What's new

Pollution in Vietnam increasing severely

old pics, the people carried no helmets when driving bikes. some pics look as if they are dated 10 or 20 years ago. here are some new ones from Saigon (note, all all places in the cíty look so).

12246907626_eb7d51729b_b.jpg

11931926976_f09e4bb612_b.jpg

10499932884_6fa0ba0c86_b.jpg

12191436144_289d406542_b.jpg

12130780965_9cf705fd15_b.jpg

12204487774_eb8bd7b4e4_b.jpg

11066625854_85e09f8ebb_b.jpg

12187054586_5f66b62743_b.jpg

12218856503_42da556f67_b.jpg

12218607036_bea7e99447_b.jpg

its changing. Nhieu Loc cannal in HCM city before
Nhieu-Loc1.gif

Nhieu-Loc-2.gif

and after cleaning, u even can go fishing
images460639_4b.jpg

Cần xử lý mạnh tay

How much will it cost if I travel to Vietnam cities, like the above ones?
the best way to reach Nha Trang is by air and car. From China, you can fly in via Hanoi or Saigon, then you continue to Cam Ranh Airport. The former civil Nha Trang airport is now only for military purposes.
The distance to Nha Trang is about 30km, which can be reached best by car. you can rental a car with driver at airport. there is cheap public bus available as well.

7e2ca3f9f8fcea4289a84ef98979290b

there are some direct flights available from Cam Ranh Airport, but mostly they go to Russian cities. Russian tourists love Nha Trang and Cam Ranh. a major military base is here. the Kilo subs are located here. So you may meet a lot of Russians, tourists as well as military advisers. :-)

Check for air fare online. Since China is a close neighbor, I think it is not expensive. lol
depending how much do you want on hotel, there is a wide range of hotels starting from $10 to $500 per night.
Hotel Nha Trang: 104 Hotels mit 8.913 Bewertungen – TripAdvisor

I suggest you book the tour at a Chinese travel agency. they should organise visa, air/car transport and hotel. food is good, heathy and cheap in Vietnam, especially on the beach, check out for sea food vendors.

8419708246_d959c7f379_z.jpg

48363_090119105100329469_STD.jpg

street+food+Vietnam+%252823%2529.JPG

pixel.gif

street+food+Vietnam+%252820%2529.JPG

Last edited:
the best way to reach Nha Trang is by air and car. From China, you can fly in via Hanoi or Saigon, then you continue to Cam Ranh Airport. The former civil Nha Trang airport is now only for military purposes.
The distance to Nha Trang is about 30km, which can be reached best by car. you can rental a car with driver at airport. there is cheap public bus available as well.

there are some direct flights available from Cam Ranh Airport, but mostly they go to Russian cities. Russian tourists love Nha Trang and Cam Ranh. a major military base is here. the Kilo subs are located here. So you may meet a lot of Russians, tourists as well as military advisers. :-)

Check for air fare online. Since China is a close neighbor, I think it is not expensive. lol
depending how much do you want on hotel, there is a wide range of hotels starting from $10 to $500 per night.

I suggest you book the tour at a Chinese travel agency. they should organise visa, air/car transport and hotel. food is good, heathy and cheap in Vietnam, especially on the beach, check out for sea food vendors.

So much details, very nice of you. I've added it to my favourites. ;)

I prefer a free trip with families or friends, travel agency sucks. How about the car rental service, I mean do they check my driver's license?If I don't hire a tour guide, language will be a big problem, English available? Vietnam and Thailand would be a good choice if travelling in winter, it's freezing cold in China.

Jesus, you gave me the German language link...nvm, I switched it to Chinese.

The environment in Vietnam is seriously damaged too.
Agree.

Let's improve our world !!!

---------
Vietnam has the S shape, stretch from North to South with narrow width;
almost cities next to the seaside, so it's good for tourism, trade, industries, but it's very easy to be harmed by development ( air, water pollution ).

vietnam.jpg

Last edited:
So much details, very nice of you. I've added it to my favourites. ;)

I prefer a free trip with families or friends, travel agency sucks. How about the car rental service, I mean do they check my driver's license?If I don't hire a tour guide, language will be a big problem, English available? Vietnam and Thailand would be a good choice if travelling in winter, it's freezing cold in China.

Jesus, you gave me the German language link...nvm, I switched it to Chinese.
in Vietnam, self driving a car or motobike is not an easy thing as the infrastructure is still weak and traffic is chaotic, especially in big cities. apart from that, Vietnam requires you to obtain a Vietnamese driving license with insurance covering. if you want your Chinese driving license to be recognised, you will have to submit it to a local authority. That takes some time to process, perhaps a week or so if they do quickly.

If done, you will get a Vietnamese driving license. Now you can rent a bike or car, don´t forget to learn the traffic rules and buy the insurance.

Good luck!

toyota-innova-vietnam-february-2011.jpg

The best option for a short stay is you rent a car with driver like most foreigners do. The cost of the driver is mostly included in the car rental, so there is no extra cost. Perhaps you will pay a bit more. The insurance is mostly included in the cost as well.

Language should not be a problem as many Vietnamese are multilingual. Ask for driver or tour guide speaking English or Mandarin.
the travel agency "Saigon Tourist" is a good option, where you can look for more information. When I visited Vietnam last year, I also booked my tours at the agency. They are very professional, and can organise for you everything.

Etravelvietnam - Vietnam & Indochine tours

Vietnam is a tropical country, so winter season is a good time for travelling around. for a quick tour I can recommend you the tropical island of Phu Quoc located in the Gulf of Thailand. Very nice: you don´t need a visa!

Foreigners to Phu Quoc to enjoy 30-day visa exemption | Tuổi Trẻ news

inside-no-111.jpg

2YkKSBTi.jpg

8BsPqpLx.jpg

Last edited:
Wow the chinese imperials are taking too much of their own smug to their brains hahaha blaming others just to shove off the attentions to their own failings is so typical chinese nonsense trash bin talk other than that beating up some foreign worker or stealing resources from other countries typical chinese imperials

As nations' level of industrialization increases, factories and power generation (the latter plays a much bigger effect than the former) will generate more and more pollution. As the nation gets wealthier, increasing number of vehicles will also increase pollution. Of course, due to increased level of industrialization, the nation also becomes stronger and can better compete. Really, it is a rather small price to pay for industrialization.

in Vietnam, self driving a car or motobike is not an easy thing as the infrastructure is still weak and traffic is chaotic, especially in big cities. apart from that, Vietnam requires you to obtain a Vietnamese driving license with insurance covering. if you want your Chinese driving license to be recognised, you will have to submit it to a local authority. That takes some time to process, perhaps a week or so if they do quickly.

If done, you will get a Vietnamese driving license. Now you can rent a bike or car, don´t forget to learn the traffic rules and buy the insurance.

Good luck!

The best option for a short stay is you rent a car with driver like most foreigners do. The cost of the driver is mostly included in the car rental, so there is no extra cost. Perhaps you will pay a bit more. The insurance is mostly included in the cost as well.

Language should not be a problem as many Vietnamese are multilingual. Ask for driver or tour guide speaking English or Mandarin.
the travel agency "Saigon Tourist" is a good option, where you can look for more information. When I visited Vietnam last year, I also booked my tours at the agency. They are very professional, and can organise for you everything.

Vietnam is a tropical country, so winter season is a good time for travelling around. for a quick tour I can recommend you the tropical island of Phu Quoc located in the Gulf of Thailand. Very nice: you don´t need a visa!

Wooo, so difficult to drive in Vietnam, I have a US driver's license, is that okay? I am not sure about Vietnam, at least Taiwan and US driver's licenses are mutually recognized. Also I found many tourist journals on Chinese website about travelling in Vietnam, as you said, Nha Trang, Mui Ne, Saigon are really famous and beautiful places, especially the seafood. And the price is very reasonable. As far as I know, the visa is cheap, less than 100 us dollars. I was gonna share the tourist's journals with you, but I can't post links, because there was something wrong with my previous account, can't use it.

Toxic waste continues to flood into Viet Nam - Environment - VietNam News

English - VietNamNet News

Yen Bai residents engulfed by waste dump stench - Environment - VietNam News

http://www.proceedings-stfandicard-...mpacts-at-Chinh-Bac-Waste-Dump-in-Vietnam.pdf

Vietnam latest news - Thanh Nien Daily |
Vietnam military pesticide firm fined for dumping toxic waste

Since the company opened its plant in 1999 the environment around it has become severely polluted, with pesticides leaking into the soil and water, they said.

In the last 15 years the number of people dying of cancer and other diseases has increased.

Women have been giving birth to babies with deformities and disabilities and others have become infertile.

Vietnam Fails to Control Import of Toxic Waste amid Rising Violations | VUFO - NGO Resource Centre Vietnam

Vietnam Fails to Control Import of Toxic Waste amid Rising Violations
Large quantities of toxic waste and raw materials for industrial production are illegally imported into Vietnam every year, and authorities admit they have been unable to handle the situation. Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Environment Bui Cach Tuyen said the waste import has become a big problem and the existing monitoring and penalty regime has not been able to curb this. The volume of illegally-imported waste found and the number of violations are insignificant and make it harder to treat solid wastes, he highlighted. Nguyen Tien Luc, deputy head of the Environmental Crime Prevention and Fighting Police Department, said the government has decided to disallow the temporary imports of certain types of goods for re-export. But lax oversight means many transport companies continue to carry goods that have been temporarily banned or restricted, including used household equipment, secondhand rubber tires, and frozen chicken legs and wings, he said. Experts said regulations do not clearly distinguish between scrap used as raw materials in manufacturing and waste. Thus, many companies take advantage of this to import large quantities of toxic waste. In recent years, official agencies have found more than 200 cases of import of toxic and industrial wastes. They have demanded them to re-export or destroy 325 tons of wastes, 3,150 tons of plastic scrap, 10,000 tones of steel scrap, and 6,200 tons of used lead-acid batteries, according to the department. (Vietnam News Sept 3 p3)

Last edited:
Wooo, so difficult to drive in Vietnam, I have a US driver's license, is that okay? I am not sure about Vietnam, at least Taiwan and US driver's licenses are mutually recognized.

Also I found many tourist journals on Chinese website about travelling in Vietnam, as you said, Nha Trang, Mui Ne, Saigon are really famous and beautiful places, especially the seafood. And the price is very reasonable. As far as I know, the visa is cheap, less than 100 us dollars. I was gonna share the tourist's journals with you, but I can't post links, because there was something wrong with my previous account, can't use it.
no, as I said you need a Vietnamese driving license. you can apply for it when you submit your US license with other required documents to a local authority. Plus you may be asked to take some exams (Q&A) as well as some hours practice how to survive when driving a car in Vietnamese traffic jungle.

Nha Trang and Mui Ne are famous for best beaches and sea foods, while Saigon is more for going out, shopping, dining and partying. As for Visa, Vietnam government is considering to loosen further the rule by giving more countries no-visa policy. China may come next if the relation improves more than we see today. For instance, Russian/Japanese tourists don´t need visa.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom