the day when Britain held local councils’ elections. He was invited to a Conservative Association reception as one of the country’s youngest elected town councillors.

“British Prime Minister Theresa May congratulated me after I have won the Local Councils’ election on ticket of the Conservative Party,” 18-year-old Hannan told Geo News. “The PM asked me to expedite the political activities.”

I was invited to meet her in the party’s reception, he told.

The newly elected councilor said the entire community will have to play its due role to do away with Islamophobia and hate crimes in Britain. “Ethnic minorities groups, particularly British Pakistanis, should stand up and share their feelings with others,” he remarked.

It’s high time we got ourselves heard, he said.

Young politician also said his role model is founder of Pakistan, Quaid-e-Azam Muhammed Ali Jinnah. “I have taken inspiration from a lot of people, including Imran Khan, Quaid-e-Azam, UK politicians, and young Pakistani parliamentarians,” he pointed out. They are my role models, he said.

Hannan is a student of A-levels at St Ambrose College at Hale Barns. As a member of the Young Enterprise Greater Manchester Local Volunteer Board, he holds regular events for local charities.

The teenage councilor said he joined the Conservative Party just over a year ago. Afterward, I was asked to contest the local elections, he told. I applied and went for an interview, he said. “I was unanimously selected to contest in the local elections,” he told.

PESHAWAR: Mardan’s 18-year-old Shahzad has developed a social networking portal that does not require an internet connection – “Smile SMS”. The SMS-based social networking service enables users to gather local and international information on their phones, free of cost, without using the internet.

IT-savvy Shahzad has been into developing programmes and websites ever since he was in grade six. This hobby transformed into passion and helped him achieve a lot at a very young age.

Sajjad Khan, one of the users of the service said that in his village, hundreds of students don’t have internet access to use this service. “This is the first time that such a service has been launched in K-P. It is benefitting a lot of people, said Khan.

Social networking redefined: Mardan boy develops SMS-based portal – The Express Tribune
its good to see how pakistanis are making their nation proud everywhere, many of our youth is engaging in activities like drug addiction and other inappropriate activities i hope their attentions turn toward something productive that will not only benefit them but also make our Pakistan Proud

Iran 2 days ago.
Indian and and Pakistani officers next to each other :)

3119760.jpg

Iran 2 days ago.
Indian and and Pakistani officers next to each other :)

3119760.jpg

Its not positive vibe when India is imposing war on Pakistan but i guess Iran has nothing to lose in Indo-Pak conflict.

there is no war.

tell that the people living in Kashmir who are being used as human shields and subjected to mass rape and the state sponsored terrorism by India in Pakistan. I guess that has no interest for you since you want to sell gas and lease your port to India.

Its a professional army and thus the professional attitude once invited by friendly country to both countries, India and Pakistan.

21st May
Proud moment for Pakistan
Col. Rtd. Abdul Jabbar Bhatti was on top of world's highest mountain (The Everest)
Many many Congratulations once again.

60859483_418484992069218_854867219694223360_o.jpg

Mirza Ali becomes first Pakistani to scale seven summits

474883_9632929_everest_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: High-altitude mountaineer Mirza Ali became the first Pakistani man to achieve the milestone of scaling seven summits in seven continents after successfully climbing Mount Everest on Wednesday.

“Ali achieved the feat after ascending world’s highest peak today at 2:16am.

He is the first Pakistani man to climb seven summits in seven continents,” Karrar Haidri, secretary Alpine Club of Pakistan (ACP) told APP on Wednesday.

The Seven Summits are composed of each of the tallest mountain peaks of each of the seven continents.

Ascending all these peaks is regarded as a mountaineering challenge.

America’s Richard Bass was the first climber to achieve the feat on April 30, 1985.The 35-year-old Ali is the brother of Samina Baig, the first Pakistani woman, who climbed Mount Everest in in 2013 and then all Seven Summits by 2014.“It is a great achievement for the country as Mirza Ali and Samina are also the world’s first siblings to accomplish this feat,” Karrar said.

Other Pakistanis who successfully scaled Mount Everest are Nazir Sabir, Hassan Sadpara and Col (retd) Abdul Jabbar Bhatti.

Barring Bhatti, who is from Punjab all others climbers belong to Gilgit-Baltistan.

Nazir climbed Mount Everest in 2000 to become the first Pakistani to do so.

While Hassan Sadapara, who passed away in 2016 was the second Pakistan to scale the highest peak in 2011. Samina is the third Pakistani, while Col (retd) Abdul Jabbar is the fourth Pakistani to successfully achieve the feat in May 2017

Pakistan has a 63% youth population. I would like to discuss the dramatic age related social restructuring going on in Pakistan with the young generation as they get educated.
The serial Ehde-Wafa symbolizes the class, rural, urban distinctions which ultimately get neutralized in the face of education and working for national unity and security.
The growth of nationalism over ethnic, linguistic and religious sect identities is a growing phenomenon amongst the young educated youth in Pakistan.
I don't know if it is as widespread as I think but I notice at least within my family in Pakistan in Karachi there have been inter-ethnic marriages ,
- Sindhi and Indian origin from
Eastern India.
- Punjabi and Indian origin from Eastern India ( Assad Umar is an example)
- Baluchi and Indian origin from
Northern India .
But this is mainly in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and amongst children of Armed Forces Personnel.
As Pakistan's communications grow and Pakistani youth both male and female join the work force, how do we see Pakistan transforming.
Will we be one day like Turkey and Iran where there are no significant tribal or ethnic divisions as such .
One common factor is the language. I was amazed to see my cousin's spouse hailing from rural Sindh in the Larkana area but who had studied in Karachi speak Urdu with a flawless accent. Looks aside on the phone no one could tell her origins not only because of her accent but vocabulary. She was not a literature student but an architect so her acquisition of proficiency in Urdu was voluntary. Nor did she have to because she and her husband could have chosen to speak in English. As my cousins friends and nieces married into Sindhi, Baluchi , Punjabi and Pathan houses their spouses both male and female rapidly acquired ( they already didn't have this already) an astonishing fluency in Urdu with a flawless accent, These marriages were usually born out of associations in the work place or through social interactions at army bases etc. and the couples could very well have kept their communications in English.
Is this blending a good thing ?
Will it cause Pakistan's unique and diverse cultural heritage to be degraded?
What do we think?

1619384738531.png

LAHORE, Apr 25 (APP):Islamic teachings stress upon helping the poor strata of society to maintain dignity and respect besides promoting spirit of tranquility, love, brotherhood, generosity and sacrifice in society. The societal and economic development of a society is dependent on provision of equal living standards to all segments of society, especially for the under-privileged, deprived and living below the poverty line. Inspired by the state of Madina (Riyasat e Madina established by the holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) in which affluent Ansar (locals) helped the needy migrants from Makkah for an equal and prosperous society), Prime Minister Imran Khan, soon after assuming power in 2018, founded Shelter Homes (Panahgahs) Programme to provide honorable shelters to the destitute, less privileged maintain respect and the homeless who had to spend nights under the open skies and were exposed to the vagaries of weather and slept hungry.

The foundation of the project was laid on November 10, 2018.

imran-khan-2.jpeg

Prime Minister Imran Khan while inaugurating the project said that the project was the most important project among the top priorities of the Pakistan Tehreek e Insaaf (PTI) government. The Premier said said it was his cherished dream to provide shelter homes to the needy and homeless people and setting up of ‘Panahgahs’. He said it was a practical step towards the making of a society like Riyasat-e-Madina, adding that the initiative would pave the way for economic development besides providing respectful living facilities to a worker, passenger and homeless people. As per 2017 census, country’s population was approximately 220 million and out of which 20 million population comprises homeless and the under-privileged.

In such circumstances ‘Shelter Home’ is a programme of social welfare and societal development and fulfillment of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s cherished dream of a welfare state which provides respectful living to the homeless people. Currently, there are six Shelter Homes in the provincial capital which include one at Bhaati Gate, at fruit market, Railway Station, Lorry Adda, Thokar Niaz baig and Gulberg.

These shelter homes are serving the needy people. Those staying at these shelter homes are getting various facilities like quality food, security, one bed and breakfast. To ensure proper security arrangements cameras are installed which operate around the clock. Cleanliness is ensured in Panahgahs. Other facilities include neat and clean bed, hot water in winters, attach bathrooms, clothes washing facilities and each ‘Panahgah’ had one Mosque in it. Medical teams provide free healthcare facilities to those who stay in these shelter homes.

Provincial Minister for Social Welfare and Baitul Maal Syed Yawar Abbas Bukhari said it was
top priority of the PTI government to serve the deserving segments of the society.

He said that Prime Minister Imran Khan was making sincere efforts for the prosperity and development of the country. The minister said that the purpose of setting up shelter homes was to provide living facilities to the needy and homeless people.He further said during the past two winters and severe weather conditions, the Punjab government had set up 92 temporary ‘Panahgahs’ in 36 districts of the province. Syed Yawar said the incumbent government had announced to expand the horizon of this project to other big cities.

This project of PTI government was being appreciated at national and international levels, he added.He said the project was a practical step towards the 2025 vision of the present government aimed at social welfare, adding that it would enable to promote societal justice and equality in the society.

1619384774609.png

And then there are inspiring stories like this one, that shows that in Pakistani society, there is still the triumph of hope and hard work over all odds:

Nisha Rao went from begging for money on the streets of Karachi, Pakistan’s largest city, to becoming the country’s first transgender lawyer. Today, she seeks to use the law to make Pakistan a more equitable place for transgender people.

... ...

Rao coped with being seen as an outcast by some by taking comfort in her transgender community. At 16, she left for Karachi, where she lived in a transgender colony and went on to earn an undergraduate degree in political science and economics and a master's degree in international relations from the University of Karachi. In 2018, she earned a law degree from Sindh Muslim Law College.

She funded her studies, she said, through a combination of loans and begging on the streets of Karachi for more than eight years,
an experience she characterized as routinely dehumanizing. “People were very disrespectful toward me and didn’t believe that I begged for my education,” she said.

She begged by day and studied law by night, she said. After she received her law license in 2019, she began to represent mostly transgender people and cisgender women in harassment, divorce and child custody cases. She said she’s worked on more than 50 cases so far, with about 70 percent of them being pro bono. She earns most of her salary, she said, by working with a lawyer in Karachi’s city court, and she receives some financial support from her family.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom