What's new

Poorest Poor In US Hits New Record: 1 In 15 People

Guyz i don't mean to crash the party but even if 1 in 15 is poor it is waaaaaaaaaay higher than us, though i don't live in America(have heard much from my relatives though) that these poor guyz are those who just don't simply want to work and so they are addicted to these food stamps and such. Doesn't mean America is going down anytime soon in foreseeable future.

So Americans.. what is the Government doing about the poor people ?

Do you have a social benfit scheme for them ?

I heard Buffet pleading with the Congress to tax him more but the proposal of taxing the super rich and the rich is mired in political wranglings !!

Congress is refusing to ratify the president's welfare schemes..
Why did public spending after the 2008 crash did not lead to jobs... ?
Why did Keynesian economics failed here and now the debt limit cannot be increased further..

Any answers ?

Wall st keep robing his money instead of help :cool:

News Headlines
Look at the poverty in Hà Nội and Sài Gòn before you start pointing fingers at the US. Tôi có về Việt Nam thăm gia đình và đi chơi từ Sài Gòn tới Hà Nội ba lần rồi. Tôi biết dân người Việt Nam nghèo hơn người Mỹ lắm. Mỗi năm tôi biếu độ chừng ba-bốn ngàn đô-la cho gia đình ông chú và cô để cho ông bà có tiền sống và mua thuốc, hay có thể lâu lâu đi ra chơi vài ngày ở Vũng Tàu. So stop gloating at what is happening in the US when you know our birth country is in far worse shape.

Look at the poverty in Hà Nội and Sài Gòn before you start pointing fingers at the US. Tôi có về Việt Nam thăm gia đình và đi chơi từ Sài Gòn tới Hà Nội ba lần rồi. Tôi biết dân người Việt Nam nghèo hơn người Mỹ lắm. Mỗi năm tôi biếu độ chừng ba-bốn ngàn đô-la cho gia đình ông chú và cô để cho ông bà có tiền sống và mua thuốc, hay có thể lâu lâu đi ra chơi vài ngày ở Vũng Tàu. So stop gloating at what is happening in the US when you know our birth country is in far worse shape.
I never said VN is not a poor country , I just want to see Marx's prediction is right or not.

Great Karl Marx seem right, Capitalism may fall in rich and industrialized nation bcz it's unfair to the poor and the poor in that nation is smart enough to know how to overthrow those tyrant :P

Buy a house in VN before too late ,they will come and kill you like Super rich-Mr. Gadaffi soon bro :D

wor_uspoorest.jpg

An American who lost his job begs for his family on a street corner in Miami, Florida. The ranks of America's poor have climbed to a record high, according to new census data. (AP)

You know, it is just sad to see decent people stoop so low just to fulfill their basic needs all at the cost of a small minority who just does not know when to stop. I can't imagine the pain this man is going through and the toll of this humiliation to his self respect.

Yes, but the point is these people don't have jobs. The "poorest poor" are getting priced out of their former niches in unskilled and semi-skilled factory work by a currency-suppressing China, which U.S. policymakers see as suppressing living standards in order to build up dollar surpluses.

Don't mistake me; Chinese currency decisions are a minor factor. The major one is that we have to get our social spending under control; we are spending money on the wrong things. We should move retirement age forward twelve years, move to control medical costs better, and make it easier for new businesses to start up without government interference.

This what our congress response to the poverty:

'In God We Trust' Reaffirmed As National Motto By House Of Representatives

WASHINGTON -- The House on Tuesday passed a non-binding resolution reaffirming "In God We Trust" as the national motto.

The measure sponsored by Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., supports and encourages the motto's display in all public schools and government buildings. It was approved 396-9, with 2 abstentions.

Forbes said the resolution was needed because President Obama had once called "E pluribus unum" the national motto, and the Latin phrase meaning "from many one" was engraved in the new Capitol Visitors Center until Congress ordered that it be corrected.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., called the resolution a meaningless distraction from the nation's real problems. "Nobody is threatening the national motto," he said.

"In God We Trust" first appeared on U.S. coins during the Civil War in 1864. It officially became the national motto in 1956 and began appearing on paper currency the following year.

The President's response Obama: ‘In God We Trust' Vote Not Creating Jobs'

Can't the politicians stop the stupidity to mix government with religion? A successful government should not be a church/mosque/temple, much less an altar for preachers...

Edit to quote President Jefferson's remark:

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Danbury Baptist Association, CT., Jan. 1, 1802

Now, the congress seems tearing down the wall of separation between church and State...

The President's response Obama: ‘In God We Trust' Vote Not Creating Jobs'

Can't the politicians stop the stupidity to mix government with religion? A successful government should not be a church/mosque/temple, much less an altar for preachers...
Maybe they scare that: if they don't mix government with religion, US will have many None religion people like VietNam ,and None religion people will turn to pro-communist easily :lol:

I'm pretty sure that Mr. Gambit is extremist Christian or Catholic , that why he hates Communist like a Bull hate red colour:lol:

why are they all black?

It is well-known that Africa Americans are underprivilidged.

U.S. Hunger

We live in the world's wealthiest nation. Yet 13 percent of people living in the United States live in poverty.

Nearly one in four children live in households that struggle to put food on the table. That's 16.7 million children.

Hunger and Poverty Facts
Did you Know? Most Americans (51.4 percent) will live in poverty at some point before age 65.

U.S. Hunger - Bread for the World: Have Faith. End Hunger.

Maybe they scare that: if they don't mix government with religion, US will have many None religion people like VietNam ,and None religion people will turn to pro-communist easily :lol:

I'm pretty sure that Mr. Gambit is Christian or Catholic , that why he hates Communist like a Bull hate red colour:lol:

Guess what, my friend? You know nothing of the States and I am a staunch supporter for freedom of religion: people should have unhampered rights, called human rights, to believe or not to believe, to believe whatever religion they choose to.

Quote again President Jefferson’s remark about the US constitution:

Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination.

-Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom

This is precisely where the US strength is!

And I am also a staunch supporter to separate State from religion: don’t mix politics with religion, or you will go NO WHERE.

That’s perhaps how China is growing fast and strong. Also that’s perhaps US is leveling off or declining…

Quote President Jefferson’s remarks again:

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Danbury Baptist Association, CT., Jan. 1, 1802

Guess what, my friend? You know nothing of the States and I am a staunch supporter for freedom of religion: people should have unhampered rights, called human rights, to believe or not to believe, to believe whatever religion they choose to.

Quote again President Jefferson’s remark about the US constitution:

This is precisely where the US strength is!

And I am also a staunch supporter to separate State from religion: don’t mix politics with religion, or you will go NO WHERE.

That’s perhaps how China is growing fast and strong. Also that’s perhaps US is leveling off or declining…

Quote President Jefferson’s remarks again:
But as I know, when you join Christian or Catholic, you may have some more benefit and support from Church such as they will teach you for free , church will take care of you if you die, right ??

so i should cancel my plan to shift USA earn money and have good life? ok i remain stay here brink of my oil well :D

Most moving sign I've seen: "I'm fifteen with no home no mom and Daddy in jail." Charity can provide him with food and shelter and tax dollars his schooling, but what substitute is there for a healthy family life?

american way of life. Go spend trillions on killing for lies eg wmd in iraq etc what do you expect. Go keep spending on dtealth weapons. Soloman thats your future too.

Back
Top Bottom